Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

Hyphenation devaluation, how significant is it?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

slaughterbeck

Established Member
Impact
110
I would like to discuss hyphenated domains versus their non hyphenated counterparts.

In this example let’s use the popular site ScreenSaver.com, I don’t know what the site itself is worth but for our examples sake let’s say the domain is worth $10.000.

My question is what is Screen-Saver.com worth using the hyphen based on the theoretical $10K value of the non hyphenated ScreenSaver.com domain?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unstoppable Domains — AI StorefrontUnstoppable Domains — AI Storefront
divide by at least 100
 
0
•••
Dividing it by 100 is an awfully lot...That would mean it is only worth $100. I think it really depends on the keywords, but in your example, I would say it would be around $500, so I guess that would be 1/20th range.

Tom
 
0
•••
Nice post Slaughterbeck.
 
0
•••
I personally dont like hypen names for one reason : not easy to brand. I haven't seen one good brand with a hypen in it.
 
0
•••
And at this point: what is ScreenSaver.net worth?
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back