Domain Empire

In praise of Efty and a few suggestions to improve Efty.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

peace800

Established Member
Impact
Although I've not sold a domain on Efty just yet and I'm trying out the 30 day trial, I must say that Efty could well turn out to be the best domain selling platform.

I like the landers, I like the themes and the ease at which you can upload domains and add custom text etc.

Payoneer Escrow integration is a master stroke.

It generally feels like a premier domain platform.

However I feel that several improvements are needed and these are crucial and need to be done as soon as possible.

1. An Android/iPhone Efty app has to be made and introduced asap. Many people are often out and about and instead of logging into the mobile versions of Efty etc an app is essential. You will have to follow Uniregistry' s example with their app. Whilst their app is not prefect it is a big deal for many domainers.

A nice, clean simple app which allows domains to be uploaded easily, inquiries to be dealt with etc is essential I feel.

2. The current user control panel interface could do with a bit of a makeover. I can't see the logout button on the desktop version? I have to click on the mobile version and log out.

3. For make offer domains in which the seller prefers to use Payoneer Escrow what happens and how does the seller prompt the buyer to go and sign up to Payoneer? Does efty takeover the process or Payoneer? I feel that a support section which describes this process should be added.

4. Google analytics is fantastic. Maybe an analytics button in the control panel which the user can click on to go to the analytics site to login would be a nice touch? This isn't a big deal but would be a nice little feature.

5. A disclaimer on landing pages to prompt the buyer to check their junk mail for the verification email once they make an enquiry is essential. Sure we can add it ourselves in the custom text but I feel this is important.

6. Following on from point 5. I feel that every inquiry, whether verified or unverified should appear in the cockpit page. Sure some will be spam enquiries but many potential buyers could be missed as currently only inquiries that have verified their emails can be seen and as already mentioned many verification emails will go straight into their junk box and we are losing many potential buyers like this. Or even remove the email verification altogether.

Would really appreciate Efty's feedback on the above.

All in all Efty is very good. There are two or three very good domain selling platforms but I feel that by implementing the above changes it will be the leader.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Using Efty myself and Love the platform , @Doron Vermaat should reply he has been brilliant with support :) you could also send your suggestions to [email protected] :)

•••
Although I've not sold a domain on Efty just yet and I'm trying out the 30 day trial, I must say that Efty could well turn out to be the best domain selling platform.

I like the landers, I like the themes and the ease at which you can upload domains and add custom text etc.

Payoneer Escrow integration is a master stroke.

It generally feels like a premier domain platform.

However I feel that several improvements are needed and these are crucial and need to be done as soon as possible.

1. An Android/iPhone Efty app has to be made and introduced asap. Many people are often out and about and instead of logging into the mobile versions of Efty etc an app is essential. You will have to follow Uniregistry' s example with their app. Whilst their app is not prefect it is a big deal for many domainers.

A nice, clean simple app which allows domains to be uploaded easily, inquiries to be dealt with etc is essential I feel.

2. The current user control panel interface could do with a bit of a makeover. I can't see the logout button on the desktop version? I have to click on the mobile version and log out.

3. For make offer domains in which the seller prefers to use Payoneer Escrow what happens and how does the seller prompt the buyer to go and sign up to Payoneer? Does efty takeover the process or Payoneer? I feel that a support section which describes this process should be added.

4. Google analytics is fantastic. Maybe an analytics button in the control panel which the user can click on to go to the analytics site to login would be a nice touch? This isn't a big deal but would be a nice little feature.

5. A disclaimer on landing pages to prompt the buyer to check their junk mail for the verification email once they make an enquiry is essential. Sure we can add it ourselves in the custom text but I feel this is important.

6. Following on from point 5. I feel that every inquiry, whether verified or unverified should appear in the cockpit page. Sure some will be spam enquiries but many potential buyers could be missed as currently only inquiries that have verified their emails can be seen and as already mentioned many verification emails will go straight into their junk box and we are losing many potential buyers like this. Or even remove the email verification altogether.

