Dynadot

I'm back and scared to death...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I need to sell a LLL.net that I have owned since August 1995. I used it for an ISP business for 6 years and since July 2001 it has only been used for a short and looong standing email address that get way too much spam, of course.

Anyhow, I have been out of work for 20 days shy of a year and despite my efforts (I got stories) I have run out of unemployment benefits and things are way past bad.

I know there is great potential but fear being burned badly on something that not only could help but also has some sentimental value. I owe it to my family to do the best I can especially since medical and such have dropped off the map. I had to stop both blood pressure meds a month and two months ago.

I contacted through email, the admins and/or owners of sites that use the acronym often on their WWW sites. I also use some of my own ideas and contacted people in connection with those.

...I have had only one response, through a Facebook connection of all things. I feel like the 1 kilobuck offer is less than it is worth and I would likely start my own entity/site before accepting that figure.

I have free Sedo and DNforums accounts and with money so tight I hesitate to spend $59 on DNF to post there.

I also have a few other domains, two. the .net and .org that I registered in good faith to reserve and transfer to the *.com owners but they don;t respond. I did that for free and have paid for their keep. I will try again to see whether they would at least compensate me for holding them but could use more of course.

Now... Who would you all suggest I get help from here. I need a person like me, old and old-school, Godly, sincere, honest, and willing to help. I would be happy to work a fair deal.

That said, I will make the same plea on DNF. Any input is welcome.

signed, scared stiff!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry to hear about your problems. I am not going to suggest how to go about selling your LLL.net domain. I am sure there might be others who might help you out.

I just wanted to post and provide some motivation. I understand what it feels to be broke and without money. Been there and it could only get better than that right?. Please keep looking for the job. You just might be close to landing one than you know of, now.

LLL.net sale, unless it is a good word by itself will not make you rich. At best it might give you money for a month's expense.

All the best :wave:

•••
First off let me welcome you to the forum TheAnt!

Like mentioned by domainventure, unless you find a end user that willing to pay good money ..here is a basic 3 character domain price!

http://3character.com/priceguide.html

3-Letter .net - $500 (+ $25 since February 1, 2013 report)
3 Number .net - $1200 (Unchanged)

•••
Welcome back! All the best with your sale & finding a new job :)

•••
Thanks for the encouragement folks! I am indeed still working hard at finding work. Opportunities have greatly increased but so far none appear to have been what is in the grand plan. I'll be asking The Grand Planner what is going on...

There are some hot current events that will not go away that fit the acronym and some sensitive uses for it that I might have to pray about.

I expect that I may be able to "hit a nerve" on more than one of the potentials. It may take some thought.

Is there any reason I should not tell what it is, here?

Thanks again folks!

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

btw, I haven't sprung for the DNF membership. I am thinking the audience there might be mostly domainers when I need a end user with a passion for a fitting domain name.

thoughts?

•••
Can't free members post at DNF? Just not in sales forums etc?

But yes ... Domain Forums are not where you want to sell.

Whats your area of skill?

•••
My skill is "figurin'"... like I figured it might not be good to sell to a domainer who will only buy for profit. A site or business owner might look at it like a shiny new car and hopefully pour out his passion expressed in $$. My family needs it!

I don't think I want to use Ebay but Sedo maybe. It seems AfterNIC seems to get the highest prices and it really shows on the .net domains.

I need to do some phone calls instead of emails.

Oh yea, sorry to leave you with the smartass response on skills. I was schooled in Electronics Engineering Technology, digital, mickyprocessors and interfacing/signal conditioning for control and such, and also focused on (chemical or manufacturing) process control/automation. I started in a PDP11 computer repair shop for 100 Texas chemical plants. After 7 years, it was automation computer engineer for 7 years, then an Internet Service Provider (old school days as far as domains were concerned), then lotsa network stuff and back to contracting as automation computer engineer technologist, and finally as a cyber security espert for control systems networks.

