Dynadot

How to sell domain?

NameSilo
Watch

FinGen101

Established Member
Impact
Hello!

Sorry if you find my english really hard to understand but I will do my very best to explain what I want to know. :p

I am a new domaineer and I have lots of domains.

I want to sell it but didn't know how much I would price it.

Can you please tell is it really important that the domain has a traffic or Pagerank in it? Then if it is, then why those branded-sounded domain are bought high? :$: :$: :$: :$: :$:

sample domain:

Sorry to the admin but I don't want to spam or advertise my site here if you like you can remove this link.

Hoping to hear from you guys..

Thank you in advance!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, the short thing is very simple.
You should have done it by asking the same question that so many keep asking because they will not read anything on this forum first.

READ THREADS HERE!
Search here for "how to sell domains"

So simple, I can not believe people still come in here and ask the same question over and over.

•••
The problem is not to price domains, but to find buyers.
Do you have a buyer right now ? Ask them to make offer and negotiate.
Don't put the cart before the horse.

•••
The problem is not to price domains, but to find buyers.
Do you have a buyer right now ? Ask them to make offer and negotiate.
Don't put the cart before the horse.

Until now I don't have buyer.. I wonder if it's possible to find here?

---------- Post added at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------

Well, the short thing is very simple.
You should have done it by asking the same question that so many keep asking because they will not read anything on this forum first.

READ THREADS HERE!
Search here for "how to sell domains"

So simple, I can not believe people still come in here and ask the same question over and over.

Sorry if this question give you the nerve. I'm newbie here. I'm still confused with this site. Anyway, thanks for your answer.

•••
Like all/most noobs you have put the cart before the horse. You shouldn't be buying domains before you know how to find end users and know how to price your domains.

This is a great thread to help you understand how to find end-users.. http://www.namepros.com/domain-name-discussion/68798-how-to-find-potential-end-users.html .. read it all carefully and digest it. If you solicit end-users, you MUST be able to quote them a price, when they ask. And they will ask you for a price if they have any interest.

As for pricing. Everybody here will tell you Estibot.com is a terrible valuation tool. And it is, for too many reasons, but mostly it's because any automated tool cannot predict what an end-user is prepared to pay for any domain, because some end users have more funds than they know how to shake a stick at, and others just have no funds at all. But for me, it would give a noob like you somewhere to start, just so long as you remember that it is an automated tool. You should also search NameBio.com for domains similar to the ones you already own in order to find out what similar domains have sold for. DNJournal.com lists sales on a monthly basis. It mostly concentrates on the big sales, but it is interesting to read about the domains which don't make any of the top-20 lists. With those resources, if you make any sales, you might never know if you sold the domain too cheaply. So make sure you ask at least 120% of what you would settle for, because most all buyers want to haggle.

Also remember. Don't buy anything other than .com's. If you have brandable type domains that you mention in your first post, you should apply to list them on BrandBucket.com.

hope that helps.

Last edited:
•••
Sir/Ma'am, thanks so much for your reply. NOw, I have idea.. I will be searching more.. Sir I have a domain called "fivah" do you think its a branded domain? Just curious.. thanks so much again..

•••
•••
I have had limited success with godaddy.com auctions. There are others too, like Sedo, but I have not sold any domains there.

Also, you could try cold calling local businesses, that may be interested in a Domain for a future website.

•••
I have had limited success with godaddy.com auctions. There are others too, like Sedo, but I have not sold any domains there.

Also, you could try cold calling local businesses, that may be interested in a Domain for a future website.

I'm using namecheap.. is it advisable to use namecheap?

•••
NameCheap are ok Registrar. You can sell on GoDaddy Auctions, Sedo, Afternic. But it's a slow process waiting for bids.

•••
nice tips thnx for guidance guys

•••
Like all/most noobs you have put the cart before the horse. You shouldn't be buying domains before you know how to find end users and know how to price your domains.

This is a great thread to help you understand how to find end-users.. http://www.namepros.com/domain-name-discussion/68798-how-to-find-potential-end-users.html .. read it all carefully and digest it. If you solicit end-users, you MUST be able to quote them a price, when they ask. And they will ask you for a price if they have any interest.

As for pricing. Everybody here will tell you Estibot.com is a terrible valuation tool. And it is, for too many reasons, but mostly it's because any automated tool cannot predict what an end-user is prepared to pay for any domain, because some end users have more funds than they know how to shake a stick at, and others just have no funds at all. But for me, it would give a noob like you somewhere to start, just so long as you remember that it is an automated tool. You should also search NameBio.com for domains similar to the ones you already own in order to find out what similar domains have sold for. DNJournal.com lists sales on a monthly basis. It mostly concentrates on the big sales, but it is interesting to read about the domains which don't make any of the top-20 lists. With those resources, if you make any sales, you might never know if you sold the domain too cheaply. So make sure you ask at least 120% of what you would settle for, because most all buyers want to haggle.

Also remember. Don't buy anything other than .com's. If you have brandable type domains that you mention in your first post, you should apply to list them on BrandBucket.com.

hope that helps.

Awesome advice thanks very much!

•••
For domain selling businesses, it is very hard to find out the legal buyers. Always try to find buyers whose are most interested to buy your domains. You can use forums, auction sites to sell these domains at a good price.

•••
I used Sedo too, but so far, not very successful in attracting potential buyers.

•••
You should definitely list your domains on GoDaddy as well. I've had many more buyers from Godaddy. Only 1 from Sedo, this year.

•••
depending on your domain
if its value is enough attractive, it's not hard to find buyers

•••
You should definitely list your domains on GoDaddy as well. I've had many more buyers from Godaddy. Only 1 from Sedo, this year.

Can you share your flippa experience?

•••
So the places to sell domains are: GoDaddy, Sedo, Afternic, Flippa, Namepros, Ebay... Any other reliable place to sell?

•••
When buying ANY domain, you need to think about the end user and how you plan to sell it to them.

Also, when looking to buy a domain you really need to realise that it needs to have commercial value otherwise it's only worth reg cost (in my own opinion).

Compile a list of potential buyers and contact them by email asking if they are interested, don't mention a price in the first email just causally enquire.

It takes some effort and commitment but it's a good way to sell.

As for pricing, don't worry to much about pricing when selling to an end-user. Either ask for an offer or if you are asked for an offer go in at 500% profit and start the negotiations.

I'm out for consistent profits so I'm not the type of domainer who sits on domains for long periods of times. If I can make anywhere up to x5 times my investment I'm happy.

It's about using your skill and experience finding an undervalued domain, then selling it for a profit.

I'm just speaking from personal opinion and experience others might disagree and that's ok :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back