IT.COM

I am so new to domaining . . .

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Want2learn

Top Member
Impact
Okay, so am so new to domaining I am not even sure what to call this. I am actually pretty freaking excited writing about this. I am certain many of you will be like dude, newbies be like excited for nothing! LOL
Well I was curious about some of my domains, so I typed in the web address. That wasn't the exciting part. The exciting part was seeing the new landing page that @toughdomains has put out. I will admit I have given them and him their props in that past! I am receiving no money for this! Rudi has answered a million questions of mine, so I feel appreciative, so that is why I am writing this . . . along with the fact that I am freaking jacked. I love the new landing page. Now it is time to move all my landing pages to this format.

This is so you can see what I mean . . . blvq.com that has no logo. jfunk.com does have a logo.

So is Want2learn too easily pleased? LOL

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I also am curious about something . . .

Can I take anything from these analytics? Im sure there are some bot action there, but 13k visits seems like a lot. Google Adsense is not an option.

Domain Statistics
DOMAIN AGE

1 years
REGISTERED WITH

PDR LTD. D/B/A PUBLICDOMAINREGISTRY.COM
Visits Last 30 Days
Alexa rank
-
Backlinks
Offers Received

•••
@Want2learn thanks for the good vibes. As we mentioned much of the features we add now are feedback based so if you keep chatting we will keep listening.

•••
I also am curious about something . . .

Can I take anything from these analytics? Im sure there are some bot action there, but 13k visits seems like a lot. Google Adsense is not an option.

Domain Statistics
DOMAIN AGE

1 years
REGISTERED WITH

PDR LTD. D/B/A PUBLICDOMAINREGISTRY.COM
Visits Last 30 Days
Alexa rank
-
Backlinks
Offers Received

these visit numbers are raw visits and although we have blocked many bots from these metrics we are looking into cleaning it up more. we do have domains running on adsense and Google analytics and its really strange. Google analytics visits numbers are higher than Google Adsense numbers. You would think they would be the same or similar but wildly off. I guess when they have to pay you on visits Google wants the most conservative number. Our visits number can be compared to sedos traffic stats. Also if you dont like the visits you can turn them off in settings.

•••
I hate to be a party pooper but that landing page looks horrendous in my opinion, here's why;
  • Animated, flashing logo that belongs back in the 90's when Geocities was cool.
  • Random name in the header, that means nothing to me and where a menu should be.
  • Poor choice of colours that don't fit well together.
  • The description is just a one liner with lots of white space below it, this isn't selling the domain to me at all.
  • Page title just has "ToughDomains", again, means nothing to me as the visitor.
  • $null showing as prices, I assume this is meant to be "Make Offer".
  • Are the number of visits even accurate? I'm sure most are bots so the traffic analysis is wrong.
All that combined and the general look and feel is just not professional.

•••
I hate to be a party pooper but that landing page looks horrendous in my opinion, here's why;
  • Animated, flashing logo that belongs back in the 90's when Geocities was cool.
  • Random name in the header, that means nothing to me and where a menu should be.
  • Poor choice of colours that don't fit well together.
  • The description is just a one liner with lots of white space below it, this isn't selling the domain to me at all.
  • Page title just has "ToughDomains", again, means nothing to me as the visitor.
  • $null showing as prices, I assume this is meant to be "Make Offer".
  • Are the number of visits even accurate? I'm sure most are bots so the traffic analysis is wrong.
All that combined and the general look and feel is just not professional.
No surprise there, I do think it is a work in progress. The animated logo was my choice. It is kind of funky, just like its name. You don't think green and white fit well? What colors do you mean? I do agree the one line description could use some help. That may be my fault as I have not put any descriptions in:(
The null concern is valid. I do have some BIN prices that are showing up as null. Ill follow up with TD. I have some domains that have few visits. So that question about visits is valid, I asked as well. If domain a has 10k visits and domain b has 100, if we discount the 10k does that mean 100 is also invalid?

But i love the look!

•••
@Dave all valid points. want2learn has not set up all the features that comes with the page. the null is a bug we are fixing that just means want2learn has not set a price for that domain. We are changing null to not priced. But everything on this page can be customized or removed in sales settings. Here is a page I cant guarentee you will like the logo...logos are subjective

http://yhala.com/offers

Again all good feedback Dave Ill talk to the team about it to make it better.

•••
Very nice!! Thanks for the feedback!

•••
As I mentioned in the previous post our visits are similar to sedo visits and yes we have filtered a ton of bots but there are always more coming in. If you dont like to show visits you can remove it in settings.

•••
I like the effort tough domains is showing. It's not easy to grow a site these days especially with the big boys on the block.

I try not to judge aesthetics because they are in the eye of the beholder. Functionality and customization options are more useful generally.

I appreciate the dialogue. It would be great to see TD score the touchdown.

Now for a small punch list......

- You know about the null price item
- Having a BIN page start off with May Be For Sale might be confusing.
- Might move top div to the bottom

I'll maybe test drive it sometime soon.

Best of luck!

Oh and P.S. @Want2learn...you Crack me up..in a really good way...and TD, thanks for the twitter follow!

•••
@Silentptnr
the this domain maybe for sale is what most other services use and it seems to be more UDRP compliant so it is what we went with.
what do you mean by "Might move top div to the bottom"
thanks for your comment about competing with the big boys.
I dont know of any of the big boys who even offer a page with any of these features.
Can anyone reply with a company that offers a domain for sales page with different domain api data points that you can add and remove and allows a logo to be uploaded?

