IT.COM

I will show you mine if --! Blooks I mean

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DOMiNIC

Account Suspended
Impact
Blook Domains

After reading a previous thread by Wot it would appear everybody is going crazy over Blook Domains.

What Blook Domains Have you registered?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Grrilla said:
Whew! Glad to here it. Now that the fad has died down, hopefully, some of the impatient, get rich quick mentality will fall by the wayside, as well.

At this point, any substantial sale of a blook name would come as a big surprise to me. It took a few years of exposure on the net, before I saw any decent Wiki sales reported and I didn't sell one until last month. However, the sale of the one name covered the registration and renewal fees of all of the others and gave me a modest $xxx profit, to boot.

Fads are like infactuation. They are the first blush of an affair that may or, may not, continue on. In either case, they are only a temporary state. If the relationship is good, (ie if there is substance to the concept), than it moves on into another, deeper phase. If not, all I can say is that it was fun while it lasted. Hopefully, there is some substance to what we have been discussing, which, I, personally, believe there is, otherwise, I wouldn't have gotten involved in a reltionship w/ blooks, in the first place.
Well said my man. I am in this for only a small sum and if nothing else following this thread has been quite valuable.
It has gotten me into reading a lot of stuff being written on the web.
I intend to get back to working on the 2 sites again -- I have updated DiscussBlooks to tinyportal with new user sellectable themes and will be back to posting again in a few days.
At this point only a couple of my blook names are for sale & really don't care whether I get any offers.

Hey Grrilla was that you what sold the Kool name with my beloved Q in it?

•••
Hey, Hey - My, My ....

Looks Likes Blooks Are Here To Stay...

It's Better To Blook In....

Than To Blook The Other Way...

My, My - Hey, Hey....

(Sorry, I was just listening to a little N. Young and the words just came out of my mouth).

•••
DOMiNIC said:
Hey, Hey - My, My ....

Looks Likes Blooks Are Here To Stay...

It's Better To Blook In....

Than To Blook The Other Way...

My, My - Hey, Hey....

(Sorry, I was just listening to a little N. Young and the words just came out of my mouth).

Old man, blook at my life
I'm alot like you.
I'm alot like you.

Sales are poor
But there's so much more

Live alone in a paradise,
With blooks inside my head.

Love lost, but what's the cost?
'Least it wasn't, a name I lost.
Like a poem that won't get tossed
Once my blook is through.

Speaking of Neil. I met him during the year or two I used to hang out w/ S. Stills. Steven told me that Neil was coming to town and that all of the original members of the Buffalo Springfield- Stephen, Neil, Richy Furay, Bruce Palmer and Dewey Martin- were going to jam together for the first time in 22 years, (I believe). I covertly grabbed a camera from a locker and snuck it out of a studio I was working out of, went to Stephens house, set some lights, and did a single camera shoot. I cut the footage down to about 7 or 8 minutes. It has never been released or seen, for that matter, by anyone other than the band members and a tight circle of friends. I have all of the camera original and the master version- only a couple of VHS, (low quality) copies were made for the band members. Haven't thought about it in years until right now. Do you think it has any commercial value or has the market become over saturated w/ BTS footage of bands? I've been out of touch w/ the scene for awhile now. I know this is OT but the Neil Young lyrics made me do it.

Last edited:
•••
Keep me searching
for a domain of gold
You keep me searching
for a domain of gold
And I'm getting old.
I've been a miner
for a domain of gold

Well Grrilla, Neil Young made cover story of Rolling Stone on Jan. 26, 2006 issue 992.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/profile/story/9139450/the_open_man

I still subscribe to Rolling Stone, even though it costs a fortune to ship it to Venezuela, because Rolling Stone still has many of the founding journalists on the payroll, and they and the magazine are a huge part of Rock n Roll history itself.

Even though Rolling Stone has to appeal to todays wider audience of Reggaeton and Hip Hop fans, the real diamonds always get an article and they never forget them when it comes to obituaries.

And here is the link to issue 193, August 14, 1975 cover story, just to show that Rust Never Fades Away...

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/profile/story/9102786/neil_young_the_rs_interview

Interesting to here you have a few tales to tell about Rock n Roll's history.

Does this mean you are a Canadian?

I used to be known as "The Chauffeur To The Stars" back a while ago in England. Never met Neil though.

Old man look at my domains,
Twenty four
and there's so much more
One sale alone could be paradise
That makes me think of two.

Reg. fee lost, such a cost,
Give me things
that don't get lost.
Like a coin that won't get tossed
Rolling home to you.

•••
Does this mean you are a Canadian?
No. So Cal native. Lived in Topanga Cyn for 20+ yrs and Dewey and Bruce were neighbors for awhile. They introduced me to Stephen and so on. I started out as a sports shooter and, being a handheld guy, it was a natural progression to move into music and from there lighting.

