Dynadot

I don't see a lock period on my domains??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Akbar

Established Member
Impact
I have registered 2 domains on Dec 14th, 2021 (One is .io extension and the other is .xyz). I have these two domains on Dynadot.

The strange part is I don't see a lock period on both of the domains and I can unlock the domain and can view the authorization code as well.

Are there no lock periods on Dynadot? I asked the support the same thing and I am not satisfied with their reply looks like they mostly copy-paste things..

The support agent said the registry didn't put a lock on your domains..... but newly registered domains have a 60-day lock, right?

Has anyone had this similar thing before and were you able to transfer the domain via code if it was registered under 60 days?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No matter what Dynadot tells and shows, with a possibility of 99,9% if your domains are hand-regged (not transferred!), they ARE under a 60 day lock period.

•••
No matter what Dynadot tells and shows, with a possibility of 99,9% if your domains are hand-regged (not transferred!), they ARE under a 60 day lock period.
Yes, the domains were hand-regged.

•••
A 60 day lock is standard with newly registered domain names...

•••
You can check domain status using whois tools like https://www.whois.com/whois/ if the status is
Status: clientTransferProhibited , it means domain is locked.

•••
I agree with @sharfab. Newly registered domains have 60 day locks. But now that 60 days have passed. You can unlock the domains. If you could do that before 60 days, you should report it to Dynadot next time it happens. And tell us here what Dynadot say about it. And post a domain name.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back