Domain Empire

I bought DomainNames.com from NetworkSolutions, but they took it back.

Spaceship
Watch
Hi, guys

I'm the buyer of DomainNames.com, I did the search via NetworkSolutions.com on 12.Feb, and found it's in their premium domain name lists with a very bargin price $2,577 (yes, it's a big bargain but a deal is a deal). Then I ordered it and paid via credit card.

This domain name is under control of New Ventures Services Corp and everyone knows it is NetworkSolutions/Web.com's warehousing company. All their domain names will be listed as premium domain names for sale on NetworkSolutions.com.

Once I made my order, Netsol sent me a order confirmation email. After 3 days, Networksolutions pushed the domain name into my Netsol account with a confirmation email to notify that my order has been completed, and I have the full control on it. I changed the DNS to my own hosting account.

But NetSol has removed it from my account today without any notifications nor explaination.

I will update further later.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I guess it comes down to exposure value, if this domain was valued at $10k or less, they may have let them keep it. Given network solutions is a multi billion dollar company in the domain names business it could be considered part of their core holdings for marketing.

They screwed up, no doubt about it, but what is their max exposure to damages here?

They know screw ups happen, and have set outlines within their TOS.

We have all had names takes back thru gtlds, godaddy auctions, NameJet etc... it is just never this type of domain at this cheap or price, so the thought of that acquired equity just being taken back is overwhelming.

I think if the domain had left network solutions you would have had options, but given it’s within their grasp, you weren’t going to win this. As for rep, and PR I don’t think they are too concerned from blowback from domainers.

Try to work out some kind of compensation package, maybe a credit to purchase domains in the future, you aren’t going to get much more out of pocket from them.

•••
New Ventures Services employee: Hey boss, let's price a lot of domain names with these prices, then if we see people congratulating the buyers or if they turn out to be a large corporation that could have afforded 6 figures, we just use the TOS to take them back.

Boss: It's almost too perfect, I see a promotion in your future.

I'm not sure I like any aspect of this statement even if it was made in jest. Discussing such things will give unscrupulous businesses ideas of how to take advantage of the system even more.

•••
@owntype what was the final conclusion to all of this?

•••
We need to put domains on a blockchain so no assholeism like this or Godaddy's monkey business that had cost me almost $1000 today can happen

peername.com check it out

•••
•••
Any update @owntype ?
When first I saw your signature I thought you got the name back so looked for this this thread and realized you did not.

•••
Wow @Kate - All of these sales went through though :O .. That's nuts.

I remember reading that thread all those years ago! Yep it was crazy. Different times back then. I was hand registering 5N .com's and chips. Bidding on 4N.com's only up to mid $xxx max. Of course at the time nobody had a clue there'd be a big boom for them one day.

•••
Hi, no update, Netsol simply keeps silence and ignores all the support tickets.
I acquired the singular version though.
Probably cost you a lot more.

•••
If the purchase was legitimate and completed, then you are the new owner.

If they take back the name, then t should be treated as a "Stolen Name"...

an you file a UDRP?
Or go to court.

The name should be valued more but that's their error.

It's crazy you own domainname.com too.... Nice

•••
Any update? Its been a while And the domain redirects to a parked page

•••
•••
Networstsolutions is putting the alleged domain for auction at Namecon with a reserve price of $300000
domaininvesting.com/network-solutions-list-domainnames-com-in-namescon-auction/

•••
NamesCon Rep says there is more to the story. dont believe everything you read on the internet.
which is unfortunately true, last time I trusted the internet too much I was sending money western Union to the king of Ardabil to release the billion rupees his ancestors left him.

but fact is , we should see the storey of the other side come on here and hash it out with the original poster, but no, they wont, they dont appear on here. just hide and lick the grease off their immoral paws. ( referring to netsol if story is true. )

Last edited:
•••
I have paid for many domains on many occasions that were already owned I recieived a refund and moved on. It will likely happen again with registras checking whois etc and not always detecting results being a common error.

•••
We need to put domains on a blockchain so no assholeism like this or Godaddy's monkey business that had cost me almost $1000 today can happen

Namecoin is a cryptocurrency that implements the top level domain .bit, which is independent of ICANN. Namecoin was mentioned by ICANN in a public draft report as the most well-known example of distributing control and privacy in DNS.... Wikipedia

FYI:
.bit currently needs "a bit of help" to work in most browsers.

•••
Thanks! Honestly, I don't blame the bloggers because I believe this is a legimate purchase and I don't have anything needs to be worried. I left the whois open to public, I told some of my domaining friends about this deal.
Have you contacted an attorney? I would be filing in court that next day. What's mine is mine period.

•••
It seems domainnames.com has been sold on namecon for $370000 USD!
As I said in another post "NamesCon Organiser" care only about there "commission"

It's sold, commission paid all the things are now past.

•••
It seems domainnames.com has been sold on namecon for $370000 USD!
Name now belongs to Frank Schiling & Uni, probably one of the top perfect end users.

THE END

•••
THis happened to me once with Name.com - found a real good one fully pronouncable and short for $25, they had it in the account a few hours then poof took it back without warning or anything, had to fight for a refund even. Lots of crookedness.

What was the name?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back