Dynadot

marketplace How to sell/buy directly on Namepros ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SCP Foundation

Established Member
Impact
Hi fellas
I have a question.
So i'm new here and i noticed many people sell their domains and auction them directly on Namepros. The thing is that the feature interests me and i would like to know what happens when the auction/selling is ended. How do the buyer get his domain ? How does the transaction happen ? Is there some sort of "special protocol" to follow for a sale ? And after the sale (to transfer the domain and to pay the seller) too ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have a question.
So i'm new here and i noticed many people sell their domains and auction them directly on Namepros. The thing is that the feature interests me and i would like to know what happens when the auction/selling is ended. How do the buyer get his domain ? How does the transaction happen ? Is there some sort of "special protocol" to follow for a sale ? And after the sale (to transfer the domain and to pay the seller) too ?
Great questions! The seasoned pros kindly provided some answers here NamePros Marketplace Selling Tips Thread. Reading the Namepros Rules might help as well.

Did you know that you can sell your expiring/expired domains on the auction site, with the buyer paying the renewal fee? Note that they would not be obliged to pay a redemption fee. The seller has to pay the difference between the renewal and redemption cost. It's an interesting option for expired domains you otherwise are about to drop. You have an added opportunity here to at least try get a few bucks in the end.

After you win the auction, the seller will contact you to provide their payment information, such as their Paypal account. You then make the payment. They then either send you the code or provide the information to "push" the domain to your account at the same registrar.

The process can actually be done extremely quickly, within a matter of minutes apparently with some seasoned sellers. If you use the "push" option, there should be no expense related to an internal registrar transfer. In other words, if the buyer has the same registrar as you do, you are simply switching the domain between accounts. But if you choose to have the domain sent to a different registrar you use, you have to pay your registrar the usual transfer fees, after putting inthe seller's authorization code.
There may be some issues related to who pays what fees for the sales. Ideally, the listing is explicit about any unusual fees there. If not, the NP rules do provide guidance. Perhaps some other members can chime in about their experiences relating to this, including any fees on venues related to international payments.

Good luck with exploring the options!

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
the usage of escrow services, dan...along with some trust factors to look for, and the healthy community here, goes together to establish and finalize a sale.

•••
Upvote 0
Ok I understand more now
thank you guys for explaining this to me :)

•••
Upvote 0
Hello,

Welcome to NamePros!

Here are some links that may help you navigate the forum.

We have many resources that are designed to help you get started:

Domain Name Discussions is the most popular place in the entire industry to discuss domains with domainers and ask questions.

Additionally, the following guides will help you navigate the marketplace to sell your domains:
  • The Marketplace Guide will help you with listing your domains for sale on NamePros.
  • The Domain Name Listing Guide will help explain the different sections on NamePros for domain sales and how to use them.
  • The Auction Guide will help walk you through starting an auction on NamePros.
Last but not least, please check out our brief welcome guide that shows you all the great resources we have on NamePros:

NamePros Resources Guide

•••
Upvote 0
One simple question. If adding domains for sale on in the "fixed or make offer" section, is it better to delete a current posting and create a new one, or simply add to one currently already listed? It seems like some folks just use the same thread, and continue to modify it over months.

Is there any benefit to using one thread over and over, and simply changing the domains in the title and rest of the content as needed?

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back