Domain Empire

I'm fed up from my web hosting company

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

fradlong

Established Member
Impact
I'm fed up from my web hosting company :( they are offering their services in cheap prices this is plus point but .. such I'm facing such a bad downtime .. and bad customer support can you recommend me good hosting provider ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you are talking about good hosting provider, You should not based on price. You need to pick a hosting plan that best fit to your need .
Check the offer section for hosting provider consideration

•••
If you are talking about good hosting provider, You should not based on price. You need to pick a hosting plan that best fit to your need .
Check the offer section for hosting provider consideration
All i need and expect from hosting company is Good Support , good up time and also " Price is the serious matter of concern for me" I'm looking for good hosting company who offers their services in reasonable prices

•••
i use Tsohost in the UK. I do believe they cater to an international market too. Always worth asking. The best thing about them is the support!

•••
Maybe give us an idea of what you're looking for, like shared, VPS, etc? What are you paying now?

•••
Many questions have to be answered for us to give you a proper advice. As Gaiacom mentioned, the type of plan and desired budget are factors that matter. Also - how big is your website, what application is it using, what specific requirements for your project might influence your decision etc. The Offers sections is good, you can also check such sections in other forums - WebHostingTalk can certainly help on that matter. Once you have a shortlist of hosts that fit your requirements and budget, you can easily test their Support through their chat, asking questions that are tightly connected to your project and sharing your expectations. I would definitely recommend to put Customer Service before price for a determining factor, as low price often means low quality in this industry.

•••
You can always change your web hosting company.That is why it is very important that before starting you have to be certain with the web hosting that you are planning to take advantage of.

•••
funny_tattoo.jpg

Cheaper isn't always better. Uptime, features, and support are the most important things for me. You don't have to pay a lot for great service - just gotta find it.

•••
Uptime and support are two of the most important services a hosting company provides. Many users are disappointed to say the least when these two services fail generally with cheaper levels of hosting. When it is critical that your website is up and you can reach support when you need it then the real price of a low low priced host becomes evident.

•••
If you are using shared hosting, it might be time to upgrade to a VPS.

•••
Pricing and quality tend to be diametrically opposed ideas when it comes to Web hosting. Understand that by chasing a low price you are giving up a bit of quality. Understand your acceptable quality threshold, and then understand it comes at a price.

•••
Make sure the host has the payment option your looking for. I don't even think twice about a host that doesn't accept paypal.

•••
Nice to see Jaguar PC get involved in the conversation.

Oh, BTW I left them last year because they responded to my URGENT ticket after 2 days.
There was a malicious file found on one of my sites, so they naturally shut down ALL my sites. Thank you, JaguarPC

•••
Begin with and maintain a clear and written understanding of all services and all charges for them. If questions still remain or some terms are unclear it is strongly advised that you ask for clarification before signing up for anything.

•••
You no longer need a programming guru to set up your site. You no longer need to be a computer guru to get a web site posted. Web hosting service has vastly improved since the beginning days of the internet.

•••
I feel your frustration. I don’t really know too much about web hosting but I did learn a valuable lesson about 3 years ago in regards to them.

I don’t know if this is relevant but I’m going to tell the story anyways as at the very least it should be entertaining.

Back when I was first getting started in the domain industry I decided I would keep all of my domains at GoDaddy and I’d also have my website also hosted at GoDaddy using their hosting service since it would be more convenient. I was running wordpress and everything worked out fine EXCEPT for one thing – it was unbearably slow.

It was so slow I had some of my clients I was trying to flip my domains to accuse me of lying about owning a legitimate business because they couldn’t see my website since it wasn’t loading or was taking so long it threw up an error (and as you can guess it really hurt sales). Obviously I contact GoDaddy and they gave me the good old run around which lead me back to square one. I also went on the GoDaddy forums looking for help and not surprisingly everyone else was complaining about the same problem I had.

I eventually came across a guy that gave me a really good piece of advice. He said when it come to domains and web hosting you’ll realize most companies specialize in one and often have the other as an afterthought – this is why you need to use a company that specializes in domains for your domains and a company that specializes in hosting for your hosting. Don’t try and bundle them up from the same company as you’ll be in for a world of frustration.

So I made the switch over to Host Gator that same day and since then I’ve never had a problem.

Now I’m sure GoDaddy has cleaned up their act with their hosting by now but I still wouldn’t bother hosting my website with them. Up to this day I still believe it’s best to have one company that specializes in domains to host your domains and another that specializes in hosting to host your websites.

•••
I feel your frustration. I don’t really know too much about web hosting but I did learn a valuable lesson about 3 years ago in regards to them.

I don’t know if this is relevant but I’m going to tell the story anyways as at the very least it should be entertaining.

Back when I was first getting started in the domain industry I decided I would keep all of my domains at GoDaddy and I’d also have my website also hosted at GoDaddy using their hosting service since it would be more convenient. I was running wordpress and everything worked out fine EXCEPT for one thing – it was unbearably slow.

It was so slow I had some of my clients I was trying to flip my domains to accuse me of lying about owning a legitimate business because they couldn’t see my website since it wasn’t loading or was taking so long it threw up an error (and as you can guess it really hurt sales). Obviously I contact GoDaddy and they gave me the good old run around which lead me back to square one. I also went on the GoDaddy forums looking for help and not surprisingly everyone else was complaining about the same problem I had.

I eventually came across a guy that gave me a really good piece of advice. He said when it come to domains and web hosting you’ll realize most companies specialize in one and often have the other as an afterthought – this is why you need to use a company that specializes in domains for your domains and a company that specializes in hosting for your hosting. Don’t try and bundle them up from the same company as you’ll be in for a world of frustration.

So I made the switch over to Host Gator that same day and since then I’ve never had a problem.

Now I’m sure GoDaddy has cleaned up their act with their hosting by now but I still wouldn’t bother hosting my website with them. Up to this day I still believe it’s best to have one company that specializes in domains to host your domains and another that specializes in hosting to host your websites.

Its great that you realized some things that many people fail to understand to this day. As part of a web hosting company we are sometimes experiencing the opposite. People come to us and ask "how come your domains are $10+ and GoDaddy offers them for a buck. They also offer hosting so why shouldn't we use them". Naturally I am against bashing other companies directly as I feel its unprofessional so I try to explain how prices cannot be compared as one is a domain registrar that has hosting as a secondary offering, while the other is a hosting company that offers domains on the side. As soon as people realize that, they would much more objectively compare services.

There is one thing I still don't fully agree with to this day and that is keeping domains and hosting separate. Just to be clear, I don't think that's unreasonable but I do think that this is not true in all cases. I believe finding a good host is harder than finding a good domain registrar but when you actually encounter a quality provider which also has reasonable pricing for domains the client should feel safe having everything at one place and managing it easily. As this is a domain forum I realize that many of you operate with a large number of domains, so a cheaper registrar is a must. In such cases its absolutely normal to keep hosting and domains separate. But if you are a business seeking online presence and you don't operate more than a few domains, the price difference would not be so steep. ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back