domain HowHas.com - $1,250,000 Appraisal By NameWorth

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlineDomainShop

ETHW.ComTop Member
Impact
14,190,000,000 search results , I know NameWorth tool is not right here , Estibot says 2200 on this one , Its an incomplete sentence but can be used for Question sites , Like HowHas? , BTW its my hand reg just spent 5.99 on this one , need your comments and comments from nameworth owner also :xf.grin:

HowHas.PNG

howhas-nw.PNG

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I already said not even comparing my name with HowTo ...

HowHasClimateChanged ?
HowHasHeBeen ?
HowHasJapanBecomeadevelopedCountry
HowHasGoogleAffectedourlives ?

I just make a point These long questions can be on a one Platform with short name HowHas.com which has an answer of all these HowHas long questions !!

How Has, How Is, How Was, why is, why was, what is, what was...

There are endless similar potential domains in that format.

Brad

•••
How Has, How Is, How Was, why is, why was, what is, what was...

There are endless similar potential domains in that format.

Brad

All taken. I like whatIs btw

•••
Breaking this down a bit using Ubersuggest to compare some things...

How much

"how much house can I afford" 200k volume, people looking at buying mortgages
"how much is my car worth" 40k volume, people looking to sell their cars are probably planning to buy new cars
"how much do i need to retire" 14k volume, finance, lots of big niches to capture here with "how much".

How many
"how many ounces in a cup" 600k volume, lots of informational keywords like this with tons of volume, but Google probably answers a lot of these questions at the top of the search results anyways. I'm sure there's still lots of worthwhile longtail keywords to dig up here tho.

How to
"how to lower blood pressure" 110k, and this one would have tons of results for all of the biggest niches far beyond just health.

All of those lead to longtail keywords with commercial potential and have tons and tons of volume.

"How has" doesn't have the volume, and it's looking into the past so the intent is quite a bit different for searches, too. You can probably come up with obscure "how has" questions, but who is searching for them?

I would crawl through glass to own any of the other ones mentioned here and even ones like HowCan.com, HowShould.com, HowDoes.com, but "How Has" just doesn't have it imo.

I know you aren't trying to compare your name to these, but there's a reason these ones have value in developing them, and it seems like "how has" is missing that reason, I hope you're right about it though!

Last edited:
•••
Breaking this down a bit using Ubersuggest to compare some things...

How much

"how much house can I afford" 200k volume, people looking at buying mortgages
"how much is my car worth" 40k volume, people looking to sell their cars are probably planning to buy new cars
"how much do i need to retire" 14k volume, finance, lots of big niches to capture here with "how much".

How many
"how many ounces in a cup" 600k volume, lots of informational keywords like this with tons of volume, but Google probably answers a lot of these questions at the top of the search results anyways. I'm sure there's still lots of worthwhile longtail keywords to dig up here tho.

How to
"how to lower blood pressure" 110k, and this one would have tons of results for all of the biggest niches far beyond just health.

All of those lead to longtail keywords with commercial potential and have tons and tons of volume.

"How has" doesn't have the volume, and it's looking into the past so the intent is quite a bit different for searches, too. You can probably come up with obscure "how has" questions, but who is searching for them?

I would crawl through glass to own any of the other ones mentioned here and even ones like HowCan.com, HowShould.com, HowDoes.com, but "How Has" just doesn't have it imo.

I know you aren't trying to compare your name to these, but there's a reason these ones have value in developing them, and it seems like "how has" is missing that reason, I hope you're right about it though!

I don't know why you guys are comparing How Has which is just a fragment of sentences with super names like How To How is etc...

I just said it can be a micro niche site which has some questions like " how has your day been" which is the only one pattern i tried on ubersuggest and it shows 480 searches... I never said I am selling it for xxxxx , i already said in opening comment that it is incomplete structure name which is a starting fragment of many questions.

I am still awaiting answer from NameWorth Owner BTW :-P

•••
@OnlineDomainShop Haha fair enough, I'm not trying to hound you on this or anything. I don't see any commercial intent with any of the "how has" questions, I think that'll be the biggest challenge you face. This was for you to develop, right?

If I may offer a bit more unsolicited advice... I would strongly encourage you, if you're going to do a tiny niche with only a handful of keywords that have low volume to choose from, make sure the keywords have some type of commercial intent behind them. Someone typing "How has technology helped us" isn't looking to buy new headphones or anything else the same way someone searching "How much do airpods cost?" is, that's what I was trying to highlight when comparing them.

