Domain Empire

I lost $5805usd through PayPal scam by Shane Bellone

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

12no3

VIP Member
Impact
Many of my friend suggested me to post this on namepros so others will less likely to be scamed by shane.

So on 2016-09-26 and 2016-09-27 he bought 374 cvcv.in names and 471 cvcv.in names all together 845 .in names together. (these are random cvcv.in)
together he paid me on paypal 5805 usd.

I pushed the domain to him, then everything is fine. the deal was made through whatsapp chat.
deal closed.
then I saw him selling them on .in markect group, flipped some for higher price.

until 27the decenmber when i log in to my paypal to make another purchase, i see paypal refunded 5805 back to him, then i look up my email, i saw paypal disput which i completed missed.
buyer claim reason: NOT AS DESCRIBED! (this is after he sold and transfer out some of those)

I did not know paypal had this 3 months rules where buyer can claim the money back, and becuase i do not log on paypal so often and get xxx amount of emails every days, so i missed the window that i could have argued with paypal. but well lesson learned.

Some infomation of shane so other can avoid being scamed by him
http://this_username_was_banned.com/
http://www.domainsherpa.com/shane-bellone-itmagazine-interview/
http://tldinvestors.com/2016/05/shane-bellone-saying-goodbye-to-domaining.html
http://omarandwill.com/interview-with-the-expert-volume-2-featuring-shane-bellone/
https://www.facebook.com/app_scoped_user_id/10154332611129273
https://www.linkedin.com/in/this_username_was_banned

https://twitter.com/this_username_was_banned

good news is after I provided all the evidence to the registrar, the registrar moved the remaining (ones he did not sold or transfer out) to my account, so at least i got something back.

Becuareful when using paypal,and becuareful when you trade any domain that was processed by shane.

During the process of getting the unsold domains by shane, I had great help from .in whatsapp group, so special thx who provide information and also special thx to shiva , kemji, alexa and indy who tried to contact shane for me, but he went dark, not picking his cell phone, does not respond back on whatsapp nor linkedin.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,019
  • 2.png
    2.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 395
  • 3.png
    3.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 355
  • 微信截图_20161228201831.png
    微信截图_20161228201831.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 363
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

All these words are really nice, innocent till proven guilty is the norm. But the MOST important question is WHY isn't Shane responding ???? WHY, we like to hear from him.

Can anyone answer this simple question, everything else like the post by @DomainVP is just diverting the REAL issue and blaming the victim for getting victimized

Last edited:
•••
https://twitter.com/this_username_was_banned/status/809431416471687168

Dec 15
"Anyone have any contacts @westdotcn? They are throwing a transfer out error saying I do not have permission to modify that domain...scammed?"

https://twitter.com/this_username_was_banned/status/810113719988613120

Dec 17
"@westdotcn how is (link: http://west.xyz) west.xyz down again? You will not let me transfer my domains out and now I can't even log on? SCAMMERS"

Has anyone else ever had that problem before? Being unable to modify the domain.

•••
https://twitter.com/this_username_was_banned/status/809431416471687168

Dec 15
"Anyone have any contacts @westdotcn? They are throwing a transfer out error saying I do not have permission to modify that domain...scammed?"

https://twitter.com/this_username_was_banned/status/810113719988613120

Dec 17
"@westdotcn how is (link: http://west.xyz) west.xyz down again? You will not let me transfer my domains out and now I can't even log on? SCAMMERS"

Has anyone else ever had that problem before? Being unable to modify the domain.
YES

ITS AN ICANN thing. If you transferred in, the previous registrant needs to approve the Whois update first.

If this is your scenario you are not being scammed, they are simply trying to trace the legitimate transfer in accordance to new icann rules.

Last edited:
•••
This ICANN-policy has no any impact on ccTLDs...
And this thread is about .in sale in a bulk...

•••
Here's another point lost on most folks here. It's solely the buyer's responsibility to understand the policies surrounding the domain extensions they wish to purchase, as well as the policy of the holding registrar. If these .in couldn't be transferred out of the holding registrar after the deal was made, that's too bad for the buyer. It's not the seller's job to educate the buyer on any level.

