NameSilo

ICA introduces new membership level

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nikul Sanghvi

hypernames.coVIP Member
Impact
The ICA recently introduced a new, lower membership tier - with the aim of expanding its membership base to a wider group of domain investors and registrants.

The new level of membership is $25/month or an annual membership fee of $300.

It includes access to ICA email alerts, webinars and other important industry updates from the ICA.
You'll get included in the ICA member directory (name only), receive a half-weighted vote in ICA Board Elections and be able to proudly display your support with an 'ICA Member' badge on your NamePros profile.

I joined the ICA because I know its an association that defends my rights as a domain investor.
Like many of you, I feel blessed to have stumbled into the world of domain names.
Domains have given me the flexibility to work from anywhere, and spend more time with my family throughout the year. For this, I’m truly thankful to so many people within the domain industry - especially those that defend my right to earn this income. Without everything they've done, I would not have had the same autonomy in many decisions that improve the quality of life.

The ICA is a uniting voice of people that care about the domain industry... a defending force, not just for the big-league domainers, but for part-time investors like me too.
As part of its activities, the team engage in policy making through numerous working groups - many of which are dominated by competing agendas of big multi-nationals. These processes and working groups are complex, politicised and require expertise beyond my capability.
The ICA works proactively to participate, build relationships, and represent domain name registrants across ICANN stakeholder groups.
I also don't have time to engage in them myself - so the next best thing I can do is support those who make the effort to stand up and fight on our behalf.

The new tier makes joining the ICA more affordable than ever. For many members at Namepros, $300 is less than we make from one small sale each year.
It's not possible to say where we'd be without those that defend our right to make a living from domains.
But it's not something I really want to imagine...

Support the ICA, however you can - a little or a lot - it all makes a difference.
Click here to find out more and to sign up: https://www.internetcommerce.org/join/

---

@Zak Muscovitch also joined the DNAcademy social back on April 17th. It's an excellent starting point to learn more about the ICA from it's lead counsel:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Domains have given me the flexibility to work from anywhere, and spend more time with my family throughout the year. For this, I’m truly thankful to so many people within the domain industry - especially those that defend my right to earn this income.

I can't agree more, Nikul Joining the ICA was already on my todo list and I immediately joined when the new membership tier was announced.

•••
Is ICA backing the booking.com trademark? That is important to know.

•••
•••
upload_2020-5-10_19-27-9.png

All done. It's great to know we're protected by organisations like this. Plus, a great chance to network and build professional relationships

•••
Is ICA backing the booking.com trademark? That is important to know.

I haven't read into this myself enough to form an opinion yet but I understand that the ICA's Zak Muscovitch and Andrew Alleman will be discussing the Booking.com case in a DNW.com podcast scheduled for release on Monday.

•••
•••
I believe it is still a lot and rules out many many people. I believe in a poll done by @equity78 , I called for $50 per year membership and many people agreed with that.

•••
I believe it is still a lot and rules out many many people. I believe in a poll done by @equity78 , I called for $50 per year membership and many people agreed with that.
Do they want more members or more money? I have seen all their membership levels. It's good that they have this new level but I wonder what it will give me apart from a badge. Booking.com trademark is an interesting point. I don't believe that this should be a trademark name.

Reduced membership fee for year 1 = more members. When we see the benefits of membership then we can pay an increased fee. I bet there really is none at this price for the little guy. High membership fees for domainers that make good money and are domain industry people with memberships paid by their companies are understandable as well.

Last edited:
•••
$300 per year To receive ICA email alerts, webinars and other important industry updates from the ICA.

Mmmm, We can get all this stuff for FREE on Namepros, DNjournal, TLD Investors, Domaining , Google ...

The Only best thing about ICA is the cool Badge That's you will get on NP. :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back