IT.COM

domain If CryptoRate.com = $99,888, what is the value of TheCryptoRate.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

thevictor

Established Member
Impact
Curious to hear some opinions on this one. Thanks in advance!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
where did you hear of the sale? source link?

anything goes in crypto world as we saw.. but I personally do not like thecryptorate.com
or most other the+crypto+kw.com domains...... as far as I remember nambio doesn't like thme much either.

cheers

•••
where did you hear of the sale? source link?

anything goes in crypto world as we saw.. but I personally do not like thecryptorate.com
or most other the+crypto+kw.com domains...... as far as I remember nambio doesn't like thme much either.

cheers

https://namebio.com/?s==IDNyMTN2YTM

•••

thanks mate. no wonder this confused me ;)
its a 3 month old sale :)

but I see now yoru thread is not as much to report a new sale in crypto world.. but to appraise thecryptorate.com

im just so used to people now posting newly made big crypto sales.. thought this was one of them.

my bad

gl

•••
haha all good. You bring up a good point. Maybe I should rephrase the title.

•••
If x=99,888, what is the value of y?

•••
If X=99,888 and Y=TheX, what is the value of Y? Discuss.

Tokens.com = $500,000 thetoken.com = $10,000
Slots.com =$5,500,000 TheSlots.com = $5,306
Blockchain.com =?? TheBlockChain.com = $15,000

Y= aX, where a is between 0.001 and 0.02.

Note: Potential for false equivalence due to plurals and time between sales.

•••
•••
Not much. I don't think just adding "The" to some term that sold in .COM gives it much value.

Brad

•••
Not much. I don't think just adding "The" to some term that sold in .COM gives it much value.

Brad
Not that it matters, but for the record, I regged this before the cryptorate sold.

•••
Personally like the plural better, so TheCryptoRates would've been more attractive.

Hence the reason why I opted for CryptoRates.io for my personal portfolio.

Either way, I have to agree that the value is limited.

•••
If X=99,888 and Y=TheX, what is the value of Y? Discuss.

Tokens.com = $500,000 thetoken.com = $10,000
Slots.com =$5,500,000 TheSlots.com = $5,306
Blockchain.com =?? TheBlockChain.com = $15,000

Y= aX, where a is between 0.001 and 0.02.

Note: Potential for false equivalence due to plurals and time between sales.

Thank you for this :xf.grin:

So basically, somewhere between $100-$2000?

•••
Personally like the plural better, so TheCryptoRates would've been more attractive.

Hence the reason why I opted for CryptoRates.io for my personal portfolio.

Either way, I have to agree that the value is limited.
There are more recorded sales with the singular 'rate" which is why I picked it versus the plural.

•••
Thank you for this :xf.grin:

So basically, somewhere between $100-$2000?

Yeah:xf.grin:..calc not completely thorough but reseller toward min, end user towards max.

•••
I'd go with @Keith on this, $0. Also if it's going to start with a "The" then it should at most a two word domain, unless it's a well known term. Put a BIN of $350 and let it sit for the remainder of the registration period. If it doesn't sell, drop it.

•••
I'd go with @Keith on this, $0. Also if it's going to start with a "The" then it should at most a two word domain, unless it's a well known term. Put a BIN of $350 and let it sit for the remainder of the registration period. If it doesn't sell, drop it.
Thank you for your thoughts!

•••
An interesting question that @thevictor has posted. I was about to try to find some comparable pairs, and see that @CarlosJay has already done it (although emphasize his caveat re different times, etc.).

To me it is hard to have a rule, and sometimes placing The is more natural and possibly adds distinction, and other times it is a distraction and harms value. I would not be as negative as those that say $0 for this name, but in general here I see adding The really weakens the name, mainly because there is not one crypto rate, so saying THE crypto rate seems inappropriate.

I see that GoValue suggests about $1300 (vs >$25,000 for the name without the). I would say high $$$ maybe for with The, but probably hard to find a seller, but in TheCryptoCraze who knows! :xf.smile:

•••
Crypto Rate makes sense The Crypto Rate is something you name your boat. Best case scenario let them newbies overbidding in the aftermarkets, bid you up the low-mid $xxx range most likely. If you have two uneducated bidders even better.

•••
An interesting question that @thevictor has posted. I was about to try to find some comparable pairs, and see that @CarlosJay has already done it (although emphasize his caveat re different times, etc.).

To me it is hard to have a rule, and sometimes placing The is more natural and possibly adds distinction, and other times it is a distraction and harms value. I would not be as negative as those that say $0 for this name, but in general here I see adding The really weakens the name, mainly because there is not one crypto rate, so saying THE crypto rate seems inappropriate.

I see that GoValue suggests about $1300 (vs >$25,000 for the name without the). I would say high $$$ maybe for with The, but probably hard to find a seller, but in TheCryptoCraze who knows! :xf.smile:

Thanks @MetBob Thanks for not being negative :)

•••
Unless it's The Domain Blog ;)

Haha.

•••
Crypto Rate makes sense The Crypto Rate is something you name your boat. Best case scenario let them newbies overbidding in the aftermarkets, bid you up the low-mid $xxx range most likely. If you have two uneducated bidders even better.

Thank you @wwwweb Maybe one of the UAE royal family members will invest to compete with his cousin....or even name their boat/supermegayacht The Crypto Rate. I think that will only increase the value :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
So from what it sounds like, in most cases adding the "the" not only hurts the value of the domain name, but brings it down to $0 from $99,888.

If anyone else has any feedback please feel free to share.

•••
•••
So from what it sounds like, in most cases adding the "the" not only hurts the value of the domain name, but brings it down to $0 from $99,888.

If anyone else has any feedback please feel free to share.

The+Word has good value, most decent ones go for $xxxx wholesale and $xx,xxx retail. The+Word+Word need to be well known terms like "The Domain Blog" or "The Holy Bible" for example.

•••
This is actually a great thread I've always wondered the same thing.
It goes for these also:
KryptoRate.com=?
CriptoRate.com=?
I am thinking long term they might be valuable due to the fact Crypto is a TM. If they ever put a stop to websites using their name and hurting their Brand then the only alternative would be ?

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back