IT.COM

question How to turn parking on and off in Afternic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm trying out the Beta Godaddy/Afternic integration and after listing some domains and logging into Afternic I was asked to provide payment information for parking, which I did, in case I decide to run ads on some of my domains. I would assume one has the option to not run ads on the landers but I can't find anywhere to turn them on and off (currently not seeing any ads, just that the domains are listed in Afternic in the 'Parked' section of the dashboard). Anyone know how to turn ads/parking on/off? Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I guess you have to change nameserver for each domain if you want to on and off to show ads.

Ns1.afternic.com
Ns2.afternic.com
This nameserver will show ads with domain is for sell line in top.

Ns3.afternic.com
Ns4.afternic.com
This will show a landing page with a form to enter details to buy domain with Godaddy brand.

•••
Thanks Sinbad!
I did receive a response today from Afternic...

As long as you have your domains listed for sale on Afternic, we make parking pages available to you. Whether or not our parking pages actually appear to anyone visiting your domains just depends on where you have your nameservers pointed. If you would like to park your domain(s) using the For Sale lander page with ads, you would want to update the domains to the following nameservers:
NS1.AFTERNIC.COM
NS2.AFTERNIC.COM

If you would like to park your domain(s) using the For Sale lander page without ads, use the following nameservers instead:
Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

NS3.AFTERNIC.COM
NS4.AFTERNIC.COM

If you don't want any version of our parking page to appear, just edit your nameservers to whatever default settings your registrar has, or point them to your hosting provider.​

Using the Beta Godaddy Domain Manager > Domain Listing Service...
I just checked and (4 days later, it may still be in process) my nameservers are still set at Goddaddy default and the listed domains are forwarding to Afternic, https://afternic•com/forsale/...
A different question but anyone reading this thread who might know...
With my domains listed at Afternic with Buy Now price with Minimum Offer amount (i.e $2800/$2800), will they ever end up with a Buy It Now lander with the actual price vs Form/phone number contact lander?
Do I have to manually add the correct nameservers (with no ads NS3.AFTERNIC.COM NS4.AFTERNIC.COM) to end up with a Buy It Now (with price) lander?
Thanks!

•••
If you want to list your domain as buy now and make offer landing page go with DAN or Sedo.
But list in only one marketplace as Buy now.
We use Afternic as buy now bcoz when someone search for the domain in Godaddy it will show as available with your price ($2800). Also Afternic have partnered up with many other registrar so your domain will show up in all of them.
Hope it helps.

•••
Back