NameSilo

I Give Up! I am DONE!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BlackCatsAreNice

Established Member
Impact
Domaining has not turned out to but what I thought it would. One or two sales a year is not gonna enough to feed the cats. The meow meow. Loves em.

I have registered over a hundred domains. Good ones in my opinion. But the world is full of Cheapskates and only one Bill Gates and one Jeff Bezos.

So I bid adieu to domaining and will only be developing my sites in 2020.

Instead of selling to startups, I will be the startup.

Believe me?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
think like a developer - leave out the "e" - tumblr, flickr, etc.

there has even been a run at those, probably not many left...

•••
in the same boat. Nearly 2 years since I started and never had a sale
Yes, there are "holding times" for some domains, but not every name is going to ever be wanted and certainly not for some vast sum of money - realistic expectations goes a long way.

For example, you have a .xyz for sale for 2k, the .com version of which sold for 500$ - to me that's just a waste of renewal fees

Bought loads of crap in the beginning that I thought was great.
Letting that go now and actually getting rid of some before they expire to 'declutter' and not be reminded

It's _hard_ letting some of them go that you originally think were amazing, but a few years in still have - tracking traffic/offers/etc helps, as does a regular review of the portfolio.

•••
Back in 2009, I was in your shoes, I got fed up with domaining. I came back five months later. You will be back. Watch and see.

•••
hmm you started in 2018 on np how long have u been into domains?

•••
Handregging is an art learned by experience, experience selling domains or experience in the industry of the domains you're selling.

If that isn't working, try buying aftermarket domains with obvious value.

Either way, GL

Last edited:
•••
giphy.gif

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back