IT.COM

HowTo: Avoid Forum Trolls RIGHT HERE

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Doughmange

Established Member
Impact
Hey guys.

So I realized very quickly that 70% of these threads are great informational reads, and the rest is just bait by gTLD trolls that want to argue the finer points of why balls.horse is an amazing domain.

There is also often the 'know-it-all' that would rather bait members into a fist-fight rather than be helpful or insightful. Why even reply?

I have also found that the taigachat/chat box can be extremely annoying and filled with troll bait.

I long to be the ultimate lurker, so I found a solution.

A little Chrome extension plugin called "StyleBot".

When you install stylebot, you can modify the appearance of any website on your end. I didn't like the 'chat room' here so I removed it!

I am 100% fine with reading posts and not joining into the troll-bait conversation, so I removed my ability to reply/comment to threads.

If you are like me and LOVE to lurk without temptation, install stylebot and use the following code;

Code:
{"*":{"_enabled":false,"_rules":{}},"www.namepros.com":{"_enabled":true,"_rules":{"div.quickReply.message":{"display":"none"},"div.secondaryContent h3":{"display":"none"},"div.taigachat_thumbzoom":{"display":"none"}}}}

Options > Backup > Import Styles

Drop that code in and enjoy your lurkiness.

<3<3<3<3<3<3

So you're not going to respond here, what if I have questions?

Hmmm, use your keen sense of wonder and curiosity and explore! You will figure it out on your own I am sure. :)

What if I don't have a keen sense of wonder and curiousity? (lol)

Then seek the all-knowing YouTube.

Here is a great 20 minute video that has 3 views. This person spent 20 minutes making a video with three views; time well spent!

for any business you should learn how to be cool and professional
187959.jpg

^cool & professional. :dead:

GTLD's are here and will be whether you dislike or not, there maybe just .com supporters and also gTLD ones telling both advantages and disadvantages, so you can't insult others via calling gTLD trolls.

:troll:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So you're not going to respond here? What if I have questions?

•••
Hmmm, use your keen sense of wonder and curiosity and explore! You will figure it out on your own I am sure. :)
What if I don't have a keen sense of wonder and curiousity? (lol)
Nice coding!

•••
It seems you couldn't realize very quickly.

Sure, general of the forum is very informative and welcoming new users with lots of information. But having a discussion is a good key to understand what's going on both parts.

GTLD's are here and will be whether you dislike or not, there maybe just .com supporters and also gTLD ones telling both advantages and disadvantages, so you can't insult others via calling gTLD trolls.

On the other hand, sometimes there're really good conversations getting on local chat, maybe you've faced some funny situations.

Your geeky tip is being appreciated by the way, but for any business you should learn how to be cool and professional, even if you see a troll on your front, you should know how to deal with them.

Also, rather than being a long time lurker, it's better to share your knowledge and experience.

Good luck with your pro aspiration.

Last edited:
•••
Perfect example of why I lurk instead of 'being cool and professional' in 'really good' conversations.

PM:

187959.jpg

Hello,

I didn't want to post another comment on thread, cos' this would be unnecessary to discuss there.

My picture is fair enough as yours, you maybe forget that here still is a forum, and this is a personal account, do you think i should put a picture of a business man for being cool and professional?

I've made an explanation with a formal style, you can agree and disagree with people, but you can't call them a troll if you don't accept others opinions, that means you have no toleration.

Will be glad if you can edit and correct your post.

Best Regards.

Ughhhh.

Going back to lurking. Bye.

•••
Perfect example of why I lurk instead of 'being cool and professional' in 'really good' conversations.

PM:

187959.jpg

Ughhhh.

Going back to lurking. Bye.
Lol, thought it was going to be a PM asking you on a date at first.

•••
Also, rather than being a long time lurker, it's better to share your knowledge and experience.

A great reason not to lurk but to each his own. :)

•••
Thanks for proving yourself to us that you're trolling instead of avoiding forum trolls right here.

Note that, you're not a troll, but a newbie aspiring troll : )

Good luck.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back