IT.COM

If you are not using Epik.com for escrow, you are wasting time and money!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
Special Program for NamePros members only: Process your escrow transaction via Epik.com using bank transfer or major crypto, with a domain name registered at Epik.com and we'll waive the escrow fee completely! No escrow fee. No cashout fee. No kidding.

NamePros members are switching to Epik.com for Domain Name Escrow. Here's why:

- Lowest Fees: NamePros members pay no minimum fees. For domains registered at Epik.com, escrow is FREE when your buyer pays via bank transfer or major crypto. Otherwise, escrow is as low as 1.5%!

- Fast closing: Escrow transactions with domains registered at Epik, paid with major crypto or bank deposit can typically be closed within hours. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

- Secure Transactions: Epik.com is the only full-service escrow agent that is also a full-service accredited registrar. Transfer in and out within minutes. If a transaction is cancelled, your domain is not in limbo-land!

- Flexible payment solutions: Pay or get paid via wire transfer, ACH, major crypto, credit card, PayPal, Transferwise or Western Union. We support all major currencies, domain swaps and scheduled payments.

There has never been a better time to move your domains to Epik.com and to choose our integrated solutions for domain marketplace and escrow services.

To get started on your escrow transaction, simply go here:

https://www.epik.com/services/escrow/

To discuss your portfolio or escrow transaction, contact us at [email protected], visit us Epik.com or phone us at +1.425-366-8810 or US toll-free at +1.888-894-9026.

upload_2019-1-18_8-38-1.png

This is a sponsored post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
From Study.com:

"Lawyers are qualified to practice any area of law once they graduate law school and pass the bar exam. However, many choose to specialize in limited areas of law. By specializing, they can develop expertise that makes them more effective in their chosen areas of law than general practice attorneys. Different specialties have unique requirements that play a significant role in the way a legal case is handled."

I believe your quote actually favored my argument lol. Thanks for agreeing. Unlike medicine, where to specialize you need to complete a residency, there are no "residencies" in law, except for, im sure, certain fields. Tax is not one of them.

•••
I believe your quote actually favored my argument lol. Thanks for agreeing. Unlike medicine, where to specialize you need to complete a residency, there are no "residencies" in law, except for, im sure, certain fields. Tax is not one of them.
Oh, I don't agree as you misstated.

I would much rather have Mr. Berryhill defending my domain than a Tax attorney. He is an authoritative figure with a unique and qualified specialty in the domain space.

•••
Having read the posts of @Rob Monster in threads related to escrow services etc, I was really expecting someone would actually raise the escrow license question and it is no wonder it came from the leader in this area Escrow.com @Jackson Elsegood . I do see it as a relevant question but I believe the obvious answer is there for all to see.

Domainers like hassle free way to sell and I believe Epik is doing just that, however, the question will still be raised since concerns like licensed and insured are important things to address. Speaking of escrow, what is the difference between what Epik is doing and say @namesilo or godaddy @Joe Styler ? Are these companies licensed escrow providers to collect money and be intermediary between seller and buyer?

Or are they not holding the money but using a third party holding it for them? How about Flippa Escrow? Is it licensed or do they use another payment provider. I do remember they used promisepay aka assembly payments before but not sure now.

•••
Oh, I don't agree as you misstated.

I would much rather have Mr. Berryhill defending my domain than a Tax attorney. He is an authoritative figure with a unique and qualified specialty in the domain space.

In representing domain owners, no doubt the question of tax implications arose. So he's had to deal with them too. I'm pretty sure anyone who retains him for domain-related legal matters would feel comfortable asking him domain-related tax questions.

It makes no sense going to a tax lawyer for domain-related questions, rather than asking your domain lawyer.

I would feel comfortable with relying on his legal tax advice for domains ^_^.

•••
Who owns this Epik? Its Chinese company?

We are Seattle-based, privately-held:

https://www.epik.com/about/

Epik registrar (aka Epik.com) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Epik Holdings Inc. in operation since 2009 and accredited by ICANN as a registrar since 2011. The company is privately held, and majority owned by the Founder and CEO, Rob Monster. There is one class of shares. Epik has no Chinese investors though we don't have an issue with them.

•••
Having read the posts of @Rob Monster in threads related to escrow services etc, I was really expecting someone would actually raise the escrow license question and it is no wonder it came from the leader in this area Escrow.com @Jackson Elsegood . I do see it as a relevant question but I believe the obvious answer is there for all to see.

