IT.COM

discuss Imagining the world with no domain names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
The use of domain names expanded globally in the 2000s, along with their identification as digital assets of value. Domain investing became an occupation and a profession, losing its hobbyist overtones. Monetization of domain traffic created a secondary producer of wealth for several years, under the vigil eye of almighty Google. Fortunes were created from other people's clicks, a digital flow of knocks on your front door whether you had something to sell or not...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Domain names are great, but I have a feeling the western world is about to start leaning towards disliking technologies similar to this because of it's effect on the environment. I do not subscribe to this belief, but I am already seeing it take place with crypto currency, wouldn't surprise me if it moved on to domains somehow.

•••
Domain names are great, but I have a feeling the western world is about to start leaning towards disliking technologies similar to this because of it's effect on the environment. I do not subscribe to this belief, but I am already seeing it take place with crypto currency, wouldn't surprise me if it moved on to domains somehow.
It has as ip numbers run out so blockchain will be applied over time.

•••
Imagine all the AI living life in peace.

•••
It has as ip numbers run out so blockchain will be applied over time.

I doubt it. We're still low on ipv6 adoption so I don't think blockchain will be popular anytime soon.

•••
•••
I doubt it. We're still low on ipv6 adoption so I don't think blockchain will be popular anytime soon.
There is a thread about it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back