IT.COM

.im domains hold no value?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
While searching for good domain names, I found many good .im domains are available however other extensions were already taken. Aren't im domains good? aren't they worth registering?

Can you show any .im sold for good money at sedo or flippa?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not exactly a hot shot. Check the numbers out on dnpric.es only four sold this year

•••
Stay away from .im names

Isle of Man has a population of around 80k so not much of a market

•••
Check Namebio.com for previous sales, only a handful of reported sales and mainly strong keywords (Hotel, Play, Cloud, Free, Hotels, Gay, Mobile, Sale etc)

It would be virtually impossible to go and find buyers for these names, you would have to be really patient

•••
Thanks all for the reply.

All .com domains are occupied!

•••

That is actually not a good reason to reg a .im domain.

One could say the same thing for registering .tk or .bz domains.

•••

Then get your country cctld and if thats taken, get the .net, .org, .biz

Anything but .IM

•••
.xyz .co .io .net .yourcctld .tv for videos

•••
Thanks all for the reply.

Really? ALL??? You obviously haven't searched much then coz there are many millions available to reg, if more billions.

•••
Imo cool domains like sl.im, k.im, no_url_shorteners or messanger.im are good ones. Something like freshfood.im doesn't hold much value because the extension is not appropriate.

•••
I don't know but I'have regd couple of domains with hot keywords (hollywood & smartphone) .. by the way Smartphones.im got 7 bids on sedo..!! and Iphone.im has 41 bids right now.!!

•••
I don't know but I'have regd couple of domains with hot keywords (hollywood & smartphone) .. by the way Smartphones.im got 7 bids on sedo..!! and Iphone.im has 41 bids right now.!!
Do you own these two domains?

•••
•••
•••
Whats the current bid?

Dude I have just listed these names..

But the bids are for other domains (those are not mine)

Smartphones.im got 7 bids (I have smartphone)
Iphone.im got 41 bids

•••
Dude I have just listed these names..

But the bids are for other domains (those are not mine)

Smartphones.im got 7 bids (I have smartphone)
Iphone.im got 41 bids
ok

•••
I have sold 1 .im domain and that is when they first came on the market. I think I bought 5 and only sold 1...if they are cheap (Under $8) then pick up a few for a year. Who knows what 365 days may bring in

•••
I have sold 1 .im domain and that is when they first came on the market. I think I bought 5 and only sold 1...if they are cheap (Under $8) then pick up a few for a year. Who knows what 365 days may bring in

Yeah, anything is possible. Just sold a domain in another extension. Fetched good value as compared to extension's average value.

•••
Recently sold air dot im on flippa (no reserve auction) for $305. That was my last .im better value in other TLDs.

•••
Recently sold air dot im on flippa (no reserve auction) for $305. That was my last .im better value in other TLDs.

Wow.. That's really good to cover renewal costs of other stock :) Was that featured auction?

•••
•••

I have sent you PM but it seems I am unable to send it.. or seems net issue..!!

First of all congrats on your sale.. Just a query to ask

You sold it for $305
Less flippa commission $35
+
Premium Listing fee $250
+
Regfee $10 = Total Expenses $295

So $305 - $295 = profit is just $10 ??

I agree any profit is profit but still middlemen is earning more than owner..

•••
Normally you should be right but I listed that in the Black Friday period and got a bunch of free upgrades. I only pushed it to main page once more for $49 so my profit was 305-49-30.5(success fee)-10 about $220.

•••
wine / im sold for $1,180 on SEDO

just got that on my email-client's feeds I get from SEDO's sales

•••
The majority don't but some do but that is only a very small fraction. If I was you I would register different ccTLDs instead.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back