Domain Empire

I have a domain name in 3 extensions which one should I choose as my primary domain?

NameSilo
Watch

ThinkRSE

Established Member
Impact
Hey guy's quick question I'm starting a new website and I own the domain name in .info and .net and .org which one should I set to be my primary domain ?
What's best for ranking and google search and indexing and so on.
I have all 3 parked at the moment with same info and keywords but I'm getting the heights traffic from the .info domain.
What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well of course the .com would be awesome. But depending on the type of site you are trying to run I would go with the .org or .net and just have the others redirect to them. Also see who owns the .com and see the price it will take for you to get your hands on it. Just works out better in the long run for your brand/site.

- Will

•••
Well of course the .com would be awesome. But depending on the type of site you are trying to run I would go with the .org or .net and just have the others redirect to them. Also see who owns the .com and see the price it will take for you to get your hands on it. Just works out better in the long run for your brand/site.

- Will
The .com owner doesn't want to let it go I already tried several times so you think the best would be the .org or .net but as far as i know if i would go with one of them i should go with the .net even though the .info is the one getting the most hits

•••
The .com owner doesn't want to let it go I already tried several times so you think the best would be the .org or .net but as far as i know if i would go with one of them i should go with the .net even though the .info is the one getting the most hits

I see that's a bummer but yes because you can just benefit from those hits redirecting the .info but as far as your primary site is concerned .net or .org will be a good fit.

- Will

•••
If your site is a non-profit (or at least non purely commercial) organisation rather than company, then .org is the best fit. Otherwise, .net is the best choise. If you want, esp. if your site is informational, you could use .net and redirect .info to it.

•••
Is the .com developed or parked?

I would go with .net unless as stated above .org if it is health/ non profit

•••
Before making a decision based on traffic, verify it's not bot traffic first.

•••
Hey guy's quick question I'm starting a new website and I own the domain name in .info and .net and .org which one should I set to be my primary domain ?
What's best for ranking and google search and indexing and so on.
I have all 3 parked at the moment with same info and keywords but I'm getting the heights traffic from the .info domain.
What do you think?

What are you using the website for? eCommerce - .net Some industries - .org. I'd redirect whatever you don't use to the one you choose to use. None will be any better for google search, ranking, indexing. They'll all be treated the same. It's content and quality links which most affect these factors. So please tell us what it is you intend to use the site for, if you want better guidance on your question.

•••
Its a website similar to 9gag and HelloU and Diply photo and story news sharing website

•••
Running an online business on a .NET, .ORG or .INFO domain will only give more value to the EMD .COM domain and you will also loose type-in traffic ... My advice, change the name ... go with a .COM :)

•••
Running an online business on a .NET, .ORG or .INFO domain will only give more value to the EMD .COM domain and you will also loose type-in traffic ... My advice, change the name ... go with a .COM :)
Yeah I know but the .com option is not available and it's too late to change the name :'( so I think it's best to go with the .net and as well I know that the .com will always show up first in google search as well because the .com is a 5 year old domain and website

•••
As well I've already created my website offline with nearly 20,000 pages so when they are all indexed I think I'll have a good chance for organic traffic

•••
Of the 3 options, I think .net is the best choice. There are instances wherein .net show up first in google. It all depends on how good you manage your website. A few questions like, does it have good quality content? Does it have good links? Good layout, design, etc? This matters a lot.

•••
Its a website similar to 9gag and HelloU and Diply photo and story news sharing website

I think .net or .org with redirection of any unused domains. Personally, I'd use the .net

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back