IT.COM

discuss How would you develop this?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

slader23

Always On The Bleeding Edge.Top Member
Impact
Hey NP's,

I've got an aged exact match medical condition domain and rather than try and sell it right away, I was thinking about doing something different for a change and taking a couple of hours every day to work on developing it to take advantage of it's potential.

Clearly there is use for it as an info site but I was wondering what more could I do because there are products like insoles and orthotic shoes to help treat the condition.

Here is the domain name:

Metatarsalgia.com
(regged since 1998)
Volume: 60,500/mo | CPC: $0.47| Low competition
Buydomains.com owns the .net and has listed for sale at a price of $1088.

Longtails like "Metarsalgia Pain" or "Metatarsalgia Shoes" get thousands of monthly searches.

It's a tough name to spell (if you can't spell metatarsal) but gets some traffic and will get clicks every now and then when parked.

I'd really appreciate any advice on the best ways to develop and monetize this domain name!

Regards,

Slader

INFO ON THE CONDITION: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/metatarsalgia/home/ovc-20262199

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • Affiliate + info website?
  • Something like a dropship website
  • Create an e-commerce websote

•••
  • Affiliate + info website?
  • Something like a dropship website
  • Create an e-commerce websote

Cool, I like the info+affiliate idea. Seems like the least complex to start with. Have you ever built an affiliate?

•••
.....I damaged my metatarsal ligament during an army exercise once......very painful...!!

•••
Cool, I like the info+affiliate idea. Seems like the least complex to start with. Have you ever built an affiliate?
Not seriously no. I did a Twitter account for affiliate sales and started getting some decent traction including follows and engagements but then something else came up and I did not pursue it for long...

•••
•••
I would forget that I own this domain name and come back later on after 3 or 4 days. (If you can't forget alcohol is your friend and you can come back in 2 hours)

Search for it as a potential end user or internet surfer.

Take screenshots or note down data into notepad if you are sober enough.

Take a look at it tomorrow morning and you will have exactly the perfect answer that you will want.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back