IDN Domain

Discussion in 'IDN and Emoji Domain Discussion' started by DefinitelyDomains, Jan 5, 2017.

Replies:
Views:

1. DefinitelyDomains

DefinitelyDomains Business Member Business Account VIP

Should I be weary of purchasing an IDN domain? Are there any implications?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. gotasale

gotasale Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

their time has not come yet. not many IDNs are developed. difficult to find buyers .
    but there are many premium IDNs that are making profits only from parking and they are still very very cheap to buy top premium ones.
    if you are multilingual you will find much fun and joy playing in this market

3. Avtar629

Avtar629 MarketDN.com Business Account VIP

If it's China idn.idn or keyword.idn?

They will ask you for scans of your

id
    drivers license
    passport
    business license id

4. usernamex

usernamex The goggles do nothing| VIP

or are they idn.TLD idn.ccTLD or idn.ngTLD?

What's the notation for idnTLD, technically they are ngTLD, would that make it idnngTLD?
    sounds like I'm being silly but I am actually curious : smile :

5. biggie

biggie Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

short answer, yes

if you don't know enough about them, then either educate yourself or stay away

imo....

6. wellmanneredsquirrel

wellmanneredsquirrel Established Member

Biggie is right, be careful and be sure you know what IDNs are before you invest. Ideally, register one and play with it before making a purchase.

Understand the punycode - unicode duality for starters, learn about IDNA2008. Be careful with variant in certain language. Registration policy also varies depending on the TLD. There are idn.ascii, ascii.idn , idn.idn. Sometimes and idn.ascii will give the right to and idn.idn etc. It's can be quite complex.

Also know that not all services will support IDNs in unicode (most services will support in punycode though), I mean by that hosting, advertising, etc. Nowadays most well known services like adwords and twitter support unicode IDNs, but the most important remaining one is email. Unicode IDN email is just beginning.

7. wellmanneredsquirrel

wellmanneredsquirrel Established Member

I just want to add something that may not be obvious for everyone.

When you buy and IDN (idn.whicheverTLD), the fact that you have an idn at the second level is risky. If you buy a new gTLD (whatever.newTLD) it is also risky in my opinion, by opposition to old TLDs like .org .com .net for which the renewal price and other policies are clear and controlled. Hence, and idn.newTLD is extra risky in my opinion.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!