IT.COM

If you are not using Epik.com for escrow, you are wasting time and money!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
Special Program for NamePros members only: Process your escrow transaction via Epik.com using bank transfer or major crypto, with a domain name registered at Epik.com and we'll waive the escrow fee completely! No escrow fee. No cashout fee. No kidding.

NamePros members are switching to Epik.com for Domain Name Escrow. Here's why:

- Lowest Fees: NamePros members pay no minimum fees. For domains registered at Epik.com, escrow is FREE when your buyer pays via bank transfer or major crypto. Otherwise, escrow is as low as 1.5%!

- Fast closing: Escrow transactions with domains registered at Epik, paid with major crypto or bank deposit can typically be closed within hours. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

- Secure Transactions: Epik.com is the only full-service escrow agent that is also a full-service accredited registrar. Transfer in and out within minutes. If a transaction is cancelled, your domain is not in limbo-land!

- Flexible payment solutions: Pay or get paid via wire transfer, ACH, major crypto, credit card, PayPal, Transferwise or Western Union. We support all major currencies, domain swaps and scheduled payments.

There has never been a better time to move your domains to Epik.com and to choose our integrated solutions for domain marketplace and escrow services.

To get started on your escrow transaction, simply go here:

https://www.epik.com/services/escrow/

To discuss your portfolio or escrow transaction, contact us at [email protected], visit us Epik.com or phone us at +1.425-366-8810 or US toll-free at +1.888-894-9026.

upload_2019-1-18_8-38-1.png

This is a sponsored post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just finished a domain name sale (lower end of $XX,XXX). After Escrow.com couldn't do it because the buyer was in Asia and they seemed couldn't transfer money to Escrow.com (which I used in the past) I searched for an alternative.
And I found Epik.com. I knew about them as registrar since over 10 years but never used for escrow.
The process went as smooth as possible, for me as seller but also for the buyer. Rob Monster was very prompt in addressing everything I asked and very fast in responding on email as well.
I don't see any reason others wouldn't use Epik escrow service. Hope they maintain the same level of service in the future too.

•••
Had a good experience in using Epik's escrow service for the 1st time yesterday. Me and other NP member concluded a deal and Rob ensured that the escrow was free for NP members. Smooth transaction, domain instantly received. Thanks Epik.

•••
I have used Epik escrow first time for selling 2 domains recently. One was for $3.5k and another one was for $6k. Now it's been 7 days since first payout request of $3.5k and 5 days since 2nd payout request of $5.7k from Masterbucks but I haven't received any payouts yet. I understand there could be delay for fraud check but when buyer pays via non fraudulent payment systems like Paypal FNF and bank wire it shouldn't take this long to send payout to sellers. I love Rob and his vision but as a registrar Epik need to be more professional. Their live chat support needs more knowledgeable person. Last few times I chatted with their live chat as far as I recall my experience was not good, more recent chat was yesterday when support stuff told me to wait "one sec" and after probably an hour disappeared.

I have currently 381 domains at Epik and at this point I am unsure if I am going to stay with Epik.

Last edited:
•••
I have used Epik escrow first time for selling 2 domains recently. One was for $3.5k and another one was for $6k. Now it's been 7 days since first payout request of $3.5k and 5 days since 2nd payout request of $5.7k from Masterbucks but I haven't received any payouts yet. I understand there could be delay for fraud check but when buyer pays via non fraudulent payment systems like Paypal FNF and bank wire it shouldn't take this long to send payout to sellers. I love Rob and his vision but as a registrar Epik need to be more professional. Their live chat support needs more knowledgeable person. Last few times I chatted with their live chat as far as I recall my experience was not good, more recent chat was yesterday when support stuff told me to wait "one sec" and after probably an hour disappeared.

I have currently 381 domains at Epik and at this point I am unsure if I am going to stay with Epik.

I apologize for this inconvenience.

Your answer has been heard and is now in the process of being resolved (really).

You will receive the payment "as soon as possible".