•••
Thanks for thee entertainment everyone. And such a vast assortment of opinions.
Many ass/u/me not me :)
Something doesnt smell right, the facts will come out.
So glad many of you got to take your frustrations of Shane out on this thread.
We havent heard from thee one yet, that should be another 100 posts.
If I had to decide guilty or innocent, I pick innocent.
I base my decision on a few facts? I have read, and prior experiences.
So thee bottom line is people just look for a reason to bash here, not just Shane,
yes he may be guilty
there is a good chance, but until the facts come out clearer, after the dicker thing, I will reserve the motion to pass judgement.

Evidence from one side has been collected and posted for everyone watching the thread to analyze and make conclusions from. If no evidence is provided from the defending side of the argument than it becomes pretty clear who is at fault here. No need to post on NP, he's got Twitter and that blog to prove his case.

Let me remind you that the OP is also the cofounder of 160.com, its pretty odd for someone operating at that level of business to be spending the time to make this thread unless something was truly awry. Jut my $ 0.2.

•••
I would like to hear from Shane an answer to, imho, most important question:

According to DW's blog, Shane demanded full refund for full return. According to the OP, he hasn't received 42 of those domains and that Shane has transferred them away.

Anyone can check whois: those 42 4l.ins are indeed with Wild West Domains while the rest is at west.xyz, reseller of Reselleclub for .in. domains I believe.

Irrespective of what had happened between them, Shane got full refund but didn't make full return.

So the question is: why didn't Shane return all the domains to the OP?

Last edited:
•••
This ICANN-policy has no any impact on ccTLDs...
And this thread is about .in sale in a bulk...
+ transaction was finished in September, even before this policy.

•••
Here's another point lost on most folks here. It's solely the buyer's responsibility to understand the policies surrounding the domain extensions they wish to purchase, as well as the policy of the holding registrar. If these .in couldn't be transferred out of the holding registrar after the deal was made, that's too bad for the buyer. It's not the seller's job to educate the buyer on any level.

depends on the deal. If part of the deal was that the domains could be transferred then no, otherwise yes.

•••
Flippers usually don't transfer that amout of bulk domains based on sheer cost.

If we are talking 845 domains at say $10 that's about $8500.

Now if the domains sold, and were locked there, and a new buyer wanted to move them, maybe a different story.

•••
depends on the deal. If part of the deal was that the domains could be transferred then no, otherwise yes.
That part of the deal always takes place up front. If the domains were to be transferred out, the buyer would state the intent prior to payment. You don't send $5k and then start making plans with the seller to transfer away after the fact...

•••
So it seems this situation comes down to a buyer who received goods that they had not properly researched their terms and limitations and they could not transfer out as they expected. Therefore they requested paypal refund and transferred the goods back to the seller. (minus 40+ domains possibly?)

So...

Is it the buyers responsibility to research their purchase or sellers responsibility to clearly state all information in this case? I guess that is for everyone to decide on their own.

•••
So it seems this situation comes down to a buyer who received goods that they had not properly researched their terms and limitations and they could not transfer out as they expected. Therefore they requested paypal refund and transferred the goods back to the seller. (minus 40+ domains possibly?)

So...

Is it the buyers responsibility to research their purchase or sellers responsibility to clearly state all information in this case? I guess that is for everyone to decide on their own.

You know how portfolio buys go, 90 percent crap, 10 percent cream of the crop.

So questions goes out to OP, of the 42 names, how do they rank in terms of quality in comparison to the overall portfolio sold?

•••
I think all domains were created equal: if you are able to transfer 42 domains away, then you "theoretically" are able to transfer the rest.

•••
You know how portfolio buys go, 90 percent crap, 10 percent cream of the crop.

So questions goes out to OP, of the 42 names, how do they rank in terms of quality in comparison to the overall portfolio sold?
I agree further clarification would be great on the remaining names as it would help to put this situation to rest.

Other than the outstanding names it seems to be a case of a chargeback with returned goods. Which comes down more to ethics, and the actual "contract" (conversation) between the seller and buyer.

•••
I agree further clarification would be great on the remaining names as it would help to put this situation to rest.

