IT.COM

.in Versus Co.in

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I guess .in names are worth more than co.in names.

Could this change over time?

Thx.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
westblock said:
I thought I had some pretty good names in both ext., but not more a one or two non-serious inquiries :(

Hoping that will change also

If you sit and wait the chances are that is exactly what you will do D-:

Mystic said:
IMO .IN will become very popular anytime soon, more than .co.in will

Such as Jump.in, Dive.IN something that goes with .in will start the trend, become a very popular site and that will start the rush, or maybe nobody will bother, i dunno

Interesting, what commercial value do you think those names will have?

Not really going to help anybody sell their plumbing services or computer repair business are they? They are gimmick names only and in general will have little value.

If you want names that will sell put yourself in the position of an enduser, get names that have meaning for those guys, Plumber.in, Electronics.in etc :hi:

•••
wot said:
If you want names that will sell put yourself in the position of an enduser, get names that have meaning for those guys, Plumber.in, Electronics.in etc :hi:
Agreed 100%....this type of valuation hype based on rhyming of the name with the tld has been propogated quite a few times before in various scenarios and as far as I can recall, has never really caught on.

•••
westblock said:
I thought I had some pretty good names in both ext., but not more a one or two non-serious inquiries :(

Hoping that will change also
I know I have some mistakes but thought I had a few interesting ones. Nada inquiries. Still have hope though.

•••
hark said:
I know I have some mistakes but thought I had a few interesting ones. Nada inquiries. Still have hope though.
Let me give you my own experience with .info/.biz and .us. When they were first released for public in 2001/02, I got myself hundreds of names in the so-called "land-rushes" using several different registrars for paid "pre-registrations" and as a result ended up having names that I consider to be pretty good. I got plenty inquiries in first few weeks after the releases but practically they're all from either other domainers or just curious folks. This initial interest and curiousity was followed by a lull that lasted almost 2 years. Now, since early 2004, I've been getting serious inquiries from true end-users on a regular basis, however, I'd still not say that worthwhile inquiries are pouring in every day.

Hope the above description of my experience would help to mentally figure out rough time frame it'd take for .IN (or for that matter any worthwhile new tld) to start establishing a sustained aftermarket value. But then again, things can always be different and better this time around...:)

•••
I think internet realted keywords and name will be very successful w/ .IN and .co.in

India's population is growing rapidly and their technology market is EXPLODING - I'm happy I just picked up my newest domain, in my sig ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back