Last edited:
•••
but I haven't received any payouts yet. I understand there could be delay for fraud check but when buyer pays via non fraudulent payment systems like Paypal FNF and bank wire it shouldn't take this long to send payout to sellers.

Did you fill out the forms in Masterbucks appropriate to the way to you want to withdraw your money?
For example I filled out the withdraw using ACH but I gave a wrong routing number so the money came (just a small amount for testing) but were returned by the bank (I was not notified by the bank). Then I called the bank they told me what routing number to use and they I put the right routing number. And then I contacted Rob by email and he took care of this.

•••

You chose PayPal as a redemption method, which is typically a method used for redeeming smaller amounts. For larger amounts, we typically use money transmitters.

If the redemption amount is more than the PayPal balance at that moment then PayPal processes it as an eCheck which takes a week.

I did process it manually for you now. Otherwise it would have gone out on Monday morning as the PayPal balance did rise.

We are working on releasing Masterbucks 2.0 this month. We are also planning to add a tracking tool for showing you the status of your disbursement request.

In the meantime, I do recommend you to verify your account. It will allow you to bypass fraud review. You can do it here:

https://registrar.epik.com/account/verification/

I recommend it as you did not do that step yet and are transacting with escrow transactions where we actually certify the transaction.

In case you are not aware, this means that if you transaction turns out to be fraud, it is Epik that absorbs that loss, not you or your buyer in this case.

As for reducing domains at Epik, I don't advise it. People with small accounts who are unverified are the ones that are the highest security risk.

I believe you are in Bangladesh. We just added a talented country manager there @Siful Moni who is doing great work and helping many Bengalis solve local payment issues as most there are unbanked or underbanked. You should connect with him as you are clearly having some massive success selling domains for high prices -- higher than I would expect for these names.

Just FYI, as you were writing this email, I was spending an hour on a conference call on Sunday with our country manager in India, talking about empowerment strategies as your country's banking system falters.

For those not aware, last week, India's Yes bank failed. People are now capped at monthly withdrawals of just $670 (50K INR). This may happen more often in the coming months.

Rest assured that Epik's Masterbucks is part of the solution to help domainers navigate the storm that we are entering, along with NameLiquidate.com and the forthcoming DomainEquity.

For those who don't know about DomainEquity, here is a preview:

https://www.loom.com/share/7d549a62be354c17953adbdbcdaf17d8

Hope that helps. If you still have payment issues, feel free to PM me but kindly upload your verification documents since you are transacting in material amounts and I don't know you personally.

Last edited:
•••
Since
the single highest concentration of domain fraud by far is coming from India
- why is Epik bullish about India? If there is frequent fraud - then it may affect all customers, directly or indirectly. A customer should be sure that his preferred escrow/registrar/marketplaces is stable, profitable and, therefore, 100% operational in any given moment. So... ?

•••
Since

- why is Epik bullish about India? If there is frequent fraud - then it may affect all customers, directly or indirectly. A customer should be sure that his preferred escrow/registrar/marketplaces is stable, profitable and, therefore, 100% operational in any given moment. So... ?

India is a large market in our domain world. We can 't exclude India for this.

•••
Since

Why? Because we believe the bad judgement of a few should not taint the potential for all. It is the same reason we are bullish on Nigeria. Most of the folks we meet in this industry are great and by working with the domain forums, we also create a social fabric around being good citizens. I think it is working.

•••
You chose PayPal as a redemption method, which is typically a method used for redeeming smaller amounts. For larger amounts, we typically use money transmitters.

If the redemption amount is more than the PayPal balance at that moment then PayPal processes it as an eCheck which takes a week.

I did process it manually for you now. Otherwise it would have gone out on Monday morning as the PayPal balance did rise.

We are working on releasing Masterbucks 2.0 this month. We are also planning to add a tracking tool for showing you the status of your disbursement request.

In the meantime, I do recommend you to verify your account. It will allow you to bypass fraud review. You can do it here:

https://registrar.epik.com/account/verification/

I recommend it as you did not do that step yet and are transacting with escrow transactions where we actually certify the transaction.

In case you are not aware, this means that if you transaction turns out to be fraud, it is Epik that absorbs that loss, not you or your buyer in this case.

As for reducing domains at Epik, I don't advise it. People with small accounts who are unverified are the ones that are the highest security risk.

Like it or not, the single highest concentration of domain fraud by far is coming from India. Nevertheless we are bullish about India, setting up an Indian PVT and already accredited by NIXI.

As you were writing this email, I was spending an hour on a conference call on Sunday with our country manager in India, talking about empowerment strategies as your country's banking system falters.

For those not aware, last week, India's Yes bank failed. People are now capped at monthly withdrawals of just $670 (50K INR). This may happen more often in the coming months.

Rest assured that Epik's Masterbucks is part of the solution to help domainers navigate the storm that we are entering, along with NameLiquidate.com and the forthcoming DomainEquity.

For those who don't know about DomainEquity, here is a preview:

https://www.loom.com/share/7d549a62be354c17953adbdbcdaf17d8

Hope that helps. If you still have payment issues, feel free to PM me but kindly upload your verification documents since you are transacting in material amounts and I don't know you personally.

Thanks for your reply Rob. Trust me I read all epik escrow reviews on Namepros and I didn't see it anywhere that seller needs to be verified in order to get payouts faster.

Also as I mentioned earlier my buyers used Paypal FNF and Wire transfer so was there any chance these transactions to be turned out as fraud?

And sorry I didn't understand what you said all those about India, In case you thought I am from India, I am not.

Thanks again for sending me first payout in your busy weekend schedule which I just received some times ago. Hopefully will receive 2nd one soon too when bank opens.

•••
Thanks for your reply Rob. Trust me I read all epik escrow reviews on Namepros and I didn't see it anywhere that seller needs to be verified in order to get payouts faster.

Also as I mentioned earlier my buyers used Paypal FNF and Wire transfer so was there any chance these transactions to be turned out as fraud?

And sorry I didn't understand what you said all those about India, In case you thought I am from India, I am not.

Thanks again for sending me first payout in your busy weekend schedule which I just received some times ago. Hopefully will receive 2nd one soon too when bank opens.

No, I know you are from Bangladesh. I mentioned it in the post where I also introduce our new country manager, @Siful Moni who I hope connects with you.

As for this second transaction, you sold a 2 word domain that I would appraise for not much for an impressive $6000. It was a lucky sale as the name correlates to a failed startup.

And I am quite sure that we paid out faster than Escrow.com would on their best days. In the meantime, the funds were instantly available as Masterbucks from your Epik account.

When funds are disbursed to an unverified user we are past the point of no return for recovering funds if there turns out to be a problem.

Lastly, we are working to scale up our team. We grew 96% in 2019 and were projecting to grow 3X in 2020. Corona might slow that a bit but the growth is there.

•••
India is a large market in our domain world. We can 't exclude India for this.
Yeah. There is no need to close Indian accounts 100%, or any accounts based on the country of origin. It makes no business sense. Or, we will have another escrow .com! I'm basically wondering why would non-India based Epik develop and pay attention to a market with high fraud rate. Instead of simply accepting customers case-by-case from such a geo region.

•••
No, I know you are from Bangladesh. I mentioned it in the post where I also introduce our new country manager, @Siful Moni who I hope connects with you.

As for this second transaction, you sold a 2 word domain that I would appraise for not much for an impressive $6000. It was a lucky sale as the name correlates to a failed startup.

And I am quite sure that we paid out faster than Escrow.com would on their best days. In the meantime, the funds were instantly available as Masterbucks from your Epik account.

When funds are disbursed to an unverified user we are past the point of no return for recovering funds if there turns out to be a problem.

Lastly, we are working to scale up our team. We grew 96% in 2019 and were projecting to grow 3X in 2020. Corona might slow that a bit but the growth is there.

Why would your appraisal matter to me? When since Epik starting to appraise domain names? Lucky sale? You would be amazed to see my 2020 sales so far, just 2 of which I completed on Epik escrow for test purpose.

