IT.COM

poll In case you were not aware...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Will you consider registering emoji-based domains?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    4.2%
  • No

votes
    59.7%
  • Maybe

votes
    11.1%
  • No idea, let's see them trending first

votes
    5.6%
  • This is silly

votes
    16.7%
  • You are so gay! I won't even talk to you!

votes
    2.8%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

s.g

Okay, you've cracked it. There is more to us...Restricted (Market)
Impact
What? 😲

Emoji symbols can now be used for domain registrations! They get converted to xn (idn-like) format.

We just found out about this ourselves and, of course, we immediately registered 🏳️‍🌈.com and other selected extensions.

Good luck with your registrations. Whether you'll be bothered or not, please let us know through our mega brief poll.

Enjoy your day!

Your s.g Team

Edited by moderator to remove unnecessary www. and linking to external URL.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
where did you reg it? cant at epik.com

•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
No, we don't mean .ws

@pb check the website again. There is a message there for you... :)

•••
•••
•••
Until things get sorted/propagated, you can also use www.xn1ugy405pdua.com

Sorry to break it to you but xn1ugy405pdua.com is just a random gibberish domain, idn version of the rainbow flag is xn--1ugy405pdua and it cannot be registered in .com or most of the other extensions.

Last edited:
•••
Sorry to break it to you but xn1ugy405pdua.com is just a random gibberish domain, idn version of the rainbow flag is xn--1ugy405pdua and it cannot be registered in .com or most of the other extensions.
In that case we've just been scammed and this thread will get automatically deleted.

Darn, such a dream!

•••
I bought 3 long ago just for fun:

🦢.ws
🦘.ws
🇶🇦.ws

Last time I checked emoji .com where not allowed. Are there updates to that?

I think 1 symbol 'single emoji' .com will have a future, once everything goes back to normal of course.

Amr

•••
•••
I bought 3 long ago just for fun:

🦢.ws
🦘.ws
🇶🇦.ws

Last time I checked emoji .com where not allowed. Are there updates to that?

I think 1 symbol 'single emoji' .com will have a future, once everything goes back to normal of course.

Amr
But @pb says .ws don't allow them, just like .com ... now we are truly confused.

•••
But @pb says .ws don't allow them, just like .com ... now we are truly confused.

it’s not allowed .com for sure.

ICANN re geezers “security” thread or some bs

Last edited:
•••
.ws is totally allowed. Type 🦢.ws in your browser & you will go to my dan page.

•••
In that case we could be lucky with our dot com (as it was sold to us after we used the emoji itself).

•••

.ws allows emojis but only the short ones I think.
The rainbow flag is marked invalid when you check it in .ws

•••
I agree. @s.g Read the 3rd paragraph here.
I would ask refund.

Last edited:
•••
I agree. @s.g Read the 3rd paragraph here.
I would ask refund.
That's a very informative site. It is emoji news, after all. Thanks to your/their input, though.

•••
•••
Add the option: "Probably not, after viewing this thread" to the poll, and I'll vote.

•••
Add the option: "Probably not, after viewing this thread" to the poll, and I'll vote.
We tried (just for fun), but it cannot be edited. It seems polls are not popular here. They are not popular anywhere since the 90s but at least we gave it a try.

•••
Appreciate the try. I did cast my vote, btw.

•••
Who is we?
We, meaning the people who have dived into domaining, who are learning on the go, and who happen to have some extra cash and are ready to use it. We and our friends want to buy a bunch of carefully selected domains in order to resell or develop them. For now we are selecting the best ones, but we are still thinking about selling our very first domain (no longer the case) to learn the basics.

What's the difference between being anonymous (alone) and being anonymous (in a group)? It's like saying, "Who or what on earth is this namedeck thing? Is it a company? Is it and individual? Or is this entity operated by that grey squirrel we saw in the park earlier today?" (While speaking, the person should speak very loudly (accidental spitting is a perfectly suitable byproduct), waving arms erratically, rolling eyes and acting angrily confused or, ideally, agressive.)

A Trump-friendly explanation:

We, more people. I, one of the group. We together: domaining (it's like buying land on the moon but with people actually going there for a visit).

A normal explanation:

If we agree on something in real time (or pre-agreed on it in general terms), we say we. When one of us states something else, than that person says I. Not precisely complicated.

Example: I think singular and plural option should be about the same, I therefore think that you (a person who is not quoting his/her name, and your domain is most likely not behind that reason, unlike ours) should introduce yourself in a greater detail before saying what you did.

Now, we do understand that you might have simply wanted to request more details about us (without at least partially introducing yourself/yourselves), but people are so allergic to anonymity, especially group anonymity, that we might as well cover this topic.

Done. Covered.

Have a great one, whoever you are! :)

Last edited:
•••
Back