Would really appreciate Efty's feedback on the above.

All in all Efty is very good. There are two or three very good domain selling platforms but I feel that by implementing the above changes it will be the leader.

Thank you for the kind words and your extensive feedback. A lot of the functionality you see in today's version of Efty has been based on feedback from our users over the last couple of years so we really value user feedback and suggestions. I'll do my best to answer all of your questions and suggestions below.

1. We're currently working on a completely revamped version of the Efty application which will be fully responsive. This means that all features can soon be accessed trough your mobile device as the new web app will be fully responsive. Native apps for Android and iOS is something we can look into next.

2. See my answer above :)

3. If a buyer simply clicks the BIN (Buy-It-Now) button on your landing page he/she is prompted to sign up for Payoneer Escrow (or Escrow.com depending on your preference) and fund the escrow. If you have your domain name listed as "Make Offer" then you have to initiate the escrow transaction yourself once you have reached an agreement with the buyer.

4. Nice idea. We will definitely improve this in the new version of the application we're working on now.

5. After a potential buyer completes the "Make Offer" form there is a notification that says "Please check your e-mail to verify your inquiry"

6. I agree and I am happy to share that the new version will have notifications build in for none verified inquiries as well.

•••
Haven't used Efty in a little bit but few things I'd add...

Wouldn't mind seeing a footer that you can add links to. One of the reasons I use my own sales pages as I'm able to cross promote some of my related developed sites on related domains sales pages.

Whois dates seemed to be a day off, not sure if that was fixed.

Market portion seemed nice if doing a brandable logo market but not so much for those of us that want more of a clean text based market focusing on keyword domains as well. Think the default category structure needs some additions added to it as I found it hard to categorize my domains as my portfolio crosses many categories.

So my review would be I definitely dig the landing pages especially now that you added Payoneer Escrow, market found it hard to work with those categories and didn't dig the never ending auto load of hundreds of domains all loading on 1 page instead of just showing like 50 domains per page.

•••
Thanks Doron for the reply and I'm really happy to hear about the new changes that you are bringing in.

•••
Also will you be implementing two step verification, preferably through Google Authenticator?

I think that two step verification is a must. Uniregistry and many of the other platforms have this as it gives peace of mind to domainers.

•••
Also will you be implementing two step verification, preferably through Google Authenticator?

I think that two step verification is a must. Uniregistry and many of the other platforms have this as it gives peace of mind to domainers.

Security has our highest priority but since Efty is not a registrar people can not steal or transfer away any of your assets (domain names) if they would somehow be able to access your account. Nonetheless, we do understand that two-factor authentication would be a great add-on to provide more peace of mind for domainers using the platform so I will make sure we will look into this for future development.

Last edited:
•••
Think the default category structure needs some additions added to it as I found it hard to categorize my domains as my portfolio crosses many categories.

I too mentioned this in another post and never heard if this was something that will be fixed. I am thinking of closing my Efty account because it's categories are limited and make searching your site very user unfriendly. The sitemap in the footer with the names all listed together in no particular order is also a mess. 10 categories is a deal killer once your portfolio reaches a certain size. I have 50 categories in my domain name marketplace, so buyers can find exactly what they want, in a reasonable amount of time, without having to scroll through many unrelated domains.

•••
Hey @Doron Vermaat I am a efty user and I needed to say this. You still have to get the basic thing right.
The total amount of domain purchases ( investment ), that your web application calculates is wrong, hence every other calculations, based on that calculation are wrong. I have no complains with either the boring interface or obscure navigation. I just wish you get this one basicthing right.

That is the very reason, I did not even log into my efty account last month. I have been using google excel sheets and they are giving better results. I emailed to you about this last month and you acknowledged that there is a bug in the system. I am very hopeful that it would be corrected shortly.

Last edited:
•••
Hey @Doron Vermaat I am a efty user and I needed to say this. You still have to get the basic thing right.
The total amount of domain purchases ( investment ), that your web application calculates is wrong, hence every other calculations, based on that calculation are wrong. I have no complains with either the boring interface or obscure navigation. I just wish you get this one basicthing right.