Card carryin' ADD as all get out but.., ADD is a great thing for troubleshooting and handling emergencies. The adrenalin stimulates us and helps us hold focus, improves memory, etc., instead of panicking like many do. It also lends itself to entrepreneurism (not my bailiwick), creativity, and computers, complex machinery (and electronics), anythuing with lots of variables. Otherwise I'm pretty stupid most of the time and lose my butt every time I turn around!

DNF won't let me post ANYTHING nor modify my profile... maybe something is screwed up in my account. Maybe I should create a new one and try... Thanks folks!

Can't free members post at DNF? Just not in sales forums etc?

But yes ... Domain Forums are not where you want to sell.

Whats your area of skill?

•••
You're going to have to do work to sell it. Just dumping it on a forum is, you're right, not a good idea.

Unfortunately it's not likely to be enough to make much of a difference.

I was hoping by asking about skills to suggest some ways of making a little cash but your skillset is pretty tightly knitted to industry. I'd have thought that security expert would have some positions going these days that's quite a hot spot and difficult to fill. I know that I'm similar in the ADD stakes - I struggle to fit into the new compartmentalizing of people hiring model too.

I don't know what you can and can't do with a entry account at DNF. Maybe send Adam an email and see if he can't cut you a deal whereby you promise to pay in the future once you get your financial position back where it needs to be. Don't ask don't get.

•••
Don't bother with DNF membership because that forum is almost dead.

•••
•••
tgn.net

see http://www.namepros.com/domain-appraisals/790515-tgn-net.html

www.tgndebajacalifornia.com/

I will post some things on www.tgn.net as show in that appraisal thread and hope to catch attention though searches and direct phone calls to the registrants.

in addition to that thread:
TGNtransporte gas del norte in southern California, and another gas transport pipeline in Romania, tata global network and combinations thereof, The Gulf Network (if still there in Florida and another in The Mideast), The Gay network has deep pockets.

As I said (close anyways) that I have known people who had enough money to fart 1/2 megabucks!. I just gotta get the right one to see that it is for sale.

What's the domain ?

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Thanks! Some of these are encouraging, although likely a pipe dream.

Afternic, Namejet, SEDO... I have a SEDO login but would have to give them money to try to sell there.

Domain TLD SalePrice SaleDate SaleThru
IVK net $1,150 13-Jan Sedo
QCS net $1,200 13-Mar Afternic
JJP net $1,477 13-Feb Afternic
LBD net $2,300 13-Feb NameJet
BOM net $2,515 13-Feb NameJet
LWK net $2,600 12-Dec Afternic
DJW net $2,750 12-Dec Afternic
HKP net $2,926 13-Jan Sedo
TMI net $3,000 13-Feb Sedo
VKS net $3,000 12-Dec Sedo
PMA net $3,300 13-Feb Afternic
Wed net $3,375 13-Feb NameJet
TRT net $3,800 13-Feb NameJet
PEC net $5,200 13-Feb Sedo
GWK net $10,595 13-Jan Afternic
Sin net $16,587 13-Feb NameJet
RBT net $18,000 13-Jan Sedo
RTB net $18,000 13-Jan Sedo
FXX net $19,000 13-Jan DomainNameSales
RGP net $25,000 12-Dec DomainNameSales/DomainAdvisors

First off let me welcome you to the forum TheAnt!

Like mentioned by domainventure, unless you find a end user that willing to pay good money ..here is a basic 3 character domain price!

http://3character.com/priceguide.html

•••
Why not open a business on it. It will give you longer income and provide for you.

•••
Don't bother with DNF membership because that forum is almost dead.

You'r right and I can't believe it.

-

Also interested to see what this name is. I lost a great 3 letter .net pronounceable domain at T.R.A.F.F.I.C. for 1k in a no reserve auction. Sucked, because it was worth a lot more.

•••
What happened? Happy conclusion still struggling? Pls update. Ty.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back