IT.COM

I OWN A DOMAIN WORTH BILLIONS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

sarahsdomains

MemberTop Member
Impact
OK, may be not, but i need some advice.

i own a domain related to a major major MAJOR payment method company.

i got an email saying i better not sell it trade it in any way or form to save the company from going into disrepute or i will pay heavily .

what can i do with the domain? if anything.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We noticed you had the domain a few years and let it drop after 8 emails were sent to renew and a redemption email. You still proceeded to let this drop, now that I have picked it up you are asking for me to forward it to you due to the similarity of your said business.

How did you know 8 emails were sent? Is this standard or registrar specific?

•••
So most registers send out 60 day,45 day, 30 day, 15 day, renew date, expired email, 15 days expired canceled and redemption emails.

Don't quote me on the exact emails but you get the idea.

•••
lol , paypal ... dude , what were you thinking ...... you had to know that you would be hearing from them . just let the domain drop & move on with your life . I did like the posts by vegas options & learned a few things . your like the smallest kid in class trying to pick a fight with the class bully knowing that your going to take an #$@ %&$#%# * . paypal is not a company to mess with . in future endeavors I would avoid trademarked names if I was you .

•••
Can you name even one single time that someone sold or passed on a domain name that was the trademark of someone else, and was successfully sued, if they had not used to domain name for any purpose?

The best thing that you can do with a trademarked domain name is to use it to criticize the company which holds the trademark. At that point you can claim that the company is trying to interfere with your free speech rights if it attempts to sue you. You have every right to own a trademarked name if your purpose is critical review of the company.
interesting , but im not sure thats true ?

•••
•••
just let it drop then move on to the next available domain.
I can't believe this post is still up. It's old news. Domain went back to the claimants a long time ago. Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back