IT.COM

"I want my own search engine"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Well, my friend wants his own searc engine for his site.

He wants to be able to modify the search results to exclude gambling, sex and other adult mateiral.

I told him that making your own search engine requires alot of time, effort and resources, but I'm no expert in this field and was hoping that I could get some more info on this topic from the pros here.

Any solutions or ideas would be great, maybe something to set me in the right direction.

Edit: Google's custom search isn't an option as they have banned his site from the use due to "too many people clicking the adds" on the search resutls.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
if he wants to have a decent search engine, then he'll need lots of money to crawl and index the entire internet. i'd suggest he use another search engine's "custom search."

•••
That was difficult to built, lot's of time and effort is required while doing your won search engine.

•••
Try aspseek or dataparksearch.

•••
there are many customized online search engine which provides you the option do so...

•••
maintaining it requires a lot of time, patience, effort.

•••
Search Engine

Unknown said:
Well, my friend wants his own searc engine for his site.

He wants to be able to modify the search results to exclude gambling, sex and other adult mateiral.

I told him that making your own search engine requires alot of time, effort and resources, but I'm no expert in this field and was hoping that I could get some more info on this topic from the pros here.

Any solutions or ideas would be great, maybe something to set me in the right direction.

Edit: Google's custom search isn't an option as they have banned his site from the use due to "too many people clicking the adds" on the search resutls.

I could do this for you if you want to discuss details first. It's actually fairly simple. 20+ years experience helps.

•••
Its too difficult to make our own search engine. It consuming lot of time and money so tell him use another search engine.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back