Domainers like hassle free way to sell and I believe Epik is doing just that, however, the question will still be raised since concerns like licensed and insured are important things to address. Speaking of escrow, what is the difference between what Epik is doing and say @namesilo or godaddy @Joe Styler ? Are these companies licensed escrow providers to collect money and be intermediary between seller and buyer?

Or are they not holding the money but using a third party holding it for them? How about Flippa Escrow? Is it licensed or do they use another payment provider. I do remember they used promisepay aka assembly payments before but not sure now.
Due to the fact that I have researched this subject extensively, some time ago, I will state some opinions on escrow license. This reply will not include the separate tax conversation of prior that is not relevant to this thread. Again this is in regards to ESCROW licensing.

1.Internet domains are a contractural agreement and not bound to the existing requirements for escrow licensing. You can't touch or hold an internet domain like you can "personal property" or "real property" that is bound to escrow licensing.

2. The funds exchanged are not applicable to escrow licensing. Funds can be held by a merchant without delivering a product or service instantly. These funds are protected by existing trade, consumer and criminal laws as well as merchant account agreements.

As an example, a custom furniture maker may collect funds prior to manufacturing and delivering a product. There is no need for an escrow license as the funds are protected by existing laws and agreements.

In regards to ESCROW licensing, I look forward to hearing others opinions and interpretations.

•••

tbh, i think that Epik is marketing itself as an escrow service so that it can appeal to that industry, but in reality, it's not an escrow service.

I don't think eBay or Amazon are registered or licensed escrow agents. Yet they host products from sellers.. then take money from buyers... and then deliver the product.

Epik is doing just that. It's a marketplace. You can't undergo its "escrow service" unless the domain is at or transferred to Epik. As soon as the domain arrives at Epik, under YOUR account (and not an ESCROW Epik account), then it's per se, still your property and not in Epik's escrow.

Then when you put the BIN lander page up or go into negotiations with a buyer, the buyer pays the marketplace (Epik), and then the marketplace gives the buyer your product... so it's exactly like eBay and Amazon.

I could be wrong on this if Amazon and eBay are both required to be licensed escrow agents :D

but tbh, I think that's just how it is. Rob is catching heat for his marketing campaign... when in reality, he's just trying to say that his domain marketplace has a 0% commission and payout fee for NP members. And that's it ^_^.

•••
I think we really need to tear down payment walls, instead of building them up. Rob & Epik have constantly been on the leading edge of payment options, lease programs, forever domains, and you have to give him, and his company credit as they are innovators in this space which is not always easy.

This whole notion of escrow this that, whatever a payment processor, most cases the domain gets locked down for 60 days at epik to protect the transaction from chargeback, or what not, so it is all circumstantial. You guys can argue for years back, and forth, same thing happens in Washington, nobody gets anywhere.

At the end of the day, we want easier payment options for legitimate buyers, and sellers so transactions can run more smoothly. All this other talk is just circumstantial, we need to open the door for innovators, and not shut them out.

The more walls that get put up, the more aftermarket commissions you are going to end up paying 20-30% is really extreme for transactions that do not take up any physical space, or offline marketing.

•••
I think we really need to tear down payment walls, instead of building them up. Rob & Epik have constantly been on the leading edge of payment options, lease programs, forever domains, and you have to give him, and his company credit as they are innovators in this space which is not always easy.

This whole notion of escrow this that, whatever a payment processor, most cases the domain gets locked down for 60 days at epik to protect the transaction from chargeback, or what not, so it is all circumstantial. You guys can argue for years back, and forth, same thing happens in Washington, nobody gets anywhere.

At the end of the day, we want easier payment options for legitimate buyers, and sellers so transactions can run more smoothly. All this other talk is just circumstantial, we need to open the door for innovators, and not shut them out.

The more walls that get put up, the more aftermarket commissions you are going to end up paying 20-30% is really extreme for transactions that do not take up any physical space, or offline marketing.

yeah... it's hard enough to get a buyer to trust a domain marketplace, much less escrow. and when escrow companies start requiring IDs and passports LOL. Wtf, all this shiz just to buy an internet "property?" They don't have to give their licenses on Amazon ffs.

don't condemn Rob for trying to make life easier for domainers and buyers...

