IT.COM

discuss HugeDomains grabbed my backorder...Sketchy???

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I backordered a domain that was not very known through Godaddy
I kept getting emails that they were trying to capture the name

A little white ago I got an emailing saying they were not successful.
After research, i see that the name now forwards to HugeDomains.com

1. This isn't a name they would just know without some headsup.
  2. Is there a website where you can view names people have backordered??????
  3. Are they using some independent software not just to catch names, but to view names people have backordered and intentionally go after those?
  4. Do they have some backdoor access or connection with people in high places? They are not going after name they want. They are going after names and sniping names you show interest in.

..................Apart from Godaddy..what are the other places to backorder and the prices?

I know you can't win every backorder, but Something smells fishy about huge domains.

Fishes eventually find themselves in a net. keep it up low integrity pirana.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
DropCatch SnapNames

GoDaddy is not known for their dropcatching

I do not think GD would risk giving access to someone to see backorders. HugeDomains goes after all types of names, if your name was totally meaningless like pke654t4.com then maybe you are right, however, I learned the hard way that if I want a name strong enough I backorder it several places.

•••
DropCatch SnapNames

GoDaddy is not known for their dropcatching

I do not think GD would risk giving access to someone to see backorders. HugeDomains goes after all types of names, if your name was totally meaningless like pke654t4.com then maybe you are right, however, I learned the hard way that if I want a name strong enough I backorder it several places.
Thanks... I would if i had the capital.

•••
what is the domain name ?

•••
This isn't a name they would just know without some headsup.
It was still in the public pendingdelete lists, which should be the reason why HD might queue it for grab (with some extra criterias). I do not think that GoDaddy shares their backorders with HD, as it makes no sense, they charged for it... GD also owns "dropcatching" registrars like "Go Montenegro domains" and a few others with similar branding. In fact they do grab some domains which were not wanted by anybody else anywhere.

Last edited:
•••
Don’t doubt it, bigger fishes eat smaller ones, just like that.

•••
Frontrunning is still running wild, and sometimes from the names you won't expect.

(my own experience)

•••
I backordered a domain that was not very known through Godaddy
I kept getting emails that they were trying to capture the name

Was the name registered at godaddy -- and did it go to auction?

GD isn't known for catching domains. They can't even catch their own names.

I use Snapnames and DropCatch.

•••
There were some talk that godaddy backorder is slower than hand reg becuase they allocate no resources at all for backordering. Try the bulk backorder at drop catch. It is not expensive

•••
godaddy backorder is slower than hand reg

I think I had that experience... it's been several years, so I don't 100% remember, but I think I had a backorder on a domain at GoDaddy, and then on the day it was going to become available, I checked the whois to see if GoDaddy got it... but saw that it was available and I could simply register it myself, so I did.

Then I had to phone later for something else, and also asked how often their system tries to catch a domain, and the rep put me on hold while he asked... and came back and said maybe only once or twice a day.

OP, for whatever reason you wanted the domain, HugeDomains must have also seen that the name was desirable/sellable.

GoDaddy's backorder is just extremely slow, and they wouldn't bother helping HugeDomains for a backorder, because GoDaddy wouldn't even get any money out of that... HugeDomains would use its own registrar to register/catch the domain.

Last edited:
•••
This isn't a name they would just know without some headsup.
When it comes to deleting domain names, the information is public. You may not have been the only one interested in the domain name

There is no single site to see what domain names people have backordered because people use various backordering services that are in competition with each other.

Most experienced dropcatchers have their own software, databases and metrics. They don't worry about what someone else has backordered. Their single objective is to catch the domain names they are targeting.

Apart from Godaddy..what are the other places to backorder and the prices?
When it comes to dropcatching, Godaddy isn't a major player. It has major percentage of expiring domain names and if these are good domain names with traffic, they will generally go to auction rather than being deleted. The large dropcatching operations have multiple registrars so that they have a better chance of catching a deleting domain name. It is a numbers game. The more registrars, the more connections to the registry backend and the higher the probability that they could beat the opposition.

I know you can't win every backorder, but Something smells fishy about huge domains.
It is a rite of passage for domainers to blame everyone else because they did not get domain name they wanted. :) HugeDomains is very good at what it does. There are various interviews with Mike Mann (fixed reference) and threads here about him and about HD. Watch or read some of them.

Regards...jmcc

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
what is the domain name ?

•••
It’s not first time I backorder or dropcatch a good domain, it always results in nothing in my pockets.

•••
If you backorder a domain at godaddy and then the domain expires, the domain will go to auction and you will be the first, high bidder at $10. However, someone could come along and bid more than this, which would generate an email to you since you were the initial bidder. Could this be what happened?

•••
I backordered a domain ... through Godaddy
Sorry, but who even does do it? The weakest backorderer, even Dynadot is much better.

•••
Sorry, but who even does do it? The weakest backorderer, even Dynadot is much better.
What are the top 5 places to backorder?

•••
•••
Dropcatch
Snapnames
Hexonet
Sav
Catchservice
Dynadot

I thought Sav was new? I'm guessing it has been successful for alot of people....

Thanks alot!

•••
dropcatch or snapnames
All other are far away...

•••
I bet you typed it in everywhere you went.

•••
I bet you typed it in everywhere you went.
for .com .net that's it !
and that's the case for years...

I order for myself thousands .com monthly and it's near to always dc or sn cztching it.
for other tld it's different...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back