Dynadot

question How to transfer domain from GoDaddy to another registrar?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainsMaster

Established Member
Impact
Guys,

A week back, I bought a domain from Godaddy closeouts. Its now showing on my domains list. And now I want to sell it.
Question; How can I transfer the domain from godaddy to another godaddy account.
Question 2: How can I transfer the domain from my godaddy account to another registrars account?

Under the domain settings tab, it says that "Transfer locked until 8/10/2016: Backorder purchase"

What does it mean? Cant I sell and transfer this domain before 8/10/2016 ?

Please help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
if your door is locked, then you can't get in :)

same with a locked name at gd

why?

cuz, some closeouts may be redeemed by original owner, if they pay the restore fee

so, gd locks the name until that period has passed.

it's best to wait a while after buying a name anyway, before trying to sell it.

imo....

•••
if your door is locked, then you can't get in :)

same with a locked name at gd

why?

cuz, some closeouts may be redeemed by original owner, if they pay the restore fee

so, gd locks the name until that period has passed.

it's best to wait a while after buying a name anyway, before trying to sell it.

imo....

Thanks!

But under the domain settings, there is an option to unlock the domain. So if I unlock the domain, can I transfer that domain then?

•••
you may be able to "unlock" the name in your account, but it may be on registrar lock

i'd just wait until after 8/10/16

•••
you may be able to "unlock" the name in your account, but it may be on registrar lock

i'd just wait until after 8/10/16
Okay. One more thing: Can I transfer it to another godaddy account (not another registrar) ?

•••
•••
It will be unlocked after 60 days since the day you've purchased.
About transferring:
1. Transfer to another account at Godaddy, you can read the instruction here: https://www.godaddy.com/help/move-a-domain-to-another-godaddy-account-822
2. Transfer to another registrar, you can read the instruction here: https://www.godaddy.com/help/transferring-domain-names-to-another-registrar-3560

Good luck to you,
correct

you can push/transfer at any time to another person who has an account at godaddy.

you can only transfer out of godaddy to a different register after 60 days.

•••
You can push it within GoDaddy, but you will have to wait until the unlock date to transfer it to another registrar.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back