NameSilo

iBlock .com sold $50000. Lesson learned "Never underestimate the offer submitted by anyone."

Labeled as discuss in Domain Selling and Domain Sales, started by TERADOMAIN, Jun 4, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. TERADOMAIN

TERADOMAIN QualityNames.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Thank you. Glad to hear this story may be helpful to you in future.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. TERADOMAIN

Thanks. Agree with you.

3. TERADOMAIN

Thanks for sharing your view. Really appreciate it. We all learn from our past and try to improve with time for better future.

4. TERADOMAIN

Thanks for sharing your view. Really appreciate it.

Trade, upgrade , & repeat is my model. I do reinvest % of profit into different asset class.

Thanks

5. TERADOMAIN

Thanks

6. TERADOMAIN

i is one of the very great prefix without Apple. But yes Apple played big role to take them to next level. Recently majority of Apple’s new products they stopped using “i” as a prefix such as AirPods, Apple Watch instead of iWatch etc. but end of the day “i” is still far better option as a prefix than so many other letters.

For example:

iBlock is far better choice than BBLock / CBlock in Brandable zone.

Thanks

7. redemo

redemo Established Member

@blogspotter "Lesson of the day Always have your coffee before opening offers early in the morning". Best comment. Exactly what I's thinking. @TERADOMAIN Did you have your coffee before accepting this offer? Cheers for sharing mate.

8. TERADOMAIN

Thanks. No I did not. I just seen someone submitted $50K as their first offer. I accepted as is thinking it’s fake offer. 😂

9. efizi

efizi Established Member

Congratulations. I appreciate your sharing this sale and the lessons.
    I think if you had tried to negotiate instead of "accepting" the offer, you may have requested for some equity seeing that the name is worth six figures in my opinion. In face it think you could have even demanded for some equity and still sell for 50K. just saying......

10. MadAboutDomains

MadAboutDomains Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I've had a friend have a big offer fall through by asking for equity when they couldn't offer it. Not always a good idea, but I suppose a possibility.

@TERADOMAIN thanks for sharing your valuable insight, I'm always amazed at how you manage to do such great sales. You obviously have an eye for the right assets. Great work.

11. Devanos

Devanos Established Member

Congratulations
    I wish you continued success .

Best Regards
    ((Devanos))

12. Hui Siew Choong

Hui Siew Choong Established Member

Congratulations and Tq for sharing, I have had a few high offers from Dan but ended up all FAKE ones

13. VaibhavA

VaibhavA Top Contributor VIP

Many congratulations.

Great name.

Wish you more luck. (y)

14. 4better

4better Top Contributor VIP

Congrats and thank you for sharing. Yes, lesson learned. We'll both keep that in mind.

15. Jv1999

Jv1999 Wander Aimlessly: Redeemed Knight of the Exo-Tower VIP

Tbh, saying "I don't think it's Dan's fault" is kinda mean. And I understand that TERA is a huge successful domainer who has sold $xxx,xxx...

but it's not like this domain sold for $300 or $2,000... it sold for mid xx,xxx, literally :P. i'm pretty sure the acquisition cost is not as high, maybe not even over x,xxx. So it's still a large multiplier in terms of ROI...

I believe it's a good sail. Could've gone xxx,xxx for sure but that takes TERA-level skills and most of us would settle for high $xx,xxx... and some would've even sold for $17,000.

It's not DAN's fault at all. In fact, I applaud DAN because it was a legitimate buyer! If DAn had stricter filters, then this buyer would not be able to make an offer at all simply because he lived in such a countrY? What does that say about all our Nigerian domainers who complain about prejudice just because of their IP?

I believe DAn did the right thing here.

16. Visioner Studio

Visioner Studio Established Member

Thanks for sharing the story and the lesson. Although it's a pity to accept the offer incautiously, it's still good to see you honoring your commitment, ethics and morality. 👍

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  17. TauseefKhan

TauseefKhan Top Contributor VIP

Congratulations! Indeed undersold but you can reinvest same in the same type of assets which in the future yield more returns.

You lost one but can have multiple assets in the same category with this proceeds and make more in future.

18. YairDD

YairDD I'm cool, I think? VIP

"I accepted offer thinking if the offer is fake Dan will ban the buyer and he won't submit fake offers to someone in future."

Why would you think the offer is fake if you expect more than $50k for the name? also why would you accept an offer of $50k if you wanted more than that?
    No need to be sad about that, it seems like you didn't believe someone will offer $50k and this is why you accepted it immediately because deep inside you were probably scared you'll scare the buyer off if you'll send a counter-offer, otherwise you would've countered.

Anyway it's a great sale and you should be happy about it

19. TERADOMAIN

Thanks for sharing your view. But let me share my feelings with you. I do get many fake offers on Dan regularly in large amount. I started accepting them and relist the item immediately. So if they pay its good and if they don't they will get banned. I shared few more angles. I even shared I did received many low Five fig offers on it regularly. It was early morning and I accepted offer without giving extra thought. I do not share my sales regularly for a reason, but that does not mean I only sold those names which I shared publicly. If we talk about May I had $175K worth of sales. So $50K is not going to make or break anything in my life. Yes I do value each and every sales and I do value each and every penny. I only shared because I thought it may help someone not to underestimate anyone regardless of any size of offer. Someone may be real who may sounds like fake. That was the little lesson I wanted to share with everyone from where I learned many things over time. I am happy about any sale regardless of number because my uncle taught me "It's ok to regret after selling instead of hold something for long and regret later."

20. TERADOMAIN

Thinking about other options were over as soon as I accepted the offer. :xf.smile::xf.smile:

21. TERADOMAIN

Thanks dear friend. I am trying to improve myself by observing activities around us. Continuous improvement is way of life. I wish best of luck to you and many other friends here.

22. TERADOMAIN

Thanks for sharing your feelings with me. Really appreciate it.

23. TERADOMAIN

Thanks a lot dear friend. Yes DAN did fantastic job. It's some people who think they been submitting offers in their local currency. Dan did implemented some extra layers of confirmation to weed out the spam. End of the day fake stuff happens everywhere.

24. TERADOMAIN

I am very happy about the outcome. No regret. Just shared my feelings with all the friends here if something may be helpful to someone.

25. aelko

aelko .COM promos at tldes.com

Congratulations, thanks for the inspiring story.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice