NameSilo

I got a £2,000 offer for as domain in the street today.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kuffy

Name StagTop Member
Impact
It just shows that you never know when you will meet a potential buyer. I was at a street fair in a local town, and I started talking to a guy about some classic cars. I mentioned that I owned a few .coms, and he offered me £2,000 for one of my 3x2s. He even had the cash in his pocket - I've never had this happen before. Anyway, I took an email addy, and I'll see what happens. It's one of my favourite names, so I'm in two minds as to whether I want to sell it. The problem is that it will be difficult to replace it at a reasonable price.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry @Kuffy i misunderstand i thought he was a invester my bad.

I agree with you and i think you found a great niche.

When your enjoying the day with being focus on selling, selling, selling is when great deals appear out of the blue (y)

Best of luck to you :xf.smile:

•••
Domainer in the streets, WebDev in the sheets

•••
1939 motor cycle is as cool as well as your story.
Domain is unknown world for the common people.
Thanks for sharing

•••
I guess the only way you could do it would be by registrar push whilst you were on McDonalds WiFi.

I have once sold a domain in a hotel room of the buyer, connecting to the WiFi of the hotel. Got 10k USD in cash and pushed the domain to the buyers account right on the spot. Buyer just flew in to Europe from the Middle-East for this.

•••
Congrats @Kuffy on getting a lead and sharing the story with us, especially the photos of them beautiful wheels. It's quite interesting and different from every other story we see here.
Btw, please keep posting photos of them beauties in the future! :)

•••
OK - here is more to the story. I was discussing this car with its owner, and that's when the name came up. The car isn't really a rat rod, it's in far too good a condition imho, but some people seem to include cars like this with airbrushed paintwork. I've also got a rat rail domain name, and I'm not so interested in that. I'll see if the guy can use that.

20170528150225-74a7b80e-me.jpg
IS this in London?

•••
It was at the street fair in Petersfield. Petersfield is a market town in Hampshire, England. The Waitrose ( a supermarket) car park is the former sheep market, and the street names reflect this. The shopping mall is called "Ram's Walk" for example. I'm on their free WiFi in the car park at the moment, but I'll try to post some pics later. There are a few on my photo site - Jazz pics

•••
It was at the street fair in Petersfield. Petersfield is a market town in Hampshire, England. The Waitrose ( a supermarket) car park is the former sheep market, and the street names reflect this. The shopping mall is called "Ram's Walk" for example. I'm on their free WiFi in the car park at the moment, but I'll try to post some pics later. There are a few on my photo site - Jazz pics
OH right ok. I work in london and thought I recognised that Greggs. I navigate by Greggs' lol.

•••
I have once sold a domain in a hotel room of the buyer, connecting to the WiFi of the hotel. Got 10k USD in cash and pushed the domain to the buyers account right on the spot. Buyer just flew in to Europe from the Middle-East for this.
Cash, sweet! Like some crazy mob deal going down in a hotel room. And the tax man need never know lol.

•••
It was like a scene out of a movie, bag full of cash and no explanation why wire was out of question.

•••
It was like a scene out of a movie, bag full of cash and no explanation why wire was out of question.
I keep hoping that I can do something like that with Bitcoin.

•••
That is the key.... originality and getting out of the box. Am a newbie at this, but not anewbie at sales. I was in sales my whole adult life and retired at 52. Get cards made out stating that you are a Domain Collector and hand them out.

Will be posting my thoughts o this subject soon...

M

•••
That is the key.... originality and getting out of the box. Am a newbie at this, but not anewbie at sales. I was in sales my whole adult life and retired at 52. Get cards made out stating that you are a Domain Collector and hand them out.

Will be posting my thoughts o this subject soon...

M

I'm thinking about the design and wording for this. I'm mulling over whether I should call myself a collector, hobbyist, investor, dealer or buyer. At the moment hobbyist is winning. It show interest, and gives the impression that I may be prepared to pay more for a name. It also implies that I am an amateur, and therefore a buyer might be able to negotiate a price that is below the market value.

•••
I'm thinking about the design and wording for this. I'm mulling over whether I should call myself a collector, hobbyist, investor, dealer or buyer. At the moment hobbyist is winning. It show interest, and gives the impression that I may be prepared to pay more for a name. It also implies that I am an amateur, and therefore a buyer might be able to negotiate a price that is below the market value.
Domain Developper

•••
•••
•••
•••
Vice President Domain Acquisitions and Promotions

•••
Inspiring story, go with the deal or lease ... congratulations ....

•••
Vice President Domain Acquisitions and Promotions
I own VP-1.com, and I was thinking of using that with the catch line "The number 1 names from the Vice Presidents selection". :)

•••
#1 Domains from the Vice President's Collection

•••
I'm a hot rod connoisseur and this is what a real rat rod looks like. This is a 1932 Ford five window coupe that's been chopped, channeled, and sectioned. This is a true rat rod.
c9192387f74c1724b520feea97b3a348.jpg

Last edited:
•••
I'm a hot rod connoisseur and this is what a real rat rod looks like. This is a 1932 Ford five window coupe that's been chopped, channeled, and sectioned. This is a true rat rod.
Show attachment 60189
I rode in one a few years back...scared the c*8p out of me. Loud and hard ride. Insanity on wheels. Rode home in my minivan, nice and quietly. Nice car.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back