Watch

Mohamed Ahmaid

Established Member
Impact
It was ccTLD
I got it for about $8 (as coupon)
Is the amount small? yes very small
But it is very huge sale to me.
Lately (before this sale) I have deiced that Iam not going to inject another single Dollar unless I have sell one.
So I have sold one for $100 on Undeveloped (thanks to Simon I've named him the godfather of my first sale)
So , now I have (some garbage) names still on palteforms
Now Iam trying to control the $91+$5 on my Paypal and this will be my start over ammo nothing more.
Here comes the challange
Will I survive?
Will I make it ?
Will my moves be wise ?
Time will tell !
I've decied to stick with COMs, no invented word ,no fad names.
I love domaining but love got nothing to do with smart investing .
I wanted to share this with you guys here in NP which is our cradle ,school and haven (At least to me).
Thank you guys & sorry for such long (blablabla).
This video describes my feeling

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats and well done! Wish you all the best in future.

•••
•••
What's the name and holding period. Outbound or inbound offer?

•••
What's the name and holding period. Outbound or inbound offer?
Inbound Undeveloped
Holding for about 6 monthes

•••
•••
•••
Congrats..

@NorthBridge you are thinking in right way...just make sure you implement it as well..
That's the hard part..

I am sure you will get many good sales..

Good luck.

•••
Congratulations! :)

It doesn't really matter the amount, as long as you profited then that first sale will always feel amazing! :)

Good job on deciding to stay on budget .. it's important not to get too far into debt .. or like in my case .. it's also important not to grow your portfolio into a size you have trouble finding the time to manage! lol

Good luck to you for a quick second sale and more! :)

•••
•••
congratulations, you have a very good start

•••
•••
•••
Congratulations...now you are hooked!

•••
Congrats on your first sale. Personally I've never sold one yet but will eventually I hope. (Fingers crossed)

•••
I'm myself feeling happy! Congrats.

•••
Congrats

Next time try to cover your costs and make a full $100

Keep a spreadsheet of your costs and factor in the commission plus a $100 profit.

As you get better names and people complain about pricing make sure you have a strategy and are prepared to offer valid responses.

ie...

Client Comment: Your domains are too expensive, I could register one for ten bucks.

Your Response: Sir as you can see most of the good domains are already taken and your domain is the main pathway that leads to the front door of your digital business. The price quoted does not represent a single domain but a proportional amount for holding a large portfolio of domains. You can understand that a business has expenses and holding thousands of domains can get expensive. That said an asset like a domain is often tax deductible or a business may be able to depreciate it over a period of years. Check with your accountant and once you do that math you will see why successful online businesses have invested larger amounts in obtaining the right address. It is no different from being on the most desired main street in town or being in a side alley. The alley will always be cheaper but definitely not more successful.

Now if I were to break that response down to the most important part to stress to your client it would be....

The price quoted does not represent a single domain but a proportional amount for holding a large portfolio of domains.

Good luck (y)

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Client Comment: Your domains are too expensive, I could register one for ten bucks.

Your Response: Sir as you can see most of the good domains are already taken and your domain is the main pathway that leads to the front door of your digital business. The price quoted does not represent a single domain but a proportional amount for holding a large portfolio of domains. You can understand that a business has expenses and holding thousands of domains can get expensive. That said an asset like a domain is often tax deductible or a business may be able to depreciate it over a period of years. Check with your accountant and once you do that math you will see why successful online businesses have invested larger amounts in obtaining the right address. It is no different from being on the most desired main street in town or being in a side alley. The alley will always be cheaper but definitely not more successful.

Now if I were to break that response down to the most important part to stress to your client it would be....

The price quoted does not represent a single domain but a proportional amount for holding a large portfolio of domains.

Good luck (y)

Thank you very much for such valuable input (really great tip)

•••
•••
•••
Well done! By selling a name you've already achieved more than a lot of domainers ever will. Onwards and upwards!

•••
Back