•••

If you like innovations from Epik, check out what is cooking with Unstoppable domains -- it combines a Forever domain with a free VPN client that will correctly route domains over a secure content delivery network that is DDOS protected. It is a one-time forever purchase and can't be censored. The consumer-friendly open standards VPN client is available from Anonymize.com, another Epik service.

The other thing worth noting this week is the news that came out on Covington Catholic. The whole unwinding of the official narrative was made possible by the existence of Alt-Tech. Most of the long videos were being removed by YouTube. Ultimately all was exposed and the media had to walk back their silly comments. Steven Crowder recaps but you can find plenty of others who did as well.

In Venezuela this week, many citizens have been cut off from Twitter but they can access Gab and pretty much all else using Epik's free proxy and free DNS resolver. This is Alt-Tech keeping free speech free so that people can be informed, not propagandized. This is technology for good. This is the Internet as it was intended. And more diversity is good for more domains. This is good for the domain business!

So, yes, Epik leads on innovation -- and not just financial. The future of domains is built on free speech and fair commerce. If you value these things, Epik is an efficient place to sell your domains and reinvest the proceeds if that suits your purpose. Or you can simply redeem and that is fine too. And yes, consult your financial advisors around what is right for your situation.

•••
If you like innovations from Epik, check out what is cooking with Unstoppable domains -- it combines a Forever domain with a free VPN client that will correctly route domains over a secure content delivery network that is DDOS protected. It is a one-time forever purchase and can't be censored. The consumer-friendly open standards VPN client is available from Anonymize.com, another Epik service.

The other thing worth noting this week is the news that came out on Covington Catholic. The whole unwinding of the official narrative was made possible by the existence of Alt-Tech. Most of the long videos were being removed by YouTube. Ultimately all was exposed and the media had to walk back their silly comments. Steven Crowder recaps but you can find plenty of others who did as well.

In Venezuela this week, many citizens have been cut off from Twitter but they can access Gab and pretty much all else using Epik's free proxy and free DNS resolver. This is Alt-Tech keeping free speech free so that people can be informed, not propagandized. This is technology for good. This is the Internet as it was intended. And more diversity is good for more domains. This is good for the domain business!

So, yes, Epik leads on innovation -- and not just financial. The future of domains is built on free speech and fair commerce. If you value these things, Epik is an efficient place to sell your domains and reinvest the proceeds if that suits your purpose. Or you can simply redeem and that is fine too. And yes, consult your financial advisors around what is right for your situation.
I’m trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. Your registry might be awesome but the escrow claims are a black eye, without answers to questions from @jberryhill.

•••
I’m trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. Your registry might be awesome but the escrow claims are a black eye, without answers to questions from @jberryhill.

Long story short, we are simply operating a private registrar and marketplace. We are not tax advisors and would always encourage sellers to get capable advisors, especially in the case of a large sale.

Every individual is unique. People should consult with their financial advisor. We are a trusted intermediary between buyer and seller that combines marketplace and registrar.

As for John, I am definitely not avoiding him. In fact, I called his office earlier today and I am hoping to meet with him at NamesCon as we will both be there.

Although John did not return my call today he stated on the record that he does not work for Escrow.com.

upload_2019-1-25_17-44-6.png

In the meantime, you will forgive me for not commenting on the record about this topic.

•••
Although John did not return my call today he stated on the record that he does not work for Escrow.com.

Show attachment 108222

When you say "on the record" here, do you mean in an email? You appear to be reporting an email here - do you have consent to publish what would otherwise normally be a private communication?

Perhaps it did continue to say that info could be shared with anyone - certainly he has raised some important issues and facts about Escrow.com in another thread, the CQD thread I think.

•••
•••
I've been on the domain market for over 20 years now, many, but many of the biggest domain companies disappointed me... I even lost good $xx,xxx++ due to the failures of some of these.

If it's really a regulated escrow or not is something that on my day by day business hasn't affected me at all, the domain marketplace can easily replace that for me. I understand the discussion here, I leave that to the intervenients, but on reality that doesn't help me keep my business going.

I can tell that until this date Epik has been a quality exception on terms of reliability and support, and Rob is the most responsive CEO I've seen on this industry... always quick to reply to my emails, and I mean minutes or a couple hours at best.

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
@Jackson Elsegood
You collected payment 10 days ago on one of my financed deals and still haven’t disbursed funds to me. Multiple emails with your rep, Lee, and no progress.

