IT.COM

I Do Not Know Why Should Directnic Locked My Account

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

elevator

DNCombo.comTop Member
Impact
Dear domainers, please what do you think about DirectNic.com?. I hope they are not a bad registrar?

I opened account with them and registered a domain with them and in the next few minute for me to cross check the domain which I have just registered, but I found a message that says " your account is locked, please contact customer care for more information" and I wrote to them about the issue. I was then asked to send my photo ID which I have done since yesterday morning and since then I have not received any response until now.

I just hope all is well.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
You should be fine as soon as they can get to your ticket, live chat looks to be open right now - did you try that to get their attention?

If you want you can repost this in the sale thread since you might get better/more replies
https://www.namepros.com/threads/com-net-4-17-registration-directnic-com.992706/

The live chart is not visible to me here. But I just want to know if they are not a bad registrar, I could wait for them to treat my matter.

Thanks and cheers.

•••
Are you showing as owner of the name in whois?

•••
•••
OK then no issue, they will get to it : smile :

•••
OK Thanks. My only challenge is that I needed to get more domains before closing the promo. Or do you know of any other promo somewhere good?

Last edited:
•••
Right now this is the best deal, and the promo could end any time so I would prod them quick to fix it.
Do you have skype or some Int'l calling plan? That's maybe best if chat isn't working for you
Need Help? Call us at +1.877.856.9598 8am to 6pm CST M-F

•••
I considered regging a few names with Directnic with their $3.99 reg fee.

I've always stuck with the big registrars until recently when I tried some of the smaller ones to get the promo deals.

So far I've had issues with several.

Some minor and some not so much.

It's funny how things look from a different perspective.

I've been transferring away from Godaddy for a while now, but after trying some of the smaller registrars I am starting to think GD was not that bad after all.

You apparently get what you pay for.

Try to save a few $ with these promos and you wind up with a few headaches in the process.

I was asked for photos of several ID's and other personal info from another registrar and I refused to give this because I did not think it was necessary for them to have photos of this sensitive information in their system.

I am pretty sure my domains are lost and apparently my account is frozen until I give them what they want.

I talked about this in another thread, but I will not mention the name here because I was attacked by others in that thread who did not have the trouble I did.

At least not yet!

I am considering going back to the larger and more reputable registrars when my domains are up for renewal next.

I always said I did not mind paying a higher reg fee for the peace of mind of dealing with a good registrar and I changed that thinking recently just to get some of those cheap regs.

Boy those $1.99 promos are addicting, aren't they!!

I am complaining now, but I don't know if I will have the will power to resist another $1.99 promo.

•••
ID verification is something that can happen with any registrar, including GD.

Stick with established registrars. In the long run the 'promos' can cost you a lot in worries and time wasted.
I'm not saying Directnic isn't established or trustworthy BTW. But you have to find your own comfort zone.

•••
ID verification is something that can happen with any registrar, including GD.

Maybe, but I have been using them for years and have never been asked for it.

Tried some other new registrars and got requests for all kinds of photos of ID's and bank info.

Decided not to stay with them.

Not giving out photos of personal info to have it stolen from their servers.

Just not worth the risk to save a few bucks on a domain name reg.

You might have no problem with that, and that is cool.

•••
The account is unlocked this evening but there is problem of several auto log off each time I tried to click on any thing for amendment.

Last edited:
•••
Thank you for signing up at Directnic to take advantage of promotion we're running right now on .COM and .NET domains. I'm happy to hear that you were able to get your account issue resolved.

If you, or anyone else ever has any issues/problems with their Directnic account, feel free to contact me directly, [email protected].

Directnic has been in the domain business for over a decade, we just finished celebrating our 15 year anniversary. Come give us a visit at Directnic.com and register a few domains!

Regards,

Mike

Mike Robertson
Director of Business Development

•••
Thank you for signing up at Directnic to take advantage of promotion we're running right now on .COM and .NET domains. I'm happy to hear that you were able to get your account issue resolved.

If you, or anyone else ever has any issues/problems with their Directnic account, feel free to contact me directly, [email protected].

Directnic has been in the domain business for over a decade, we just finished celebrating our 15 year anniversary. Come give us a visit at Directnic.com and register a few domains!

Regards,

Mike

Mike Robertson

And now I got same problem. I sent email both to support and yours.Please solve this immediately. Thanks

•••
And now I got same problem. I sent email both to support and yours.Please solve this immediately. Thanks

Just got this resolved for you arzidan.

•••
•••

Regards,

Mike

Mike Robertson

my account close now after reg domain.
i join direcnic, i think a month ago, but yesterday i reg 2 domain.
but today i try login, my account close now.

•••
I got in
I hope you get it resolved soon

•••
@eko prasetio - sorry you have this issue : bummer :

They will fix it, usually within a day, be aware they are US Eastern so it is the weekend.

See the main thread for more details, I added a post for everyone to benefit, so thank you:
https://www.namepros.com/posts/6112648/

•••
Please i made a terrible mistake by registering different account on a single Gmail account([email protected]). I use faseyi1177 / Clement1177. And i just brought a new domain using the new account(Clement1177). Please any help you can render will be welcome. Thanks in advance.

•••
Back