Dynadot

question How to sell domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Johnworks

Impact
i recently got interested in to selling domains and i bought some domains but i dont know the effective way to sell them , there are alot of sites to like sedo, dan , namecheap, go daddy.

do i have to manually put them in all these market places separately or you list on one site just,
also how u place on more than one site for sell since all of them wants you to park domain too.

last is there any site which list them on all sites?
please let me know which site and tricks you guys use

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello!

There are many sales platforms and many ways to approach the selling of domain names.

The quality of your names, your price expectations, your interest in negotiating sales prices vs listing at
B-I-N prices and even placing names in auctions etc may be factors to consider when listing domains for sale.

Suggest you take a bit of time to read over the threads and posts on the Forum re various sales venues and perhaps you will come across some threads / posts that have merit and appeal to you and your domain name goals.

Welcome to NamePros.

•••
i recently got interested in to selling domains and i bought some domains but i dont know the effective way to sell them , there are alot of sites to like sedo, dan , namecheap, go daddy.

do i have to manually put them in all these market places separately or you list on one site just,
also how u place on more than one site for sell since all of them wants you to park domain too.

Put them up at Sedo, Afternic, Godaddy and Flippa. These are like the top marketplaces. Sedo has a MLS Premium program, so if you list at Sedo, they are listed on their partner sites too. Same goes for Afternic. If it fits your budget and your names are really good, you can also buy their promotions to increase your exposure.

•••
namepros is a good start
then it's just months of hard work reading posting learning.

the only thing to remember is domaining has nothing to do with quick easy money. gl

•••
Step 1: Have Your Domain Appraised
Step 2: Set a Price For Your Domain
Step 3: Create a Landing Page Indicating That Your Domain is For Sale
Step 4: Choose an Avenue to Sell Your Domain
Step 5: Use an Escrow Service to Facilitate Transfer of Funds

•••
You are asking for Afternic. You have to put your domains which you want to sell on Afternic.
Afternic has a contract with a lot of registers and with more or less all significant ones. When you put it up for sale there it will be present on GoDaddy and almost all other popular registries. But You have to be aware that Afternic takes 15-20% sales commission depending on the selling price of the domain. Sedo and DAN also take similar commission but they are also very good choice as I know. So, if you want sell quality domains for more then $ 200 transfer those domains to Sedo, Afternic and Dan. It would be enough. You can also try to sell directly to potential end customers-buyers but then you have to contact a lot of them by sending very well made emails ....etc. Last variant; buy on GoDaddy and sell more or less immediately there.
The latter option is not the best solution if you plan to put a selling price of $ 2,500 or more (for a domain you paid $ 10) and agree to wait a year to five or more years for the sale. This is my opinion.

•••
For brandable names without any special meaning or some word game domain names you have specialized sites for selling such domains such as Branddo, Brandpa, Namerific, Brand4sales etc etc..

•••
read namepros
Learn
persist despite losses
it takes months of hard work sometimes yrs ..to master domaining

and remember to never forget the most misleading idea newbies have that domaining is quick easy money.

•••

I also first buy some domains then i didn't know haw to sell them, I think for beginners is most effective to go to sites like Squadhelp and BrandBucket, there you can put unregistred name under review and if they think that they can sell they will register her, or you can register her if you want. They will took some percent from your domains price when sell them, you don't promote your domains because all marketing will do them.

•••
i recently got interested in to selling domains and i bought some domains but i dont know the effective way to sell them ,

Hi

learn "how to buy" the right domains, first.

and

hopefully, they will sell themselves

imo...

Last edited:
•••
Step 1: Have Your Domain Appraised
Step 2: Set a Price For Your Domain
Step 3: Create a Landing Page Indicating That Your Domain is For Sale
Step 4: Choose an Avenue to Sell Your Domain
Step 5: Use an Escrow Service to Facilitate Transfer of Funds

Don't have your name appraised unless you need a second opinion on something outside your expertise.
It may become a recommended retail price from someone else capping your sale as all on google. Yes i will appraise names but it isn't always going to be the best move. Eg Domainking sells lightrock.com for 95k if you think an appraisal would have helped you would have been mistaken.

•••
Selling domains is a lengthy process, and you won't get any bids directly. it values depend on its existing price.

Try to find out your domain current market value a .com TDL(TOP LEVEL DOMAIN) carries a high price, and you can't sell your domain like another selling website.

Here the list of the site where you can find a buyer

I hope this will help you to sell your domain :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back