I don't think the issue with HowHas is that there are 0 keywords, I think the issue is that the keywords that exist aren't really worth ranking for. You can put in all the effort to develop it, but for what? The 3 people a day that search "how has hip hop changed"? Even at that, you're going up against some super-powerful domains, for something with super-low reward.

Just wanna toss out some numbers, then I'll leave you alone :P

- Even if you get all of the traffic for all of the "how has" keywords, that's really not that many people each day. Even "how has your day been" only has about 15 people searching for it per day.

- There's probably not a lot of advertisers spending a lot on these keywords, so maybe you'll get what.. $1 or $2 rpm? Maaaybe $3? Let's say $10 per 1000 visitors just to be super generous.

- So if you wanted to make $10 a month on this site, you'd need about 33 visitors per day. Let's say you rank #1 for "how has your day been", that brings you about 15 per day assuming every single person searching for it clicks over to your site. Then you get another 3 per day for "how has hip hop changed" if you manage to outrank the daily beast, redbull.com, etc...

- It takes earning a hugely inflated RPM of $10 on a bunch of keywords that don't have commercial intent... and it takes ranking #1 for basically all of the "how has..." keywords that get 70-480 volume per month, AND getting all of the traffic from them everyday to click your site in the search results.... just to get to $10 a month.

It's going to be an uphill battle, my friend.

PS - I'm not saying $10 can't be a worthwhile sum of money to chase, I'm just saying if you're going to go through all of that effort and you need several nearly-impossible things to happen just to get to $10, there are much better niches to target.

•••
@OnlineDomainShop Haha fair enough, I'm not trying to hound you on this or anything. I don't see any commercial intent with any of the "how has" questions, I think that'll be the biggest challenge you face. This was for you to develop, right?

If I may offer a bit more unsolicited advice... I would strongly encourage you, if you're going to do a tiny niche with only a handful of keywords that have low volume to choose from, make sure the keywords have some type of commercial intent behind them. Someone typing "How has technology helped us" isn't looking to buy new headphones or anything else the same way someone searching "How much do airpods cost?" is, that's what I was trying to highlight when comparing them.

I don't think the issue with HowHas is that there are 0 keywords, I think the issue is that the keywords that exist aren't really worth ranking for. You can put in all the effort to develop it, but for what? The 3 people a day that search "how has hip hop changed"? Even at that, you're going up against some super-powerful domains, for something with super-low reward.

- Even if you get all of the traffic for all of the "how has" keywords, that's really not that many people each day. Even "how has your day been" only has about 15 people searching for it per day.

- There's probably not a lot of advertisers spending a lot on these keywords, so maybe you'll get what.. $1 or $2 rpm? Maaaybe $3? Let's say $10 per 1000 visitors just to be super generous.

- So if you wanted to make $10 a month on this site, you'd need about 33 visitors per day. Let's say you rank #1 for "how has your day been", that brings you about 15 per day assuming every single person searching for it clicks over to your site. Then you get another 3 per day for "how has hip hop changed" if you manage to outrank the daily beast, redbull.com, etc...

- It takes earning a hugely inflated RPM of $10 on a bunch of keywords that don't have commercial intent... and it takes ranking #1 for basically all of the "how has..." keywords that get 70-480 volume per month, AND getting all of the traffic from them everyday to click your site in the search results.... just to get to $10 a month.

PS - I'm not saying $10 can't be a worthwhile sum of money to chase, I'm just saying if you're going to go through all of that effort and you need several nearly-impossible things to happen just to get to $10, there are much better niches to target.

I got on this one now , Now it shows me some solid points now , thanks...(y)

•••
According to NameBio -

"HowTo" -

299 Total Sales
$287.6k

"HowHas" -

No sales.

It is just a bad comparison.

Brad

Extremely good post, simple, and backed up with relevant market data. How do I give a double-like?

•••
Host it and see the millions not coming.

•••

I love these posts, opinions backed up with facts and relevant market data.

•••
howhasthisdomainnotbeenregistered.com is more valuable that howhas.com purely for the comedy value.

•••
I already said not even comparing my name with HowTo ...

HowHasClimateChanged ?
HowHasHeBeen ?
HowHasJapanBecomeadevelopedCountry
HowHasGoogleAffectedourlives ?

I just make a point These long questions can be on a one Platform with short name HowHas.com which has an answer of all these HowHas long questions !!
How do your phrases function in a profitable way?

How To Drive

How To Game

How To Code

All these have plausible revenue generating models, How Has is past tense, and more information based. It’s great to see that 7 figure amount, but nobody will cash that check.

•••
How do your phrases function in a profitable way?

