Domain Empire

advice I'm new! Please help!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AnthonyCr

Impact
I am new to this and I was wondering if anyone might be willing to give me some tips to get started. My friends tell me I'm wasting my time because this industry is 'over saturated'. Not even sure what that means - but I'm going to give it a try anyway.

I've purchased some domain names that seem like they might have value - some websites tell me they do, others tell me they don't. Just as an example - exploresave.com, agoodpost.com, luckyusers.com, handyinsight.com - just to name a few.

All of my domains are 'parked' at GoDaddy and now I want to sell them and make as much as I possibly can. If anyone could be kind enough to maybe give me an idea of what to do next it would be greatly appreciated. I promise to 'pay it forward' when I can.

P.S. I was thinking about using the auction tool at GoDaddy and the Estibot Lead Generation tool to get the word out about my auction. I'm just not sure if these are the next best steps.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Fellow newbie, so don't overly listen to my advice, but I like luckyusers.com. Could be used by a rewards app/internet marketing group. Agoodpost.com could be used by a charity blog, maybe.

If you hand registered them, I would put them up as a buy it now on sedo or afternic at between $300 to $400 and then start outbound emailing businesses in these areas.

Feel free to PM me if you ever want to exchange tips with each other, I am also trying to learn, and it would be cool to see what other people are doing.

•••
Hello:

You might consider putting some of your names in the APPRAISALS section of NamePros for potential appraisals by NamePros members.

Not all names get replies from members, however you might get some replies that may give you insights into those names.

The APPRAISALS section can be located at the top of this page.

Read through as much of NamePros as you can for buying and selling ideas and, read the Blog section, Bob and James provide many great posts to NamePros!

Welcome to NamePros!

•••
Welcome to NamePros, Please spend enough time in this forum, you will figure out yourself.

Last edited:
•••
Welcome to NamePros!
Read more before you start,@Bob Hawkes ‘s article could provide you with a lot of experience.

•••
•••
hmmm.. very clever. Wonder how many outlets these kind of so-called "newb" threads have been created over the years, curated and geared as solutions and advertisements, all in one cute little package.

To newbs reading this thread, stay away from anything Godaddy or Estibot or anyone else before doing some extensive reading on domain investing. The market certainly is over-saturated, the OP's "friends" are right about that, and big-name domain places make it easy to load up on worthless names and list them without doing your due diligence.

•••
Thanks for your post, @AnthonyCr and welcome to NamePros! I am sure that you will find this a helpful community as you grow and refine your domain investing skills, full of people with diverse talents and eager to help.

Re your question, probably the most important thing is to make sure that the domains each are listed on at least one major marketplace, and that there is a professional lander for each. When you said parked at GoDaddy was not sure if you meant that they are listed for sale there. Views vary about buy-it-now prices, but for domains of the type you mention I personally think it makes sense to set a buy-it-now price, and activate fast transfer. That means someone will be presented with your domain name when searching for the term at registrars, and have the ability to buy it instantly. The big networks are Afternic (owned by GoDaddy) and Sedo, and DAN is rapidly growing to a similar number of domain names. You can list at multiple places, some advise putting BIN at only one to prevent chance of simultaneous sales, although that is slight.

Your lander is where the name goes if someone guesses it and enters it in a browser. Afternic give you a few choices, and you can also change some things in Sedo landers. Many feel the DAN landers look very professional and are trivial to set up. They also allow you to offer your name with a payment plan, that may help some names sell.

Beyond that, would urge you to be realistic. Industry wide the odds of any individual .com selling at the end of one year is about 1 chance in 100 (even somewhat lower in most new extensions, not much different in org and net, variable in country code). Some names do sell rapidly, but most will not sell for years, if ever.

Best wishes, and welcome to NamePros.

Bob

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back