NameSilo

I will show you mine if --! Blooks I mean

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DOMiNIC

Account Suspended
Impact
Blook Domains

After reading a previous thread by Wot it would appear everybody is going crazy over Blook Domains.

What Blook Domains Have you registered?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
After having about 6-8 hours sleep since Sat morning I needed a break before hitting the sack. Was glad to see some blooking stuff to read.

I find the discussions here are very valuable.

BTW I had a major puter crash Fri morning -- still lots of work but critical part is mostly completed. Thank heaven for having a Knopix disk which allowed me to save several gig of data. I did loose bunch of product codes etc. which makes bebuilding a bitch. May be time to lay out for a fully raided system.

I got no mobi stuff (the sound just doesn't click with me) but interested to see how it goes.

•••
Sorry to hear that Hark. What a drag. Get an Alienware. They rule.

•••
-db- said:
BLOOKY.COM

Has received 22 visitors so far this month. Last month it had 37.

No idea why.... but not complaining.
Not too much of a drop off. It's hard to figure in how many NP blooky-bloos have searched it and, than, gone to the url. I use the "Open In Browser" function that's built into my searchware, quite a bit, to see how the domains are being used. I bet one of those visits last month was mine. :hi:

Here's an off the wall idea. (What's new, huh?) We should follow the model of the diamond industry and form a blook cartel. We, already, own and control a large % of the market and we could control the price structure based upon supply and demand. Put ourselves in control insteaad of running around all over the place, doing our own thing and being blind to a large portion of the big picture. I say this only half in jest.

PS If you've ever thought ablut doing something like this, the unique situation, that is reflected in this thread, could make blooks an ideal vehicle. There's no guarantee that blooks will take off but that's a given whether united or working individually. You need to organize early because if and when blooks hits the news and becomes a buzz word the pace could get pretty hectic and there will, undoubtably, be some names sold that are underpriced that will fracture the market and diffuse the effort.

Last edited:
•••
Grrilla said:
Here's an off the wall idea. (What's new, huh?) We should follow the model of the diamond industry and form a blook cartel.
blookcartel.com AVAILABLE!!

•••
Sounds like an idea Grilla.

BlookCritic.com is getting about 40 uniques a week

•••
Technically the diamond market is not a cartel but a monopsony, but I wont go into it...Well maybe I will. The company called DeBeers buys up all diamond mines and retailers until they have a majority control of the supply of diamonds and release them steadily...;) I'm so glad I took economics.

I'm interested in your idea though Grrilla. So you think we should all agree not to undercut each other's blook domain prices and set a standard?

On a side note, I'm thinking about selling blookery.com in the NP auction tomorrow...I wouldnt want it to go for too little though. It's not realistic to ask for an appraisal but I know its worth more than what the average one goes for...

•••
How much you asking for ?

•••
BlookGroup only gets a few visits so far.

I have come up w/ some other really good Blook DNs but am not sure if these will hold or grow in value?

We'll see I guess.

•••
myblook.info parked at sedo, minimal hits
still not sure what to do with it as far as content goes.
Any blookguru have a suggestion as to what to do with it?

•••
MyBlooks.com got 38 last month - 12 this month so far
Blook.info - 5 this month
Blooking.net - 5
Blookers.org - 1

I'm open to selling them. And I'll sell either blook.info or myblooks.com. Whichever one doesn't sell first goes into the vault for a while...

•••
Interesting idea grilla. Worth considering.

While we are talking numbers here. So far this month as per AWStats:
BlookBits-com has 93 uniques and 429 visits. That appears to be quite a bit of return traffic.

DiscussBlooks-com has 82 and 277 visits.

Been looking at BlookOn-com hoping it would get reg'd but could take it no longer so just did the deed. Would go nicely with BlookOff :alien:

•••
betterdayz4 said:
db or grrilla could you give any examples of mobi names you have had offers on or nice clicks ?
One, off the top of my head...

MobiConnection.com

Average about 60 uniques per month, each month since registered.

Nothing huge, but very intriguing for the term 'mobi 'and very satisfying for a $7 hand reg.

•••
Is anyone here actively trying to get traffic to their blook site? Without using paid options (Adwords etc.) i'm looking to join a couple of writing related forums and have a link in my signature there - Anyone have any other suggestions?

(Website promotion isn't my strongest side at present).