I used to be known as "The Chauffeur To The Stars" back a while ago in England. Never met Neil though.
I was a cameraman for 30 years- the last 20, based in Hollywood. I worked in all of the studios and either worked w/ or ran into just about everyone in the entertainment biz. I always wanted to Meet Bob Dylan and never did-and John Lennon, but he left us before I had really gotten it going. I did meet Julian when I did his MTV, "Behind the Music" , and I did meet McCartney and Ringo a couple of times. Anyways, I moved up the coast 2 years ago and have been out of the entertainment epicenter for 4 or 5 yrs, now. It, already, feels like it was a lifetime ago- very surreal, like it was someone else's life. But, I do have the stories to tell, once I get wound up. Today my only contact w/ celebs is indirect- they buy my art through a couple of galleries that I sell through. Whew! Art and domain names- now that's a winner! -and- a sure formula for going broke. :lol:

Last edited:
•••
Grrilla you should write a blog about all your experiences and meetings,

and then turn it into a Blook! :)

•••
Halobitt said:
Grrilla you should write a blog about all your experiences and meetings,

and then turn it into a Blook! :)
:tu:

In this case OT is cool but is it really OT?

My closest to 'rubbing elbows' was when I used to hang out at a bar called the 'Little Bear' in Evergreen Colorado. Wednesday was locals night and you never knew who might showup. Damn that was a long time ago.

•••
Is OT "off topic" or "original thread", sorry for dumb question,
still feel like a newb here.

:)

•••
Halobitt said:
Is OT "off topic" or "original thread", sorry for dumb question,
still feel like a newb here.

:)
Off Topic

Been so many sub topics in this thread that who really cares. What was the original topic/theme anyway?

•••
hark said:
Been so many sub topics in this thread that who really cares. What was the original topic/theme anyway?

BLOOKS! <<--- :gn:

•••
My closest to 'rubbing elbows' was when I used to hang out at a bar called the 'Little Bear' in Evergreen Colorado. Wednesday was locals night and you never knew who might showup. Damn that was a long time ago.
Hey hark. Maybe we rubbed elbows, ourselves. I started out in Denver as a sports cameraman and knocked a few down at "Little Bear" myself during the 70's. It's a small world. (Just wouldn't want to have to paint it.)

•••
This thread seems to be populated by old farts- anyway if any of you old farts are passing Chiang Mai around mid August drop in to my 60th bday p'up.

From an old Billy Connoly sketch - if you want to find the party, carry a plastic bag full of booze - put your hand to your ear and just listen :gl:

•••
Grrilla said:
Whew! Glad to here it. Now that the fad has died down, hopefully, some of the impatient, get rich quick mentality will fall by the wayside, as well.

At this point, any substantial sale of a blook name would come as a big surprise to me. It took a few years of exposure on the net, before I saw any decent Wiki sales reported and I didn't sell one until last month. However, the sale of the one name covered the registration and renewal fees of all of the others and gave me a modest $xxx profit, to boot.

Fads are like infactuation. They are the first blush of an affair that may or, may not, continue on. In either case, they are only a temporary state. If the relationship is good, (ie if there is substance to the concept), than it moves on into another, deeper phase. If not, all I can say is that it was fun while it lasted. Hopefully, there is some substance to what we have been discussing, which, I, personally, believe there is, otherwise, I wouldn't have gotten involved in a reltionship w/ blooks, in the first place.
Indeed. I only made a modest profit of $30 with blooks, but hey $30 bucks is 30 buckaroos :)

•••
Grrilla said:
Hey hark. Maybe we rubbed elbows, ourselves. I started out in Denver as a sports cameraman and knocked a few down at "Little Bear" myself during the 70's. It's a small world. (Just wouldn't want to have to paint it.)
We moved to Evergreen in 1974. Drove 285 from Conifer to the Federal Center for 10 years. Am still a hard core Broncos fan -- missed exactly 3 home games from 75 thru 87.

Was a real blast having the bouncers cart my chair up and down all those steps just to drink beer and throw down shots of schnops.

Favorite local band was Timathy(sp?) P and the Rural Route 3

Hey wot you be youngster -- I be 63 and counting.

Just to make this OT maybe someone should write a Little Bear blook.

•••
Am still a hard core Broncos fan -- missed exactly 3 home games from 75 thru 87.
I'll be! What was your location at Mile High?!
I shot all of the Broncos games down at ground level for 4 years. I shot Randy Gradishar's last game during the Orange Crush/Red Miller Days and was still around during the Reeve's years for Elway's first game and his first 2 1/2 seasons. I was covering the draft from Broncos HQ when they traded for the #1 pick, Elway, (who spurned the Colts- wow was Denver excited!!)) and was there atlthe bloody end when they picked Mecklenberg out of Minnesota as the very last pick of the draft. Wow, this thread is having the effect of making me go down memory lane. There's some synchronicity happenning here.

This thread seems to be populated by old farts- anyway if any of you old farts are passing Chiang Mai around mid August drop in to my 60th bday p'up.

