IT.COM

domain I would like some input on a dotcom's worth? - searchinggoogle.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

uniquelyme

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone,

This is a nice site, and some awesome domain names!! (glad I don't have extra cash laying around) LOL. (now I know who's been snatching all the names up).

I recently picked up another domain and was very surprised it was available... it may or may not be worth something. I have been certified as an SEO expert since 2007, and have in web development for 15+ years, so when I picked it up, my thoughts were to blog about "how to effectively search google". Or maybe SEO. But I simply do not have the time nor the desire to change directions right now. (currently buy bulk computers wholesale and reselling).

The domain name is: searchinggoogle.com

Any ideas on possible value?

Thanks,
uniquelyme

u

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Zero. Trademark Infringement. Get rid of it.

•••
^^ Agreed. Avoid domains with trademarks. Google is a big one.
Sometimes trademarks aren't obvious but in this case, it is.

•••
Zero. Trademark Infringement. Get rid of it.

Agree..

Very interesting that you are certified SEO expert and does not know about trademark infringement?? Google is not dictionary word. It was made up word. So there is no room in any category you can hide with this name.

•••
•••
I understand about trademarks, however, unless I am trying to be a competitor and make money off of their name, which was not at all in my thoughts, rather my thoughts were to post helpful info on helping the average person effectively search google... however, it has just sat there, and (I) was unsure what I wanted to do with it, - thus my signup here to get some professional advise and outside opinions. And I thank all of you for the input, And I am sure that I will get even more information by hanging out regularly.

LOL... ya know for a long time I couldn't understand how people could be web designers yet know nothing about SEO. But today, I understand it better... we live in a very complex, deep and broad information age, and none of us in the tech industry ever graduate, but at the same time, we can neither know it all... so we need each other. Thanks guys, youve been a great help.

•••
Agree..

Very interesting that you are certified SEO expert and does not know about trademark infringement?? Google is not dictionary word. It was made up word. So there is no room in any category you can hide with this name.
Google was sorta "made up" it actually is a play on "googol" which refers to the number represented by a 1 followed by 100 zeros.

•••
Definitely a trademark violation. Since your new I suggest you check this out. Read carefully and make sure you remember this the next time you think about registering a domain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_Domain-Name_Dispute-Resolution_Policy

Don't bother trying to sell this name, just get your money back...spend some time reading the domain beginners thread and take some serious thought before you register or even buy a name in the aftermarket. I was where you were not too long ago but I took heed comments that were very similar to what your getting and learned as I went along. Just take your time and don't go with your gut until you have a good understanding of what is good and what is bad, what is safe and what is dangerous. Ask as many questions as you possibly can, this is the best place to learn about domaining.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Well fella's, It's getting late and I was up all night last night, so I'm out of here, and I appreciate all the input and look forward to further conversations and the info/advice down the road.

•••
There is no further discussion or justification with this name. Learn from your mistakes and move on.

- V

•••
While my views on registering domains consisting of a trademarked word are not as orthodox as others here, I agree there is little chance of selling this particular name at substantial markup. As for your original intentions with respect to it, that was definitely a big mistake on your part. Losing a domain earmarked for sale is an inconvenience. Having to part, under duress (read: C&D letter or UDRP ruling), with a name with a well positioned, live website, makes for a really, really bad day! Not to mention the potential was getting sued for damages by Google... :blackeye::banghead:

Last edited:
•••
Just stay away from company names, avoid TM's at all costs

Good luck

•••
Forward the domain to google.com. Then apply whois privacy and cancel the domain registration - that can take 30+ days to complete.

The domain is not just useless and unsellable, it is an open invitation to several kind of trouble, some of which you may never have heard of yet. Just get away from it quick.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back