IT.COM

domain If CryptoRate.com = $99,888, what is the value of TheCryptoRate.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

thevictor

Established Member
Impact
Curious to hear some opinions on this one. Thanks in advance!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is actually a great thread I've always wondered the same thing.
It goes for these also:
KryptoRate.com=?
CriptoRate.com=?
I am thinking long term they might be valuable due to the fact Crypto is a TM. If they ever put a stop to websites using their name and hurting their Brand then the only alternative would be ?

Are we talking about some coin called that with a market cap of $112K? lol
It would be pretty hard to claim crypto as a TM at this point. It clearly has a generic use.

Brad

•••
Are we talking about some coin called that with a market cap of $112K? lol
It would be pretty hard to claim crypto as a TM at this point. It clearly has a generic use.

Brad
I totally agree with you. But it is TM. Very hard to enforce if not impossible. I've just heard people talking about TM coin names ie. TopCoin, NextCoin, etc.. What do you think Crypto would do if someone was using their name and hurting their brand though? Would they send a cease and desist notice or just let them continue?

•••
I totally agree with you. But it is TM. Very hard to enforce if not impossible. I've just heard people talking about TM coin names ie. TopCoin, NextCoin, etc.. What do you think Crypto would do if someone was using their name and hurting their brand though? Would they send a cease and desist notice or just let them continue?

They took a generic term that already existed and created a crytocurrency called that.
That is like a company creating a craft beer called Craft Beer. It is not enforceable.

When it comes to a generic term, for a generic use, it requires a very high bar to establish a secondary meaning. Right now this is a non-existent brand in reality. The entire market cap is 12 bitcoins or $101K.

I would not be worried at all about this.

Brad

•••
If anyone else has any input on this one please feel free to share.

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back