Domain Empire

domain I Registered my domain in 1995, had active biz for years, 12 TLDs. - Infoprovider.com.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bronxgodzilla

Impact
Infoprovider.com. I am a retired software and website developer. I've had my own commercial software which sold for years, and who last created a site for Northern New Mexico County, Rio Arriba, (rachc.org).

Over the years I have steadily purchased about a dozen more TLDs with the same name, looking forward to my eventual retirement. Either through selling the Company & copyrighted software, or just selling the domains themselves -- or both.

By itself, valuate.com just gave infoprovider.com a value of $7500. You can use dynadot.com and see all the TLDs I also own -- which includes .EU, .UK, .ASIA, .CO and more. I do not have a fortune to hire expensive brokers. What is my best route?

Thank you for your time.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
To put it bluntly, the additional TLD registrations count for brand protection but provide no financial bonus as to overall value. As I see it, nearly all the value lies in the software and business itself.

The domain itself is somewhat vague and I wouldn't expect too much above the Valuate figure in the short or probably even long term. The domain is old but again not so outstanding to be a major factor toward value.

.EU and .ASIA especially are weak TLDs and have next to no value as long as you have the .COM.

Best of luck. The above is my opinion only.

Last edited:
•••
Forge, I really appreciate your bluntness here. However, the main reason I invested in the TLDs was to have ability to promote in other countries versions of whatever I was doing but geo-specific. The "vagueness" can therefore be interpreted in many areas. So I wouldn't look at the parts separately. lol. Is why it is called "intellectual property" I guess. I have used my old software, called Provider Plus, to build many sites. But you are right, thyings are "old." So Brand Protection is a good point, and I thank you.

Should I just get a business broker -- or find a domainer who can see greater value for the whole thing?

Thank you

•••
Thanks for your thoughtful reply.

I see that you have two threads with the same question. You might want to merge them. Another member has addressed the broker question in the other thread.

Since you are selling your business (I assume) and copyrighted software, you might do better getting legal advice before hiring a broker. If you go with the broker option, I would just say two words, "extreme vetting".

•••
Vetting you are totally right. I would like to sell the whole thing; software can be updated to modern 64 bit pretty easily. The website has some old libraries and other large product seller clients. Etc. However your point is a good one, that the software doesn't have to be a part of the package at all.

BTW how do I merge the two threads? I placed them separately because different categories seemed appropriate, old fart that I am :)

•••
I asked NP staff to merge, maybe we can wait a bit and see.

Did I say that about the software? Anyway that's an option. I'm not versed in those areas really.

•••
Thanks for asking. BTW I like your costume ... assuming it IS a costume, lol.

•••
as far as domain value goes, pay no attention to valuation sites. they have no relation to what an enduser will pay for yuour domain.

so speaking strictly for domain value. I see little to no value in extensions other than .com, but perhaps the org and net could find an enduser if you wait long enough for some 3 figure to low 4 figure range.

as for the .com version of your domain, I think 4 figures is something you could expect to get from enduser. sadly, I do not believe brokers would handle this, so you are left with ensuring it is on all major auction sites and waiting for offers or placing a bin. again, in 4 figure range imo.
but I'd just put makeoffer on it. no bin.

gl

•••
Just an opinion on the domain "Infoprovider dot com" as a stand alone.

To me it reads very much like the type of wording registered in the early days of the internet just as a descriptive for the type of business it was to be applied to. ie, Not really registered for any domain Speculative purpose. Easy on the eye, memorable and applicable. And of course years before dot.info extension came into being. The domain alone still carries those qualities but, probably a little bit too vague and overly generic in two-words to be any where near estibots valuation of $7.5k. Probably nearer $1k on a good day imho. even then that would be to an end-user

If your software rights have a fairly good stand alone value you might be better trying to sell everything as a package

Last edited:
•••
Infoprovider.com. I am a retired software and website developer. I've had my own commercial software which sold for years, and who last created a site for Northern New Mexico County, Rio Arriba, (rachc.org).

Over the years I have steadily purchased about a dozen more TLDs with the same name, looking forward to my eventual retirement. Either through selling the Company & copyrighted software, or just selling the domains themselves -- or both.

By itself, valuate.com just gave infoprovider.com a value of $7500. You can use dynadot.com and see all the TLDs I also own -- which includes .EU, .UK, .ASIA, .CO and more. I do not have a fortune to hire expensive brokers. What is my best route?

Thank you for your time.
This is a cool domain, but has almost 0 resell value. If you put it up for auction here on namepros you would probably get $10-$20 max for it. I think if u can make even $50 a month from this domain-website its worth keeping. If someone claims here its worth $100+. Ask them to pay it and see their reaction. You should definitely try to sell it as WEBSITE not as a domain. $50 a month may get you up to 1-2K buyers on flippa.com. Forget the idea of selling it as a domain. I hope this helps.

•••
BTW I like your costume ... assuming it IS a costume, lol
It's not me, just some weird comic relief.

btw...
Back in the day I hand registered classifiedinfo.com, I eventually dropped it. Regret that just a little.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back