This is why people look to do business elsewhere. Your company can be licensed 6 ways to Sunday but without proper service customers will move on. Food for thought...

See @Haris . They almost legit stole $2,000 from him. "Licensed".

•••
•••
What is the escrow procedure if a domain name is registered with a different registrar (not epik)? Should i transfer this domain to epik first? Or it's like a standard escrow (i transfer domain to buyer's registrar from my registrar)?

•••
What is the escrow procedure if a domain name is registered with a different registrar (not epik)? Should i transfer this domain to epik first? Or it's like a standard escrow (i transfer domain to buyer's registrar from my registrar)?

It will cheapest if you transfer the domain to Epik first, or at the start of the transaction. That said, if you have a confirmed buyer ready to complete the transaction, simply go here:

Concurrent with your buyer funding their account, you can start your transfer into Epik. This is not a requirement but it will get you the lowest escrow fees. It works either way.

•••
It will cheapest if you transfer the domain to Epik first, or at the start of the transaction
Thanks, i will try epik for sure, but for now i have no domains there.

Let's consider this scenario: buyer wants his domain to be transferred to his registrar (not epik), and the domain name is currently registered with a different registrar(not epik). If i transfer domain to epik first, then 60 days lock will apply, and i would not be able to transfer this name to the buyer's registrar.

So, could i opt-out the 60 days lock when transferring domain to epik?
Or, could i use epik escrow without transferring domain to epik (like a ordinary escrow, transferring domain from my registrar to the buyer's registrar)?

•••
Yes, you can use Epik in either case to clear that transaction. If the buyer funds via bank transfer or major crypto, we actually would not enforce the 60 day transfer lock.

At the end of the day, the main reason to even have a 60 day lock is to prevent fraud. Here are some practical ways that a seller can reassure us that there won't be fraud:

1. Have domains at Epik. You don't have to bring them all but enough for us to know that you are not selling some crap domain to a fake buyer and hoping we don't catch you before the credit card chargeback.

2. Build a relationship / Have a reputation -- We are happy to get to know our customers. If someone has been on NamePros for years and is a known seller, they are likely quality people.

3. Hold proceeds at Epik -- if you sell a domain and hold some or all of the proceeds at Epik with the intention of registering or transferring domains, that is reassuring to us.

As folks who have worked with us, we are fast, fair, and flexible. Just request a quote and see how it works out:

I am pretty sure that anyone who tries it will be impressed. Full service. No nonsense.

•••
I appreciate innovation as much as anyone else.
Domain Names are going to have to go thru a long process of Legitimization
before people can buy them ( from me ) in their IRA's and 401k's - like crypto -
and innovations like Forever Registration ( an Epik exclusive ? ) sure do help.
But I do business with a registrar for one Main REASON :
to register Domain Names and to renew the registrations of my Domain Names.
Since this cost/expense can be a huge element in figuring my OverHead,
I must seek out every competitive advantage - and Cost of Registration/Renewal
is the Main OVERHEAD when it comes to holding mass quantities of Domains.
( "Possession is eleven points of the law - and there are but twelve." - scots )
So I start transferring the first of many hundreds of names to Epik because
Epik has the lowest cost to renew dot com domain names.
( And I never knew a major pain in the bun until I started transferring names ! )
Now recently I see Epik have raised their dot com renewal price from under $9.00

to $35.00 THIRTY_FIVE DOLLARS ! ! !

not 50%

Not 100%

NOT 200%

BUT FOUR TIMES THE PRICE

but I guess U get to do that @Rob Monster, U r a registrar

bun U r not gonna rob dis monsta

Cheers !

•••
before people can buy them ( from me ) in their IRA's and 401k's - like crypto -
( "Possession is eleven points of the law - and there are but twelve." - scots )
( And I never knew a major pain in the bun until I started transferring names ! )
Now recently I see Epik have raised their dot com renewal price from under $9.00

not 50%

Not 100%

NOT 200%

BUT FOUR TIMES THE PRICE

Cheers !
Just email him, he will code your account as an industry user. Very simple, case closed.

They sell forever domains for $399, if your an end user not a bad peace of mind idea.

•••

not 50%

Not 100%

NOT 200%

BUT FOUR TIMES THE PRICE

Cheers !

That's not the domainer pricing, ask and you shall receive.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back