•••
Top div meant top section with user branding. Should maybe start page with the offered domain. Now, I haven't seen the backend yet so it might be configurable already.

•••
you can remove almost everything on the page.
So the store logo and all the contact info at the top can be removed and it would be a blank white bar.
I removed everything at the top in settings so it would look like this
http://transferhotels.com/offers
Again really appreciate the feedback so keep it coming. We have been so focused on pulling in all this api data and making it fully customized with logos and escrow that we didnt even notice things like browser title which is an easy fix to pulling in domain name.

Last edited:
•••
If you look at my landing pages on wywa.com and alln.com you'll see that the bin page doesn't have may be for sale.

•••
•••
Got it! yes we have what we call "classic page" which doesnt have any of the domain stats and you can choose btw this page and the basic page. wanted to offer much more than just a basic page but still give you the option to select what you want. We off that page totally free forever with and allow you to add a logo. the classic page with domain logo is free feature we offer to all users (not free trial).
We can move the "this domain is for sale" text above the domain name and allow users to customize it...thats a good feature request and Ill add it to the roadmap.

•••
Got it! yes we have what we call "classic page" which doesnt have any of the domain stats and you can choose btw this page and the basic page. wanted to offer much more than just a basic page but still give you the option to select what you want. We off that page totally free forever with and allow you to add a logo. the classic page with domain logo is free feature we offer to all users (not free trial).
We can move the "this domain is for sale" text above the domain name and allow users to customize it...thats a good feature request and Ill add it to the roadmap.
Thanks for providing your service!

•••
If you look at my landing pages on wywa.com and alln.com you'll see that the bin page doesn't have may be for sale.
On that page it has $14995 and then $1495. Min offer is ok 1495, but want it now 14995? Is min offer 10% of bin?

•••
We just pushed an update we have resolved these issues

1. null price now shows "make an offer" text in other domains by seller
2. we updated the Browser title to dynamically pull in the domain name

•••
•••
Nice. Gives me some things to think about with more conversations about landing pages here lately.

The name toughdomains can have a few different perceptions about it with being up to the challenge one I can think of.
Perhaps a landing page for thecargo.xyz or galaxypallazo.com are in order?
:-D

•••
still wanted to get some info on this comment I made

"Can anyone reply with a domain tool that offers a "domain for sales page" with escrow and buy now, min offer options and has different domain api data points that you can add and remove and allows a logo to be uploaded on the sales page?"

•••
Hi @toughdomains good landing page (but can be even better), i recently found this thread it's basically a member teaching how to set up landing page like yours (here's a more detailed explanation for who ever's interested). Check out this landing page www.olympicrv.com this namepros member created, he did a excellent job maybe you can better your landing pages from this one.

The only thing i would chance in www.olympicrv.com would be adding a make offer option next to the other options i feel like he could have explain better that a buyer can also make a offer for the domain.

@Silentptnr i visited wywa.com, i know efty has great lading pages and service but never know you could customize it to that point (y)

•••
Hi @toughdomains good landing page (but can be even better), i recently found this thread it's basically a member teaching how to set up landing page like yours (here's a more detailed explanation for who ever's interested). Check out this landing page www.olympicrv.com this namepros member created, he did a excellent job maybe you can better your landing pages from this one.

The only thing i would chance in www.olympicrv.com would be adding a make offer option next to the other options i feel like he could have explain better that a buyer can also make a offer for the domain.

@Silentptnr i visited wywa.com, i know efty has great lading pages and service but never know you could customize it to that point (y)

that page looks good I do like the payment plan option. its still missing the following:

-a free cloud based hosted page (you need to have technical experience to install a php script and pay for hosting)
-the ability to park your name and still have a hosted for sale page
-domain age
-escrow integration
-ability to upload a domain logo
-alexa rank
-back links
-make offer or min offer features
-buy now or make offer features
-other domains you sell
-responsive design to work on all devices
-UDRP compliant text
-captcha on all forms to prevent robots from sending forms
-track the ip and geo target of the sender to see where he is located

this page has all these features built in with the ability for you to turn any of them on and off.

Last edited:
•••
@toughdomains your right it could still be a bit upgraded but all of this depends on the domain owner, buyer and seller vision, you cant have the perfect landing page (product) there will be people that will like it because it has so much information and there are people who wont like it because it has to much information (could be more simpler) it all depends of the individual's taste you can't please every one. :xf.smile:

Also there is no need to add all the features you mention, sometimes the more information you add the more confusing it starts to get for the customer and more bugs (problems) start to appear.

Don't forget most times a buyer is reaching to buy your domain not because the stats it has or searches etc... they reach you because they like the domain, it brings enormous benefits, to secure their brand, because of security, etc.. Also they already did all research on you and the domain so all the stats etc.. on the landing page doesn't matter to them. I think the most influence thing that in your landing page is a logo and a vision of the brand it can become (this is just my opinion).

The features you mention that i would add is:

-escrow integration
-ability to upload a domain logo
-make offer (a box next to the lease box)
-other domains you sell
-responsive design to work on all devices
-UDRP compliant text
-make min offer

You can create 1 shared host and use a plan that lets you add domains, this way you just need to pay for 1 hosting plan and create landing pages for all your domains.

Don't see the need for the parking feature (this is my opinion). Also you might be diverging in your goal your becoming more of a parking company and not focusing on the landing page (but its still a good alternative to be able to park the domains)

Domain age can be added but not that important almost every one even end users search whois for the domain.

alexa rank don't need

back links don't need

-buy now or make offer features you can just add a make offer box next to the lease one.

Keep up the great work (y)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back