You also gave this kind of unnecessary appraisal comments here when another user complained about delayed payout. You shouldn't do this kind of comments. in one thread you say shoot for the moon and in another thread you appraise a domain and say I got a lucky sale.

Last edited:
•••
Had another great escrow transaction at Epik.com last week. The title of this thread says it all. Thanks to @Rob Monster and everybody else at Epik. Raising the bar for the industry.

•••
Yeah. There is no need to close Indian accounts 100%, or any accounts based on the country of origin. It makes no business sense. Or, we will have another escrow .com! I'm basically wondering why would non-India based Epik develop and pay attention to a market with high fraud rate. Instead of simply accepting customers case-by-case from such a geo region.

Personally, I do not understand how the domain market works in India. But that's the point. Create services that do not involve fraud.

•••
Why would your appraisal matter to me? When since Epik starting to appraise domain names? Lucky sale? You would be amazed to see my 2020 sales so far, just 2 of which I completed on Epik escrow for test purpose.

You also gave this kind of unnecessary appraisal comments here when another user complained about delayed payout. You shouldn't do this kind of comments. in one thread you say shoot for the moon and in another thread you appraise a domain and say I got a lucky sale.

@Siful Moni is going to call you in lieu of ID verification requirement.

As for the feedback, duly noted.

You could have avoided this by just sending a PM to check in on the status of your transaction. However, by engaging in a public debate about our fraud mitigation practices, I am forced to add context.

In the meantime, absolutely keep shooting the moon. From what I can tell, you are doing it well.

•••

That's it.

And you and I have spoken on the phone. For the customers who do significant business, especially in crypto, I really appreciate the personal connection.

The challenge is to scale that model of relationship-based domain banking.

To this end, we are finalizing the establishment of an executive committee with regional Directors and VPs who will know their customers and onboard country managers who will do the same.

This was already in progress. The craziness caused by Corona is just accelerating our timetable by a few weeks, and increased the urgency of launching Masterbucks 2.0.

•••
And you and I have spoken on the phone. For the customers who do significant business

Even though my business @ Epik is, at this time, too far from being significant in any aspect. I enjoyed our conversation :). Thanks Rob. Yes, personal connections always matter.

Edited: posted an extra question here, but noticed that we're in escrow thread. Reposted it in Epik Experience discussion...

Last edited:
•••
Closed my first sale using Epik escrow. Everything was smooth and fast. It was no-fee transaction which was great.

We really need extended functionality of Masterbucks. Sending MB between MB accounts would be great, or, even better, MB debit card - genial idea proposed a bit earlier by NP member.

•••
Closed my first sale using Epik escrow. Everything was smooth and fast. It was no-fee transaction which was great.

We really need extended functionality of Masterbucks. Sending MB between MB accounts would be great, or, even better, MB debit card - genial idea proposed a bit earlier by NP member.

Verified persons can be approved to send MB to other users. It works already.

•••
ok i am not all too familiar with epik escrow, although I used it couple times with no issues and quick payout.. however, it was a while ago and I think there were some changes and specials added for np members. so my questions are

1- for @Rob Monster what is masterbucks 2.0 and how is it better and different?

2- for everyone I guess.. can someone familiar with both explain in fair detail which is better and why and how differ from each other: the escrow from dan.com via ADD LEAD (5% total fee, btc payout also)... vs epik escrow.... what is faster.. what is better.. what is pricier.

ty
cheers

•••
I cant wait to try it. I'm thinking of integrating the service into my setup. Hearing great things about Epik escrow service.

•••
I cant wait to try it. I'm thinking of integrating the service into my setup. Hearing great things about Epik escrow service.

I have used them twice now on 4 figure .ca transactions. Epik Escrow is fantastic with super fast support.

•••
I have used them twice now on 4 figure .ca transactions. Epik Escrow is fantastic with super fast support.
Thanks for that!

•••
Are the FEES with Epik escrow similar to Escrow.com?

I used Escrow.com in the past because the fees were lower than other options.

But if Epik's fees are comparable, I would be inclined to imbibe, as they say in Las Vegas.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back