Other than the outstanding names it seems to be a case of a chargeback with returned goods. Which comes down more to ethics, and the actual "contract" (conversation) between the seller and buyer.
Except that you cant just reverse a transaction cause you wanna return what you bought. Well, you can. But it makes you look like someone who will bite you instead swallowing their own mistakes, which is just as dirty as other stuff done (Shill,/spam/scam/you name it) (in this case not informing themself of what they bought)

•••
Except that you cant just reverse a transaction cause you wanna return what you bought. Well, you can. But it makes you look like someone who will bite you instead swallowing their own mistakes, which is just as dirty as other stuff done (Shill,/spam/scam/you name it) (in this case not informing themself of what they bought)
I'm not defending the act of someone reversing a charge due to their mistake. I have made my own conclusions based on this thread so far - but trying to not say anything that might slander someone's character without all the facts.

Just trying to summarize to keep the thread as on track as possible. :)

•••
Just finished reading posts above:
I will make clear of a few things.
1: west.xyz allow .in transfer out, and I have sold domains on there to mutiple people, most of them prefered keep their .in at godaddy or other registrar which they are more familiar, so they have transferred out.

2: Shane himself transffered out 42 of them.

3: If shane had difficult transfering out(even he had already transfered out 42 of them), he did not contact me, or ask for anyone help.

4:Shane did not return the rest of the domains to me willingly.
Those have not transfered out returned in jan a few days ago(where he applied paypal refund early december)
only becuase I have provided west.xyz all the evidence. then west.xyz suspended his account, allowing him 7days to explain, shane did not come forward to explain west, after that domains moved to my account.

5: most important thing is I am not expecting he will comeforward to tell his side of story, I waited 20 days with many attemps to contact him but no results.
the post is here only to make sure people dont get scam by same person ,and share the lesson I learned.
Better not use paypal for over 1000usd, and check all emails you have.

•••
why would you do a 6k deal through paypal?

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
2: Shane himself transffered out 42 of them.

If you have some things, it would help make your claims more clear than just hearsay.

Do you have a record of all domains involved in this transaction including the 42 that you say were transferred out? Can you publish that list for all to examine?

I ask this because the only information anyone has about these '42 domains' are from you. These 42 domains could possibly not exist, or be a part of a portfolio/transaction that has always resided at GoDaddy.

Can we get someone on record, or proof, from west.xyz that can support these claims about the 42 domains?

I'm not picking at you, but if I was about to bring this to a forum this is the kind of evidence I would have to back me up; not just repeating screenshots of PayPal claims.

Shane shouldn't even need to chime in about the 42 domains. If you registrar says that they were with west.xyz and they were transferred out to WW/GD, and you have a document that affirms as much - then sir you have proven your claims.

But that 'smoking gun' has not been presented. The only thing that you have show was that there was a requested refund that you never responded to. If these .in domains truly could not be transferred out and the 42 'transferred' domains don't exist then this would invalidate your claims.

My main issue with all of this is that if you are going to make these kind of claims, you should have ironclad evidence and execute your due diligence. If you are on the bandwagon to make assumptions before you have solid proof then shame on you as well.

I would want to see these things if it were Dicker, Bellone, Schwartz, or Anil Kumar.

•••
I ask this because the only information anyone has about these '42 domains' are from you. These 42 domains could possibly not exist, or be a part of a portfolio/transaction that has always resided at GoDaddy.

He did post the 42 domains earlier in the thread, page 2 or 3 I think.

Last edited:
•••
If you have some things, it would help make your claims more clear than just hearsay.

Do you have a record of all domains involved in this transaction including the 42 that you say were transferred out? Can you publish that list for all to examine?

Can we get someone on record, or proof, from west.xyz that can support these claims about the 42 domains?

I'm not picking at you, but if I was about to bring this to a forum this is the kind of evidence I would have to back me up; not just repeating screenshots of PayPal claims.

Shane shouldn't even need to chime in about the 42 domains. If you registrar says that they were with west.xyz and they were transferred out to WW/GD, and you have a document that affirms as much - then sir you have proven your claims.

But that 'smoking gun' has not been presented. The only thing that you have show was that there was a requested refund that you never responded to. If these .in domains truly could not be transferred out and the 42 'transferred' domains don't exist then this would invalidate your claims.

My main issue with all of this is that if you are going to make these kind of claims, you should have ironclad evidence and execute your due diligence. If you are on the bandwagon to make assumptions before you have solid proof then shame on you as well.

I would want to see these things if it were Dicker, Bellone, Schwartz, or Anil Kumar.

Didn't he post the list of names a few pages back already? Lucid beat me to it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back