Dynadot

One Stop IDN Solution

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I wonder if there is any registar which offer 'One Stop IDN Solution' ( I create it myself :D )
What I mean by 'One Stop IDN Solution' is a registar which allow you to registar any kind of IDN from all countries around the world.
Sorry if you think my question is so newbie, but I am a newbie. :)
GoDaddy seems to have many IDN but I can't find my country's DN (.com.my)
so is there any site with this 'One Stop IDN Solution'?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I didn't think Godaddy offered IDNs...
And not all registries accept IDN domains- the .uk registry does not allow anything other than basic ASCII for example.

Or do you mean all ccTLD extensions? i.e. .com.my .jp .fr .de .tv etc.
We have a registry in the UK that claims they offer all extensions- I think they're called Simply or EasySpace (one or the other), but their prices are extortionate on some of the extenstions.
I think local restrictions of some registries would make this too hard to implement.

•••
I think .com.my have no IDN. Just certain extensions got IDN.

•••
info,com,net,org,biz,jp,cn,tw,tv,at,pl,cc,ch,se,ac,io,sh,.fr and more.... not just certain extensions ;)

•••
At least not all, such as .com.my is no IDN for now.

•••
A .com.my or .com.sg is not IDN? I thought it was IDN.. this means IDN is only a .xx like .us? but .jp is not IDN?
I'm so confused.. I would be very thanksful if someone explain me about this,
Thanks

ps: I guess someone should move this to domain newbie and change the topic to "What is IDN" :D

•••
QuickGold said:
A .com.my or .com.sg is not IDN? I thought it was IDN.. this means IDN is only a .xx like .us? but .jp is not IDN?
I'm so confused.. I would be very thanksful if someone explain me about this,
Thanks

ps: I guess someone should move this to domain newbie and change the topic to "What is IDN" :D

Languages and extensions IDN (International Domain Name) is supported by:

Languages supported:

com/net All

org Danish German Hungarian Icelandic Korean Latvian Lithuanian Polish Swedish

info Danish German Hungarian Icelandic Korean Latvian Lithuanian Polish Swedish

biz Danish German Icelandic Norwegian Spanish Swedish

cn Chinese

The extensions are still in ASCII (English), but the URL itself is in a different language. An example would be:

دبي .net (Dubai.net in Arabic)

As you can see the URL is in Arabic, extension is in English.

دبي.net is the unicode... the punycode is: xn--ngbn6f . net

Either one of these URLs will get you to the website.

Edit: If you need some personal help regarding IDNs, just send me a message and I can do my best to help you.

Last edited:
•••
so IDN is like ĖûĹŖěĠ.com while .xxx.xx (ie: .com.my) are extension, am i right?
thanks anyway, rep added for the good info :)

•••
QuickGold said:
so IDN is like ?û????.com while .xxx.xx (ie: .com.my) are extension, am i right?
thanks anyway, rep added for the good info :)

That's right. IDN domains are ones that contain more symbols than just the arabic numerals, hyphens and latin letters without accents
e.g. café.com

Wikipedia has a list of extensions where IDN is allowed

•••
try domainsite.com - hey offer IDN in lots of extensions including .com and .net. The user control panel is also great.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back