IT.COM

discuss How to start investing?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Helen5664

Impact
Hello, All!

It is my first time on this forum. I am want going to discuss ways to get money in 2019. Suppose the "make money online " and start investing with my list:

1. Try the cookie jar approach

Saving money and investing it are closely connected. In order to invest money, you first have to save some up. That will take a lot less time than you think, and you can do it in very small steps.

2. Let a roboadvisor invest your money for you (stocks, bonds and ETFs)

Roboadvisors were created to make investing as simple and accessible as possible. No prior investment experience is required and set-up is easy. Let their automated intelligence track your investments in the background, and pay lower fees in the process.

3. Enroll in your employer’s retirement plan

If you’re on a tight budget, even the simple step of enrolling in your 401(k) or other employer retirement plan may seem beyond your reach. But there is a way that you can begin investing in an employer-sponsored retirement plan with amounts that are so small you won’t even notice them.

4. Put your money in low-initial-investment mutual funds

Mutual funds are investment securities that allow you to invest in a portfolio of stocks and bonds with a single transaction, making them perfect for new investors.

5. Play it safe with Treasury securities

Not many small investors begin their investment journey with US Treasury securities, but you can. You’ll never get rich with these securities, but it is an excellent place to park your money—and earn some interest—until you are ready to go into higher risk/higher return investments.

Thank you for attention and care about my tips for future investing.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Buy “Land” it is bullet proof as long as you purchase it with doing a little research.

No to a roboadvisor

No to investment brokers

You can invest directly, I invested in “Waste Managent” directly through the company.yes, trash, I bought in at $14.78 a share 10 years ago, today’s price $102 a share, it fluctuates but not much. I love trash and recycling 🥰

Land has been my best investment per ROI, I started out purchasing 5 acres in east Texas back in 1998 , that 5 acres of what was rural when I bought it is now a high end subdivision of homes.

You have to start somewhere , start with your lowest yield investments and work your way up

Anything you don’t directly have some sort of official partnership in, IRA Roth or not, bonds, bank CD’s and ect are shit paying investments unless you have very large capital.

Invest in something that is “yours” with no strings attached to start out IMO

Last edited:
•••
Buying waste management company stock and essentially “swamp” land that ended up valuable are about as far from blue chip or blue chip equivalent investments as you may get but luckily it worked out for the above poster.

For every guy who buys isolated land at a few hundred or a thousand bucks an acre and makes money there are a thousand who lose it all.

There are many stocks that went down over a ten year period but hanging your hat on one that went up only 6x in ten years (and now “fluctuates not much” i.e. is stuck) is nothing to write home about.

Always do your own research when it comes to investing. To each his own. One person’s idea of a good investment might not be the same as another’s.

Last edited:
•••
Buying waste management company stock and essentially “swamp” land that ended up valuable are about as far from blue chip or blue chip equivalent investments as you may get but luckily it worked out for the above poster.

For every guy who buys land at a few hundred or a thousand bucks an acre and makes money there are a thousand who lose it all.

There are many stocks that went down over a ten year period but hanging your hat on one that went up only 6x in ten years (and now “fluctuates not much” i.e. is stuck) is nothing to write home about.

Always do your own research when it comes to investing. To each his own. One person’s idea of a good investment might not be the same as another’s.

What made me invest in waste management was the fact that I knew recycling was going to inflate worldwide, they now own thier own recycling center and sell out the goods. I wouldn’t invest in it today of course at 102 a share,

My way of land investing has always been off demographics for future housing development, I invested in land up to 100 miles from the Dallas Fort Worth area, going north and south only, what used to be nothing but rural farm and cattle land had formed into big towns and nice subdivisions of homes.

I agree with you 110% though, research well before investing, very well , dividends won’t follow if don’t

I don’t and haven’t really ever had anything to write home about, have just tried to make a dollar throughout my life

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back