Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jdab

Jamie DąbrowieckiTop Member
Impact
Posting in the newbies forum as I would consider myself a newbie.

I have had an interest in domain names for a while, but could only dream of making sales of $x,xxx+.

In this day and age and with the lack of available .com/.net etc domain names, do you think it's possible for someone like me to get involved in the industry?

I'm not in any way looking to make a living out of this, but it would be nice to earn a few bucks here and there.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"Godaddy VP caught bidding against customers" LOL :D

•••
This is ancient news. Please provide a link with such claims.

•••
First, set aside a bunch of money that you will surely lose. Next, ignore all extensions except .com. Last, buy quality not quantity. But since you're new, you don't know what quality is...enter you're empty wallet and shattered dreams B-)
Keith, I bet you hadn't seen my PM probably due to being inundated with large volume of emails. Please check it out! Thanks!

•••
Damn. NamePros never stops to amuse me with all these 'where to start domaining' threads. O_o

People jam regurgitated shit down the OP's throat, when he asked a simple question: "where to start domaining?" :-/

It's ironic that this question always seems to be posted on a domaining forum with domainers bound to make a name for themselves by putting in their 2 cents on where to begin or how to do it... when it's all in this forum, buried alive by new posts just like this one. D-:

Don't let newbies take the easy way out. With all the information you're pumping at them, it's the same BS found in other threads. Let them read and find out what worked for who and why, rather than compile it in an easy 1-3 paragraph reason.

:rolleyes:

•••
to start with I'd say stay away from brandables. Selling domains is hard work. Selling brandables is close to impossible (for newbies at least).

•••
It all starts in the mind.

That's the truth.

•••
Have you figured out the kind of niche you would like to engage with.

•••
Best to start with wealthy parents.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back