How To Drive

How To Game

How To Code

All these have plausible revenue generating models, How Has is past tense, and more information based. It’s great to see that 7 figure amount, but nobody will cash that check.

7 figures? It's not worth $7 imo...

•••
Agreed, I was talking about his appraisal... it’s great to see such an amount when you appraise your domain, but nobody is cashing that check, so the appraisal tool can’t make the phrase so it looks like it separates the words for some kind of generic one word appraisal.

Appraisals are a big issue, everyone is quoting godaddy appraisals and want 90 percent of the appraisal value, and people are bidding based on appraisals, and in a few years many are in for a rude awakening when they appraisals don’t match the willingness of buyers to pay up.

Last edited:
•••

Haha you are making fun of my names here and in direct messages You back out of PhotosFromspace.com deal for 50$ saying You cannot pay 50$ using paypal ...BTW thanks for all comments I am learning more .... Keep it up

•••
Quick the dot net dot org I am sure still available.

•••
Some people are taking it personal and they even don't know i created this post to get some views from Nameworth owner lol

•••
Haha you are making fun of my names here and in direct messages You back out of PhotosFromspace.com deal for 50$ saying You cannot pay 50$ using paypal ...BTW thanks for all comments I am learning more .... Keep it up
That is a bit uncool.

•••
Agreed, I was talking about his appraisal... it’s great to see such an amount when you appraise your domain, but nobody is cashing that check, so the appraisal tool can’t make the phrase so it looks like it separates the words for some kind of generic one word appraisal.

Appraisals are a big issue, everyone is quoting godaddy appraisals and want 90 percent of the appraisal value, and people are bidding based on appraisals, and in a few years many are in for a rude awakening when they appraisals don’t match the willingness of buyers to pay up.

My biggest problems with GD appraisals are:
  1. There are no dates, and when you do the research many sales are from 10 years ago
  2. The past sales are only from GD (correct me if wrong)
However, the GD appraisals are a useful "guide"

•••
I just would feel guilt passing it on.
My site might do the same on words so it is not unique to any one program it just isn't human and the humans in here aren't buying it.

Last edited:
•••
My biggest problems with GD appraisals are:
  1. There are no dates, and when you do the research many sales are from 10 years ago
  2. The past sales are only from GD (correct me if wrong)
However, the GD appraisals are a useful "guide"
Agreed, but when are a new investor, and punching in $9 reg fee names, and getting $800-$1500 outputs you are going to get a bit carried away.

Also the godaddy appraisal tool actually does a disservice to more valuable domains by bulking them in with lower end sales. For the most part most sales go unreported in sales history, if you follow Mike Mann’s sales he constantly proves that tool wrong.

The tool does do some good for a quick reference, but I feel it does more harm than good, and for that reason that’s why I think it’s bad thing. It has helped godaddys bottom line in registrations, and pushed auction prices higher as people tend to spend more with comps, or indicatiors.

I know if a recession hits there will be a lot of newbie, and veterans taking huge losses on forced sales based on recent buys, to pay for their renewals, or other expenses.

•••
I'm surprised that such a massive industry as domains, in such a powerful category as computing, doesn't have a better publicly-available domain name valuation standard. Surely there are private individuals with advanced coding knowledge or "a magic formula" who have a domain value algorithm calculator, but why nothing public? We can for cars, houses, boats, guns, coins, baseball memorabilia, and so on....

We can fly spaceships to Mars, guide robots to the Titanic and electronically access information in the human brain, and yet, with all the millions of data resources available we can't create an industry-standard domain name estimate value tool. Why?

Also, Mike Mann?

•••
I'm surprised that such a massive industry as domains, in such a powerful category as computing, doesn't have a better publicly-available domain name valuation standard. Surely there are private individuals with advanced coding knowledge or "a magic formula" who have a domain value algorithm calculator, but why nothing public? We can for cars, houses, boats, guns, coins, baseball memorabilia, and so on....

We can fly spaceships to Mars, guide robots to the Titanic and electronically access information in the human brain, and yet, with all the millions of data resources available we can't create an industry-standard domain name estimate value tool. Why?

Also, Mike Mann?
Because real value is decided by Buyer , If any like the sh.t name he will buy it no matter which tool appraise it at what value , few months ago someone said i even dont pay 1$ for my domain findable.net and name was sold for 3k on afternic , it is the buyer who decides the value , I remember the guy but dont want to tag anyone ...

•••
How has this thread gotten so long?

8)

•••
•••
Wow, this just topped my recent discrepancy found between Estibot and GoDaddy appraisers: 100K+

upload_2019-10-3_8-58-23.png

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back