IT.COM

question Help

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Carlos535

Established Member
Impact
Hi so I have a question.
Please can someone tell me what they do when they by a domain?
I mean you’ve brought it I’m not bothered what it’s called and let’s says you brought from godaddy and you wish to sell it straight away. I don’t mean you need to sell it by tomorrow you wish to put up for sale.
Do you just hit the sell button?
What do you do with nameservers do you leave as they are or do you add just 2 I.e ns1 ns2 or do you add 6 or 8 for maximum exposure.
I ask this question because I think I’m doing ok and I think I’m setting it up right but I’m not getting a sniff of a inquiry/sell and just wish to know if I’m doing it right to give myself a chance. I understand it’s all about the domain name for it to sell but I’m not even getting as far to have someone interested in any of the domains I have.

I’m basically looking for an idiots step by step guide just to see if I’m doing right or wrong

Many thanks if you reply I’m trying to learn.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are a ton of basic questions in this question that can be found by reading this forum. Nameservers don't add "exposure" as you can only point a domain to 1 site at a time. READ, READ, and KEEP ON READING, this is a tough business, it's not fast money by any means, and a lot of the time... it's no money. Go to the appraisal section and see if your domains are even worth anything... even a great domain can take years and years to sell, (unless you wholesale it) and if you have poor quality domains, they just wont sell. But if you want to learn the basics of how a domain works, don't buy anymore names, just use what you already got and change the nameservers to dan.com, see how that works, change the nameservers to sedo.com see how that works, buy a cheap hosting package, see how that works. You need to have the basic grasp on how a domain and servers work before you spend any money investing. Best of luck and google is your friend!

Sell a domain with Godaddy

Godaddy DNS

Last edited:
•••
There is rarely circumstances where domains sell straight away as you put it. This is a long game and things rarely happen overnight.

•••
I do understand it’s a long game and I’m fine for that I might be lucky one day and sell one really quick but I’m happy to play the long game.
My reason for the post is people’s set up where is the best place to sell and how many nameservers they add to there domains if I’m getting the fundamentals right then I can handle knowing the domains might not be right it’s the set up I’m after to know I’m getting maximum exposure.

•••
I do understand it’s a long game and I’m fine for that I might be lucky one day and sell one really quick but I’m happy to play the long game.
My reason for the post is people’s set up where is the best place to sell and how many nameservers they add to there domains if I’m getting the fundamentals right then I can handle knowing the domains might not be right it’s the set up I’m after to know I’m getting maximum exposure.
Create an account and list them for sale at Afternic, Sedo and Dan as a minimum. Make sure they get listed on Afternic and Sedos fast transfer/DLS programs for maximum exposure.

Then set the NS to Afternic or Dan for the landing pages (NS5.afternic.com and NS6.afternic.com or NS1.dan.com and NS2.dan.com I believe). You shouldn't need a 3rd NS unless you're using it to prove ownership.

Everything else can be done through the marketplace accounts. All marketplaces with have in depth instructions to tell you how to do everything.

Ofcourse there are other things and places but that's the minimum you want to be doing l.

•••
Create an account and list them for sale at Afternic, Sedo and Dan as a minimum. Make sure they get listed on Afternic and Sedos fast transfer/DLS programs for maximum exposure.

Then set the NS to Afternic or Dan for the landing pages (NS5.afternic.com and NS6.afternic.com or NS1.dan.com and NS2.dan.com I believe). You shouldn't need a 3rd NS unless you're using it to prove ownership.

Everything else can be done through the marketplace accounts. All marketplaces with have in depth instructions to tell you how to do everything.

Ofcourse there are other things and places but that's the minimum you want to be doing l.
Thank you so much I appreciate the comments from everyone but to just be told direct what should be the best thing to try is what I’ve needed thank you.

One thing about the nameservers if I use Dan.coms nameservers will this still bring people to view on afternic? And should I worry about paid by clicks or just try and worry about selling them.
I am set up on sedo,afternic and Dan.com and got nameservers for each on every domain which is like six ns1,ns2 servers which seemed to many but if your saying just the 2 from company is best then I’ll go and alter all of them. This is what’s been confusing me.

•••
Thank you so much I appreciate the comments from everyone but to just be told direct what should be the best thing to try is what I’ve needed thank you.

One thing about the nameservers if I use Dan.coms nameservers will this still bring people to view on afternic? And should I worry about paid by clicks or just try and worry about selling them.
I am set up on sedo,afternic and Dan.com and got nameservers for each on every domain which is like six ns1,ns2 servers which seemed to many but if your saying just the 2 from company is best then I’ll go and alter all of them. This is what’s been confusing me.
Just the two from the marketplace who's landing pages you want to use. Personally I don't find much difference in conversion from Afternic or Dan so whatever you like the look of most. Try half your names on each and see if you notice a difference maybe.

I can't stress enough though how important it is to have your names on the sales networks though like Afternics fast transfer if you can. It'll put your names in the registry path of all their partner registrars.

•••
Just the two from the marketplace who's landing pages you want to use. Personally I don't find much difference in conversion from Afternic or Dan so whatever you like the look of most. Try half your names on each and see if you notice a difference maybe.

I can't stress enough though how important it is to have your names on the sales networks though like Afternics fast transfer if you can. It'll put your names in the registry path of all their partner registrars.
I’ll try that thank you.
What’s your thoughts on squadhelp? Have you used before and recommend just the 3 you mentioned

Again thanks you’ve cleared a lot up for me.

•••
I’ll try that thank you.
What’s your thoughts on squadhelp? Have you used before and recommend just the 3 you mentioned

Again thanks you’ve cleared a lot up for me.
SH is hugely over saturated. I wouldn't waste your time.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back