From an old Billy Connoly sketch - if you want to find the party, carry a plastic bag full of booze - put your hand to your ear and just listen
I'm the kid of group so let's keep it that way, shall we? :lol:

I' would love to come. Have traveled extensively but never in the Far East. I get my info 2nd hand from my son who is still on his year long trip through India. He spent a week at the complex where the Dalai Lama resides but the old fart, (or "his holiness", as my son would say.) was away so he didn't meet him, but from my son's perspective, would've been nice but no big deal.

I've got a concept that relates to this thread, (had to get that in). I will PM the two of you w/ the details later this week and we can STS, a bit.

Last edited:
•••
Grrilla said:
I'll be! What was your location at Mile High?!
I shot all of the Broncos games down at ground level for 4 years. I shot Randy Gradishar's last game during the Orange Crush/Red Miller Days and was still around during the Reeve's years for Elway's first game and his first 2 1/2 seasons. I was covering the draft from Broncos HQ when they traded for the #1 pick, Elway, (who spurned the Colts- wow was Denver excited!!)) and was there atlthe bloody end when they picked Mecklenberg out of Minnesota as the very last pick of the draft. Wow, this thread is having the effect of making me go down memory lane. There's some synchronicity happenning here.
I still say there was no better place for football than the old Mile High when those old metal stands started shaking. I was at the first Elway home game and felt a real sadness that I couldn't be at his last one.

I think I still have one of the old Orange Crush t-shirts around here someplace.

I sat where the sun never shined (literally) at top if the first tier behind home plate. Wheel chair section. C6-C7 quadraplegic -- 43 years post injury. I mean it was cold under there even during preseason games.

•••
Anybody anymore blook news ?

•••
the news is I am going to sell some blook names I own...let em go!!

•••
wot said:
From an old Billy Connoly sketch - if you want to find the party, carry a plastic bag full of booze - put your hand to your ear and just listen :gl:

I know this is off topic, but talking of Billy Connolly, did any of you ever see his movie, 'The Man Who Sued God?'

•••
I still say there was no better place for football than the old Mile High when those old metal stands started shaking.
One of the unique features of the old Mile High was the sharp grade of the stands. You could be up in the cheap seats and have a great X's and O's view of the playing field because the vertical plane of the seats brought them so close to the sidelines. I had a friend who was a season ticket holder from day one and who passed on the upgrades that would have moved him down to a lower level because of the great overview of the game that the higher sections offerred. The shaking stands played havoc w/ all of the "up" camera positions because of the vibration effect caused from all of the stomping feet and shaking bodies, activities that Bronco fans enjoyed, so much. I can, still, hear that unique sound of shaking metal stands that could only be heard at Mile High.

I know this is off topic, but talking of Billy Connolly, did any of you ever see his movie, 'The Man Who Sued God?'
I never saw the movie but w/ a name like that, I know I'd like to and am going to Google some info about it. Tx.

the news is I am going to sell some blook names I own...let em go!!
Another bit of advice that comes w/o a reason, an argument and is devoid of any supporting data or substanitive information that other members can evaluate and base their own decisions upon- the kind of post that I have come to know and love! :lol: There is less information and more harm that, potentially can occur from one of these posts than from 1,000 off-topic comments that, at least, have some informational value that can be used by other's to enhance their experience. (One or two more responses to these types of posts should, just about, cure me of the habit.)

"Ah, gee. The guy was just expressing his opinion!." "Aw, gee. I, just, don't give a sh~t."

Last edited:
•••
:hi: i'm new here and i was wondering how the subject went from blook to booze and footbal!

•••
with 722 posts, anything can happen...

•••
hk998 said:
:hi: i'm new here and i was wondering how the subject went from blook to booze and footbal!
I don't know and, frankly, I don't give a sh~t! Welcome to Name Pros! :lol:
Actually, (I think ??), that, somewhere, along the line somebody, (the original OP?), opened this thread up to cover a broader range of topics than, had originally been projected and the thread has become a place to go where blookers, (and fed-up blookers), can hangout and have booze and football discussions that are punctuated by blook news and info psots. (I think.)

Oh. I reread my last post and because "dont't give a sh~t" could be interpreted in a number of ways I wanted to clarify my, particular, meaning. This was not referencing an individual post or opinion, nor was it a statement about my, general, overview of life. It referred, specifically, to losing interest in opinion based discussions and my non-participation in them.

•••
i'm new here and i was wondering how the subject went from blook to booze and footbal!

I got footballblook! so it's maybe not out of topics from my point of view. :hehe:

•••
hk998 said:
This thread has had so many sub-threads that it is sort of like the 'veger' in that it has taken on a life of its own while retaining the memory of and desire to reconnect with the creator.

Note to wot unit; Beware of memory dumps originating from your creations (children)

The hark unit is looking forward to reading the 1000th post.

Grrilla unit; Might it at some point qualify as Quhl? :alien:

They are coming to take me away, ho ho hee hee ha ha, to the happy home where life is... :p :p

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back