IT.COM

.in Versus Co.in

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I guess .in names are worth more than co.in names.

Could this change over time?

Thx.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't think that will ever change.

If .uk ever became available, people would prefer these over co.uk. (yeah, yeah I know.. developed is worth more, blabla..) but just at face value, people would prefer the .uk over co.uk.

•••
Jonathan said:
I don't think that will ever change.

If .uk ever became available, people would prefer these over co.uk. (yeah, yeah I know.. developed is worth more, blabla..) but just at face value, people would prefer the .uk over co.uk.

Thanks Jonathan. That's what I thought.

What do you think about .in names. Is it worth jumping on the bandwagon?

•••
To be honest, I don't think there is a bandwagon. I just don't think they have caught on.

•••
Kodeking said:
To be honest, I don't think there is a bandwagon. I just don't think they have caught on.

Can this be the calm before the storm?

•••
The shorter value makes the .in domains more popular to most. However, I'd have to point out that the .co.in extension has been around a little longer and is a little more established. I think once the markets pick up either ext. will be valuable but the .in probably will get the edge because of length.

•••
IMO .co.in is going to be better. I have noticed that .in have caught up though. We will just have to see.

•••
None of the extensions, including .com, attained any significant and sustained aftermarket value until after a few years of their initial release; .IN and its sub-domain, .CO.IN would be no different, IMO. Relative to these two, just remember....the latter IS in fact a sub-domain of the primary extension !!

•••
I don't see either extension ever being successful.

Just not enough people in India. Save your money.

•••
•••
I always think the shorter the batter as long as it isn't something like .tk :P

•••
Thanks for the info and comments guys. Much appreciated.

•••
wot said:

I sure hope you were joking there! ;)

•••
wot said:

I can't believe you almost had me going with the “Save your money” comment to top it off.

BTW with a staggering daily growth rate of 41,435 people, India is set to become the most populated country by 2022.

•••
wot said:

Yes, I think he was joking. In any case, I went ahead and registered
my first .in name.

•••
•••
Sabre Hosting said:
Congrats! What was it? :)

Glad you asked. SexJobs.in

•••
Pretty nice one :)

Congrats and good luck with it! :tu:

•••
Sabre Hosting said:
Pretty nice one :)

Congrats and good luck with it! :tu:

Thanks.

•••
The market is undeveloped and fairly new. Internet use in India will grow rapidly. In the long run .in should become the standard bearer although co.in as the original Indian commercial extension currently has the most developed sites and will always have a place.

•••
what language do they speak in India?

•••
There are hundreds of languages spoken in India. I believe Hindi is the most common native language but, as a former British colony, many Indians speak English as a second or third language and English is the language of business.

NickRac said:
what language do they speak in India?

•••
taheny said:
There are hundreds of languages spoken in India. I believe Hindi is the most common native language but, as a former British colony, many Indians speak English as a second or third language and English is the language of business.

Yes, and with all of the call center jobs moving to India, English is and will become ever so predominent.

•••
IMO .IN will become very popular anytime soon, more than .co.in will

Such as Jump.in, Dive.IN something that goes with .in will start the trend, become a very popular site and that will start the rush, or maybe nobody will bother, i dunno

•••
I thought I had some pretty good names in both ext., but not more a one or two non-serious inquiries :(

Hoping that will change also
Mystic said:
IMO .IN will become very popular anytime soon

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back