Dynadot

I bought DomainNames.com from NetworkSolutions, but they took it back.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi, guys

I'm the buyer of DomainNames.com, I did the search via NetworkSolutions.com on 12.Feb, and found it's in their premium domain name lists with a very bargin price $2,577 (yes, it's a big bargain but a deal is a deal). Then I ordered it and paid via credit card.

This domain name is under control of New Ventures Services Corp and everyone knows it is NetworkSolutions/Web.com's warehousing company. All their domain names will be listed as premium domain names for sale on NetworkSolutions.com.

Once I made my order, Netsol sent me a order confirmation email. After 3 days, Networksolutions pushed the domain name into my Netsol account with a confirmation email to notify that my order has been completed, and I have the full control on it. I changed the DNS to my own hosting account.

But NetSol has removed it from my account today without any notifications nor explaination.

I will update further later.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
We need to put domains on a blockchain so no assholeism like this or Godaddy's monkey business that had cost me almost $1000 today can happen

Last edited:
•••
We need to put domains on a blockchain so no assholeism like this or Godaddy's monkey business that had cost me almost $1000 today can happen
What happend at Godaddy?

•••
Why didn`t you transfer out?

•••
Was everything ok with your transaction, until bloggers starting talking about it?

It takes 3 days to get auth codes from net sold.

•••
Network Solutions is such a shady company. This New Ventures Services Corp. is directly tied to them and just takes expired domains they want to keep, avoiding the ICANN intended drop cycle. There has been multiple comments about them in the past on forums and blogs.

In DomainIQ.com I can see the OP's WHOIS info on 2/15, so there is no doubt he controlled the domain after a legitimate transaction was made.

I think he has a valid claim to this domain.

- They owned it and put a price on it.
- He purchased it via a legitimate transaction and ownership was transferred to him.

I am not sure why they think they have the right to reclaim it.

If a pricing mistake was made on their end then tough luck. I can almost guarantee that they would not reverse a transaction from a 3rd party using their system, just because the seller was not satisfied with a price they set.

Brad

•••
Why didn`t you transfer out?

I manage all my domain names at Godaddy. So when I have this domain name in my account on 14th Feb (Beijing Timezone), I requested the auth code. Net Sol has a policy that they provide auth code in 3 days (not like other registrars provide auth code immediately by email). Today is the 3rd day, and they removed the domain name.

This domain name has under my control for 2 days.

•••
I manage all my domain names at Godaddy. So when I have this domain name in my account on 14th Feb (Beijing Timezone), I requested the auth code. Net Sol has a policy that they provide auth code in 3 days (not like other registrars provide auth code immediately by email). Today is the 3rd day, and they removed the domain name.

Yes, I figured it. Too bad for you.
If the big bloggers would have kept mounth shut you would have probably managed to transfer it away.

In this moment I don´t see you will have success getting it.

Last edited:
•••
Was everything ok with your transaction, until bloggers starting talking about it?

It takes 3 days to get auth codes from net sold.

Yes, everything is ok and I didn't think they would do so. I have this domain name transferred into my account on 14th Feb, I changed the DNS to my own hosting. I left the whois details open to public and prepared to transfer it to Godaddy. I didn't notice there's a blog post about this, a reputable domain broker told me on Skype today when we are in negotiation about a mid 6 figure domain name (I'm the potential buyer) and I told this broker I have acquired DomainNames.com. By clicking the link he shown me, I read that blog post but I didn't realize what's going to happen until I tried to login my account and to change the DNS from hostgator to my VPS hosting.

•••
Yes, I figured it. Too bad for you.
If the big bloggers would have kept mounth shut you would have probably managed to transfer it away.

In this moment I don´t see you will have success getting it.

Thanks! Honestly, I don't blame the bloggers because I believe this is a legimate purchase and I don't have anything needs to be worried. I left the whois open to public, I told some of my domaining friends about this deal.

•••
@owntype i'm shocked with this!

I never liked network solutions that's why i don't even have a account with them and cases like this is why i avoid them.

I'm not a lawyer but if it was me i would seek a good lawyer and sue their ass this is unacceptable i would proceed with legal action and wouldn't let go this is one of those cases that even if i went broke fighting network solutions i would fight until the end of my life.

I hope you get the domain back have my fingers crossed for you and you have my full support hope if you procced with legal auction hope you win and that network solutions lose BIG money when you hit their pocket is when you do the most damage and they won't forget it for a long time.

All the best to you.

Also good find at a great price.

•••
I would run this by John Berryhill or Ari Goldberger.

•••
@rafaelo0

Thank you for backing me up in this case. I would certainly see them in court.

•••
A couple years ago I had my eye on two Netsol names available at Namejet. I was waiting till the last minute to submit the backorder and they were on my screen. Then my computer locked up. I tried to reboot and log back in but it was taking a while with time running out i went to a tablet but apparently the order went through just a few seconds late. That attempted backorder triggered their warehousing operation and so with a premium price attached i sat on the sidelines. A year later I did manage to pick my favorite of those two names.

•••
But still not sure how the big corporate companies are used to manage their valuable domain names at Netsol. Worst registrar I've ever seen, Also if you transfer any aged domain (For Eg. Registered 1996) to Netsol, Subsequently the whois info will be replaced the creation year to the current year. Eg: Creation year 1996 and it will be replaced by 2018 if you transfer to Netsol in 2018.

Last edited:
•••
00.jpg

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

•••
very good that you have all the pictures!!! I was just wondering if you had any proof etc..

•••
Honestly I think this was a steal, very surprise it was that low in the first place.

I was expecting this to be a 5 figured deal minimum.

I think you have a great investment name.

Hope you get it back

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••

You can call NetSol to get Authorization code same day.

Sorry to hear about your loss. In last 2 months we heard lots of horror story about NetSol

•••
You can call NetSol to get Authorization code same day.

Sorry to hear about your loss. In last 2 months we heard lots of horror story about NetSol

Thank you!
Never know that. I actually haven't used Netsol for many years.

•••
Did they refund your money after they took it back?

•••
Thanks! Honestly, I don't blame the bloggers because I believe this is a legimate purchase and I don't have anything needs to be worried. I left the whois open to public, I told some of my domaining friends about this deal.

Hello Own, as the person who blogged about it I am sorry if it affected your transaction, I saw it posted here by Josh and thought like he did that it was a big purchase and a big deal.

If you need any publicity discussing this I will be happy to do a post and promote it on social media.

•••
Back