•••
hark said:
Been looking at BlookOn-com hoping it would get reg'd but could take it no longer so just did the deed. Would go nicely with BlookOff :alien:
:lol: I seriously considered getting that one too when I got blookoff but fought the temptation - Sounds great does'nt it, good luck - its a very nice name IMO

Just one blook for me :hehe:

•••
My 2 parked domains have only got about 5 hits each.
I'm sure they'll take off though!

*hopes*

•••
Osprey said:
Is anyone here actively trying to get traffic to their blook site? Without using paid options (Adwords etc.) i'm looking to join a couple of writing related forums and have a link in my signature there - Anyone have any other suggestions?

(Website promotion isn't my strongest side at present).

your sig link isin't working (looks like an extra .com)
but no, not actively doing anything with myblook.info
it's just sitting at sedo. for now.

•••
Thanks miss_chiff - silly mistake i made there :p

•••
gazzip said:
:lol: I seriously considered getting that one too when I got blookoff but fought the temptation - Sounds great does'nt it, good luck - its a very nice name IMO

Just one blook for me :hehe:

Sort of like a 1960's/70's time warp -- Right on man :)

•••
Shorty said:
Technically the diamond market is not a cartel but a monopsony, but I wont go into it...Well maybe I will. The company called DeBeers buys up all diamond mines and retailers until they have a majority control of the supply of diamonds and release them steadily...;) I'm so glad I took economics.

I'm interested in your idea though Grrilla. So you think we should all agree not to undercut each other's blook domain prices and set a standard?

On a side note, I'm thinking about selling blookery.com in the NP auction tomorrow...I wouldnt want it to go for too little though. It's not realistic to ask for an appraisal but I know its worth more than what the average one goes for...
Maybe so but here's a reference to the "diamond cartel" in Economistmagazine. Maybe the technical definition of the term has become bastardized through it's misuse and and, now, implies a new meaning or maybe the writer at the Economist just got it wrong. Here's a link: http://www.economist.com/displaystory.cfm?story_id=2921462
Irregardless, BlookCartel sounds better to my ears than BlookMonopsony does, so, in this situation, I would lean towards taking a bit of literary license w/ the domain name. Thanks for turning me onto "monopsony". :)

•••
Ah well, the article talks about new competition rising against DeBeers and becoming an alternative supply for diamonds. In which case, the diamond market shifts from a monopoly to a duopoly or oligopoly.

It made reference to the possibility of persuading this new firm to follow similar practices to maintain high prices, which would be classed as unfair practice, the technical term being colluding.

A colluding duopoly or oligopoly is otherwise known as a cartel...therefore, taking this article and news into consideration, you could now look at the diamond market as a cartel.

;)

•••
Any luck on selling Blookery.com ?

•••
Shorty said:
Ah well, the article talks about new competition rising against DeBeers and becoming an alternative supply for diamonds. In which case, the diamond market shifts from a monopoly to a duopoly or oligopoly.

It made reference to the possibility of persuading this new firm to follow similar practices to maintain high prices, which would be classed as unfair practice, the technical term being colluding.

A colluding duopoly or oligopoly is otherwise known as a cartel...therefore, taking this article and news into consideration, you could now look at the diamond market as a cartel.

;)
Those "opolies" were, really, beginning to get to me. Thank you for clearing that one up, Shorty. I will input this new info into the cacophany that has, now, become monopolized by neurons that, freely, flit about the space inside of my head that, at one time, housed a fully functioning brain. :laugh:

Last edited:
•••
I think this is stupid. That is however no indication of it's potential popularity, I just think it's a stupid term that I would never use. Sitting around trying to figure out new popular terms reminds me of those old guys who try to be cool by using slang with their kid's friends... which does nothing but make them look retarded and embarass their kid. But I guess as long as there's money to be made.

Available:

GoBlookYourself.com

•••
Hey Grrilla
cacophany -- Them is da kinda words what make make my old country bumkin brain short circuit.

The longer this thread goes the more fun I am having.

•••
slipxaway said:
Sitting around trying to figure out new popular terms reminds me of those old guys who try to be cool by using slang with their kid's friends... which does nothing but make them look retarded and embarass their kid.

Hmmm... I don't think that's a very accurate (or fair) analogy. And I think it's immature and insensitive to use the word 'retarded' as a form of insult, at least in public like that.

Just my opinion.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back