That is the very reason, I did not even log into my efty account last month. I have been using google excel sheets and they are giving better results. I emailed to you about this last month and you acknowledged that there is a bug in the system. I am very hopeful that it would be corrected shortly.

We are currently working on a completely revamped version of the application in which this bug will be ironed out as well. This a completely new framework so the navigation and interface are getting a complete make-over as well.

•••
Hi Doron

I feel that your landing page load times are particularly slow. Especially in the last few days or so. I feel that this will need to be sorted as a priority. I think this has been pointed out before in previous threads on the forum.

A potential buyer typing in a domain name and then having to wait for it to load up as is currently the case is a big issue and would like to see it resolved. Currently Uniregistry landing pages open up extremely quick, I think that Efty should be the same and this could be a deal breaker for many.

•••
Hi Doron

I feel that your landing page load times are particularly slow. Especially in the last few days or so. I feel that this will need to be sorted as a priority. I think this has been pointed out before in previous threads on the forum.

A potential buyer typing in a domain name and then having to wait for it to load up as is currently the case is a big issue and would like to see it resolved. Currently Uniregistry landing pages open up extremely quick, I think that Efty should be the same and this could be a deal breaker for many.

Try ToughDomains.

•••
Hi Doron

Thanks for flagging. I'll make sure we look into this asap.

•••
Hi Doron

I just signed up again for Efty but this is a noticable issue. Need to get some more resources on the landers ASAP.

•••
I have just begun to use Efty the last few weeks, but I absolutely love how easy it is to select a professional design for the landing pages! The theme picker implementation to check how your lander would look in different themes is so easy to use and helpful!

I am also pretty excited by their many category choices that seem well suited to my domain interests, and the fact that Efty is now integrated with PayPal for BIN of relatively low cost domain names.

I am totally impressed with how responsive support is! I noticed that the Namecheap Marketplace was not an option in listing where available and especially where sales occurred, so asked about it, and voila about 24 hr later it is now implemented in their system.

Efty is a fantastic tool, and the helpful, fast responses offered by @Doron Vermaat are truly impressive!

Thank you so much!

Bob

•••
I have just begun to use Efty the last few weeks, but I absolutely love how easy it is to select a professional design for the landing pages! The theme picker implementation to check how your lander would look in different themes is so easy to use and helpful!

I am also pretty excited by their many category choices that seem well suited to my domain interests, and the fact that Efty is now integrated with PayPal for BIN of relatively low cost domain names.

I am totally impressed with how responsive support is! I noticed that the Namecheap Marketplace was not an option in listing where available and especially where sales occurred, so asked about it, and voila about 24 hr later it is now implemented in their system.

Efty is a fantastic tool, and the helpful, fast responses offered by @Doron Vermaat are truly impressive!

Thank you so much!

Bob

Thank you for the great feedback. We always do our best to respond to questions and help everyone get started as quickly as possible :)

•••
Does anyone know if it is possible to select which domain names show up on the 'first' page of your Efty Marketplace? For mine it seems to show the most recently added domains, but I would make a different selection if I could. I guess I could delete and re-add the ones I want to make them show up, but just wondered if there was an easier way.

As an example of what I mean, my Efty Marketplace main page is:

Http://www.frugal.bid

Thanks for any help, more experience Efty users!

Bob

•••
High praise for efty.

The lander page options are excellent, plenty to choose from. I would like to see though, more design options for 'buy it now'

Cheers.

•••
How does efty commission compare to Afternic?
What is the team like behind efty ? quick payouts for sales?

•••
Efty doesn't charge commissions (y)

•••
One more suggestion to Efty.
When exporting the domains to Excel, the capitalization is lost. It takes time to correct it by hand if you are doing this for many domains.
It would be better to have the domains exported in the capitalized form rather than lowercase, or maybe export both versions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back