discuss “I don’t buy from domainers on principle”

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
To buy, or not to buy, that is the question. So the headline here comes from an email a reader sent me about an exchange they had with an end user. The reader sent a targeted email to just one person, asking them if they would be interested in the domain name they had for sale. The prospect replied, "Sorry Robert, I don't buy from domainers on principle." David. When they asked me what I … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
sell to domainers get lowbal
Keith I can tell you I have experienced what the reader sent in, in the industry I came from Wall Street. The name was desired but my contact who I knew for years said we will not buy from squatters it's our policy. They very much liked the name, this was 15 years ago.

yes the opportunistic corporate no brain self entitled gits who want it all for nothing while they get richer off you the common surf. its been like this from day 1 in all aspects of life as u well know

•••
•••
Who cares? You pay the market value or move on. It’s the same rule if your budget is $1 or $10 million. 80 years is meaningless in this biz.

No one asked you to care, you said they weren't an end user, they were a proper end user. My main point was refuting your quote of "An end user will buy from anyone" I have dealt with people who have proved that statement false. While I don't agree with their attitude, it does exist for some.

•••
No one asked you to care, you said they weren't an end user, they were a proper end user. My main point was refuting your quote of "An end user will buy from anyone" I have dealt with people who have proved that statement false. While I don't agree with their attitude, it does exist for some.
You’ve dealt with people that don’t like the asking price. Has nothing to do with who’s selling.

If a domainer was asking $1 for a domain they wanted, they’d buy in an instant.

Last edited:
•••
No simply not true, but I appreciate you telling me what I know. In one case the asking price was $500, the price was of no concern. The firm's policy was not to deal with squatters. The name was not a tm by any stretch and I pointed out they should learn the meaning of "squatter"
They are not real buyers. Real buyers will do what it takes to get a deal done if it’s in their best interest. The people you referenced would take the domain in a heartbeat from a “domainer” if it was $10

•••
hehehe
People are haters. That's a pretty salty thread.

Indeed. I had to stop reading after a while but as those posts were mostly 8 years old, the sentiment still exists out there.

•••
Buying domain at auction gives Free Publicity/Promotions to the domain and its competitive sale value.

•••
I don't buy from domainers on principle.
One person opinión does NOT mean anything!! He replied that email full of frustration, envy and impotent that he dont own the domain name he always wanted! ahahahahahahahaha!! :xf.grin::xf.laugh::ROFL::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::joyful:

•••
I mean what I said. Domainers want to buy on the cheap and I don’t sell cheap. Therefore I don’t sell to domainers.

On the flip side, I’m happy to buy from domainers because, in many cases, they sell cheap.
Fair enough Keith for answering :-D

•••
I generally don't sell to domainers but always negotiable as want to retain a margin. I will happily buy I understand the cowboy days and can understand point of view as industry has been plagued with problems..

Last edited:
•••
Hello. Will you buy not from "domainers", but from private selling platform? :) :) :)

•••
I don't know if this is what he does, I think a lot of domainers buy from other domainers. And not all domain are STOLEN.

•••
Domainers live in a bubble and that makes it difficult for folks to see it from an end user's perspective.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back