IT.COM

If you use PayPal Beware!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have had the same paypal business account for 4 years and I went to log in tonight and I got this for no reason. I have not used my account for anything unusual. Any suggestions Please!!!

We recently reviewed your account, and we need more information about your business to allow us to provide uninterrupted service. Until we can collect this information, your access to sensitive account features will be limited. We would like to restore your access as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Why is my account access limited?

Your account access has been limited for the following reason(s):

# May 23, 2005: In accordance with PayPal's User Agreement and Acceptable Use Policy, we have closed your account. Your funds may be held for 180 days from the date of your last transaction. After 180 days, you will be able to access your funds by requesting an online bank transfer or, if applicable, a check from PayPal. Please update your address or bank information as we cannot be held responsible for checks issued to an incorrect address. We do ask that you please remove reference(s) to PayPal from your site.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Try to contact the site. Because I have recieved spoof emails that say exactly that. To update my account and billing info. Contact paypal and see what they say. Or maybe they thought there was a threat to the account. Someone trying to access it but did not have the correct password. They limit the number of times of trying to log in to an account with the wrong password. After a number of times they will suspend your account until you contact them.

Nick

•••
I think that's completely unfair! :| maybe they should block a certain IP from trying to login with too many failed attempts. Completely unfair to the original owner fo the PayPal account :|

•••
yeah its completely unfair paypal is going to mad

•••
Is it legit because I get similar emails that are from scammers.

•••
Is it is for real. I went to Paypal and logged in and this is what it is saying the reason they limited my account, this is not an email.

They are crazy

•••
Maybe it was a misunderstanding. Did you atleast try to contact them?

•••
What site did you have paypal referenced?

•••
Call them and find out before you go crazy speculating. Their phone support has really improved the last year or so.

•••
Yeah it has really good now but it could be that you didn't agree to their terms within 120 days, I think. I just opened my account and it said that but I never did it yet but I should do it soon.

•••
kjnetworks:
I follow PayPal as a "critic" shall we say ;)
But the usual reasons are (These aren't necessarily against TOS or anything, simply traced causes after dealing with CS):
1) Multiple credit cards with different billing address
2) Multiple accounts
3) Using a single use credit card
4) Not updating an account you closed
5) Buying/Selling adult material (including domain names) is oft cited as a possible cause, although it has never been officially cited to my knowledge. Many times, even after multiple calls/emails with PayPal, they never even give a reason, only that you violated the user ag. somehow.

Your best bet, honestly... open a new account, let that one go. It's sad that the best fix is against TOS as well.

Here's to hoping a better option than PayPal comes soon, banking billpay has good potential, just needs to be more efficient, IMHO (Also removes PayPal as the middleman).

-Allan

•••
Strange.... and you say you haven't done anything. Your best bet is to email them or make them a call to see what happened.

•••
Spoof and Phising

Dear Friends,

I would recommend, NEVER reply to such email who ask for personal information. And never do anything like giving credit card numbers, personal detials, Address etc. anything.

Just do not do anything at all with this email. As all these emails looks very secure as most of time it is from same server and so. These Hackers can get something like [email protected] name also without www.ebay.com They are thats much smart. So just contact the website you think it has come from. And write to them. Forward this mail to them. And wait what they say.

Keep very tight security of your Personal and confidential Data. You never know when you will get killed by even someone similar like www.Paypal.com and even Paypal do not know about them.

Help everyone to fight these fraud

Arvind Kumar
CEO, www.nuttymarketer.com
email : [email protected]

Domain for sale
www.loanforhigherstudy.com
www.womenbrands.com
www.salepitch.com
www.makingbigsale.com

•••
You can email paypal support asking if anyone has tried changing anything in your account recently. Someone may have gained access and tried changing sensitive information prompting PayPal to close your account until furthur notice.

•••
greensquare said:
Dear Friends,

I would recommend, NEVER reply to such email who ask for personal information. And never do anything like giving credit card numbers, personal detials, Address etc. anything.

Just do not do anything at all with this email. As all these emails looks very secure as most of time it is from same server and so. These Hackers can get something like [email protected] name also without www.ebay.com They are thats much smart. So just contact the website you think it has come from. And write to them. Forward this mail to them. And wait what they say.

Good to point out greensquare, but I think this message displays when trying to log directly into paypal.com (That's where I've seen it before), and when calling PayPal, they confirm the account's frozen status, but are usually unable to provide any more information than that. Meh.

-Allan

•••
Well the bottom line is that there can't be security and convience at the same time.
Some of the things they do are for security reasons and some other are just plain unreasonable.

I have been with them for some years as well, but until date there was no complains. ( yet )

•••
microdude431 said:
Remember that paypal likes to perform random security checks :(. It has happened to me too.
Do you have more info on these random security checks? What did they want from you?

•••
Well after a few hours of getting the run around with Paypal I finally got a answer. 2 moths ago a friend of mine had an adult site that he wanted to sell so I sold it for him on Ebay and the buyer paid me through Paypal and they are closing my account for that. I have had this business account for 4 years and I did not know that you could not take payment for an adult sale through Ebay and paypal cause I don't deal with adult sites. I may be wrong but it seems that this should have been handled better by Palpay, for someone that has had a business account for 4 years and made a careless mistake. I guess I learned a quick lesson! Any suggestions???

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
5) Buying/Selling adult material (including domain names) is oft cited as a possible cause, although it has never been officially cited to my knowledge. Many times, even after multiple calls/emails with PayPal, they never even give a reason, only that you violated the user ag. somehow.

Me = psychic ;)

Interesting that they told you the reason straight out, that is one of the hardest things in the world to get PayPal to do. Funnier still that they police it.

Solution? Open a new account, get on with your life; or appeal and see how many layers of eBay/PP byur-do'h-craps you have to get through to get something done.

Best of luck either way,
Allan

•••
I take my word back... PayPal must be crazy....

Adult or not, that is still a business transaction, its just that the majority of the society thinks that its a taboo to talk about it.

I personallu don't understand why you can't use PayPal to complete a transaction for an adult site.... if it was conflict of sales, then 2 years ago i was selling items on eBay and thebn now I deal with stuff in the hosting and internet sector with the same account. Would I get closed too?

thats plain unreasonable..... I think you should talk to someone that is at a higher position than a person at the support desk about this matter.

•••
I spoke with several different people and the one that told me was a supervisor.

•••
have they told you about the action that they would take? Or are they going to just take all your money in it?

•••
I just so happened to have transfered my money to my back account so I did not have any there, but they said that they are closing my account and if I had any funds that they could be held for 180 days!!!

•••
Is this because you sold adult material on eBay or could PayPal also close your account if you registered a domain name using your PayPal account? If so, I would imagine a few
Namepro members could be in jeopardy.

•••
I doubt they could get you for registering an adult domain name.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back