Dynadot

In Bulk search unavailable appear as available?

NameSilo
Watch

Ahmed Rana

OptimaNomina.comUpgraded Member
Impact
I tried Namecheap and GD bulk search yesterday. Both showed tons of unavailable domains as available. Is it common?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They may be using cached data for their bulk search, in order to limit the amount of requests they have to send to the registry.
This behavior may also only happen during certain hours when the registrar in question knows there will be more requests to handle..

•••
I tried Namecheap and GD bulk search yesterday. Both showed tons of unavailable domains as available. Is it common?
Name.com is the tried and true, for me, of any bulk search out there. Honestly. Try It. It's fast and I'm always impressed.

•••
Whois database server of some registries will limit the number or frequency of queries per IP per day, this will result in no data being found.

•••
Namecheap is not reliable also due to premium domain not correclty detected.
Name.com is trusted in bulk search but limited to 500 searches. I don't know a service that allows more than 500 searches in bulk (except namecheap limited to 5000).

•••
Name.com is trusted in bulk search but limited to 500 searches. I don't know a service that allows more than 500 searches in bulk (except namecheap limited to 5000).
I think Dynadot does 1000, but I love Name.com

•••
The best way is to use your own batch whois query script, which will be more accurate.
You only need to run this script on your personal computer, this is the lowest cost solution .

Last edited:
•••
Namecheap have this issue sometime bulk search don't even show any results just keep on loading

•••
this usually happen with domains that are available on some marketplaces,
and some domains that are available for a premium fee

it happen at Godaddy and Name when i run too big batches like tens of thousands domains lists

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back