NameSilo

iBlock .com sold $50000. Lesson learned "Never underestimate the offer submitted by anyone."

Labeled as discuss in Domain Selling and Domain Sales, started by TERADOMAIN, Jun 4, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. TERADOMAIN

TERADOMAIN QualityNames.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Thanks for your constant support. Really appreciate it.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. TERADOMAIN

Thanks. Glad to hear it may be helpful to you in future.

3. TERADOMAIN

Thanks. Dear friend you will understand more when you trade more stuff as buyer and/or seller. I am not regretting anything in life. I cherish everything. God is so kind to me. I am just sharing with other friends not to make same mistake I made. It's about sharing is caring.

4. TERADOMAIN

Thanks. Glad to hear.

5. TERADOMAIN

Thanks Abdulbasit bhai. You are gem of the person. I really cherish our friendship. I learn many things from you silently. I am your little fan. You do share many things with many friends which is very helpful. I share randomly. I will try to improve with time.

6. TERADOMAIN

Thanks.

My trading experience and little journey so far tells me I undersold due to the mistakes I shared in the thread. But deal is done and I am happy about it. No regret at all. I won't share exact purchase price but I got for $XXXX few years ago.

7. TERADOMAIN

Thanks

8. DomainNameFlow

DomainNameFlow Upgraded Member Gold Account

Congratulations!! Blockchain related domains are really valuables. Buyer got a really good deal. This domain could fetch probably 3 to 5 times or even more. But I like your ethical thinking and honesty.

9. TERADOMAIN

Thanks. Really appreciate your sharing of view.

10. Crysis

Crysis Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Congratulations. I think you did pretty well.

11. Avijit Roy

Avijit Roy Top Contributor VIP

Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

12. Skyvisum

Skyvisum Top Contributor VIP

Hiren,
    Always have respect for you in this business .You are a humble and honest investor. I have learned and still learning from you and so many others.
    I know that feeling of leaving too much money on the table, we learn and get better from the experience.

Thanks for sharing 👍.
    Wishing you more sales as always.

13. sharastar

sharastar Established Member

Congrats on this awesome domain sales @TERADOMAIN .

Your honesty and integrity would be a an great example for everyone to follow in our business dealings (y).

Also thanks for sharing your story of the this wonderful domain sale with us :xf.smile:.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  14. bruhne

bruhne Established Member

Maybe and hopefully it was just a blessing being bestowed upon the buyer. If that's the case, then you played a part in something more special than money. I dig it though. I hope you do to.

15. Brands.International

Brands.International Marek VIP

Well, this is what costed you $100 000+, in my opinion:
    • "I checked Country IP not looking promising"
    I have learned in my life never to underestimate any country/people/nation/nationality/etc...

There are, certainly, higher probabilities that someone from Norway or Monaco will pay on average much much more than someone from Uzbekistan or Tanzania .. but...

You do 99% of things very professionally, never let any bias cloud your judgment, and you will be 100%.

:)

16. oldtimer

oldtimer Do some good for humanity and the environment VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Congrats, getting 50k is better than some other domainers who let some nice domains go for 5k

Still I believe you sold this domain at its wholesale value which is perfectly fine since domainers buy and sell names at wholesale prices all the time,

but

if you have some other domains that are of the same caliber it probably would be a good idea for you (and everyone else) to categorize your portfolio so that you would know ahead of time which domains you are willing to let go at wholesale prices and which ones you want to hold onto in the hopes of extracting the most money from.

Categorizing the portfolio should be done ahead of time so that you'll know exactly how to respond to each offer when someone shows interest in your domains.

For some domains you might be better off by saying no to individual buyers and smaller businesses and wait for the right end user (big company with unlimited budget) to knock at your door.

IMO

17. Gro

Gro Top Contributor VIP

Great Sale! Congratulations. Thank you for sharing.

18. bookname

bookname Established Member

@TERADOMAIN you are my role model in domain investing world (y)(y)

19. Riz M.

Riz M. Founder @ Rooted.com Previously Empire Names VIP Gold Account

Congrats bro.. hence proved (i) plus keyword domains are not outdated if term is strong they still works :) some still believe i is old fashion but i think they still have potential if paired with correct keyword

20. Anil Tanwar

Anil Tanwar Established Member

21. johnn

johnn WeSellName.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Be happy and move one.
    Imagine what will you get if you list the name here in the $1 auction section?

22. TERADOMAIN

I am very happy dear friend.

Experience is our best teacher. We learn from either our own experience or somebody’s experience. I am ok to leave money on table and I did it on numerous occasions because one of my uncle taught me “It’s ok to regret after selling instead of holding something for long and regret later”. I just shared this story so other friends may learn something from it.

Thanks

23. TERADOMAIN

Thanks

24. TERADOMAIN

Thank You

25. TERADOMAIN

Thanks dear friend. We had many conversations in past. I am fortunate to have friends like you.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice